• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Delimma, with F1/F2 visas doing CP

Hi WWW,
I was on J1 six years ago and it is causing me tremendous headaches and I will most likely have to postpone my May interview in Europe until June or even July until I get a waiver.

Did you have two year home residency requirement on your J-1 visa? I was on J-1 too, but I did not have the two year requirement.

I read that too but I'm my case they're telling me no. I was 7 month pregnant when I did my interview they issued my immgrant visa after 2months then came my baby. Now I can't travel to activate my green card because I refuse to leave my baby. Embassy officials said that because I'm fall under ir2 my baby is not entitled to apply for a immigrant visa with me. So I ask for a transport letter they said I can't have that either. Do you think it is because I am under 21?

I read that too but I'm my case they're telling me no. I was 7 month pregnant when I did my interview they issued my immgrant visa after 2months then came my baby. Now I can't travel to activate my green card because I refuse to leave my baby. Embassy officials said that because I'm fall under ir2 my baby is not entitled to apply for a immigrant visa with me. So I ask for a transport letter they said I can't have that either. Do you think it is because I am under 21?
Were you a minor child of a U.S. citizen when you obtained IR2 status? This sub-forum is focused on DV cases, you may possibly find more relevant information for your case here: http://forums.immigration.com/forums/family-based-green-card-through-marriage-relative.121/