Delhi US consulate

ciril99

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am from Andhrapradesh and working in US on H1B currently, can i take visa appointment in Delhi since Delhi dates are available?

Thanks

If you visit the website www.vfs-usa, Rules/Fee&FAQs/Consular Districts, at the bottom of the page you can see:

"If you are resident in India, you are required to appear for an interview at the visa section having jurisdiction over the territory where you have been resident during the past six months.

Indian citizens resident in the USA on work permit and applying for a new visa to replace an expiring visa can request an appointment at any of the four visa sections. "

choti said:
If you visit the website www.vfs-usa, Rules/Fee&FAQs/Consular Districts, at the bottom of the page you can see:

"If you are resident in India, you are required to appear for an interview at the visa section having jurisdiction over the territory where you have been resident during the past six months.

Indian citizens resident in the USA on work permit and applying for a new visa to replace an expiring visa can request an appointment at any of the four visa sections. "

Thanks, choti. But Delhi consulate website says they cannot accept emergency visa appointments from other state jurisdiction.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/emergencyappointments.html

"To use the emergency appointment system you must be from the New Delhi Consular District. The New Delhi Consular District includes the following: the states of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttaranchal; the National Capital Territory of Delhi, the Union Territory of Chandigarh; and the country of Bhutan. If you are not from the New Delhi Consular District your visa application will not be accepted"

I am confused now since i saw the above message in Delhi consulate website. :mad: