Delhi Consulate - near by hotels

p_aluri

Registered Users (C)
I am travelling with my wife and son to Delhi for my Visa stamping and looking for a nice and decent hotel near by the consulate.

Can somebody also tell me the distance between Delhi Domestic Airport and the US Embassy ?

Also, what would be the best means of transport in Delhi ?
Thanks

Check for hotels in Chanakya Puri or even Inns in chanakya puri.
I would suggest you hire a taxi for the day in delhi . You can usually book it through hertz India or you could even get one at a standard rate at the Airport.That would be much cheaper and if you have time you could also visit some places around the embassy area.
It would be roughly about a 15 minutes of drive from the airport. There are a few Inns around the domestic airport aswell.

A hotel /guest house which come to my mind is Hotel Diplomat.
It is probably walking distance from the American embassy if you like a good 30 min of walk.

Thank you very much for your valuable information..

Regards,

Al_aos said:
Check for hotels in Chanakya Puri or even Inns in chanakya puri.
I would suggest you hire a taxi for the day in delhi . You can usually book it through hertz India or you could even get one at a standard rate at the Airport.That would be much cheaper and if you have time you could also visit some places around the embassy area.
It would be roughly about a 15 minutes of drive from the airport. There are a few Inns around the domestic airport aswell.

A hotel /guest house which come to my mind is Hotel Diplomat.
It is probably walking distance from the American embassy if you like a good 30 min of walk.

Just giving back something to this wonderful forum.
And you are very welcome.........
Now only if someone could answer my queries ...:)

p_aluri said:
I am travelling with my wife and son to Delhi for my Visa stamping and looking for a nice and decent hotel near by the consulate.

Can somebody also tell me the distance between Delhi Domestic Airport and the US Embassy ?

Also, what would be the best means of transport in Delhi ?
Thanks

Chanakyapuri is a diplomatic area and there are no hotels that I know of directly in Chanakyapuri. You can stay in Connaught Place/ Connaught Circus and take a taxi to the consulate. Alternately, you can stay in Bhikaji Cama Place which is not too far from the consulate (not walkable though).

As long as you start early and leave enough time to get to the consulate, you can stay in a reasonably far off place like RK Puram, Vasant Vihar, Munirka or even Hauz Khas (near IIT).

The reason I mention these slightly far off places is because accomodation in these areas with the exception of Vasant Vihar is a lot cheaper than any place near Chanakyapuri.

If you don't mind spending several thousand a night (around 8-10K per night), then you can stay in the Hyatt at Bhikaji Cama Place.

Hi Techie8,

Thank you very much for detailed information..

Regards,

techie8 said:
Chanakyapuri is a diplomatic area and there are no hotels that I know of directly in Chanakyapuri. You can stay in Connaught Place/ Connaught Circus and take a taxi to the consulate. Alternately, you can stay in Bhikaji Cama Place which is not too far from the consulate (not walkable though).

As long as you start early and leave enough time to get to the consulate, you can stay in a reasonably far off place like RK Puram, Vasant Vihar, Munirka or even Hauz Khas (near IIT).

The reason I mention these slightly far off places is because accomodation in these areas with the exception of Vasant Vihar is a lot cheaper than any place near Chanakyapuri.

If you don't mind spending several thousand a night (around 8-10K per night), then you can stay in the Hyatt at Bhikaji Cama Place.

Hello P_aluri,

Can you tell me which hotel you have chosen to stay at while u were in Delhi?

I am going to goto delhi in Feb for stamping.

Please do help with hotel information (folks who have stayed in a hotel for this stamping purpose)

Thanks!