DeeRod ,

saab

Registered Users (C)
Spoke to an IIO just a few minutes before . Got thru very very easily .
Asked her the first question
"Have you received all background checks ? "
Ans: Dont know yet . FP results are okay . Does it mean i have to wait for
2 more weeks to call her again .

reply to saab..

Immediately after she said "don\'t know" you need to ask if the case is ready for adjudication ready. If she says "no", ask what the case is waiting for. If she says "yes, it is ready to be adjudicated" ask if it has already been assigned. Sometimes you have to literally dig info out of reluctant IIO\'s. Therefore always ask specific questions and continue with a follow-up question if you get a vague answer. Even then there will be some IIO\'s who either are cautious about giving out info and so will just quote the JIT. I have read some posts where folks have been told that the IIO has instructions not to tell you whether the case has been assigned or not. Since you are a JULY RD, you should be on the verge of being assigned if not already assigned. I would suggest waiting atleast for 1 more week. But, If you cannot resist...:)

same for me

my avm message says \'pending review\'
when I asked her about fp results she had to check in another system.
I then asked her about background check she said that fbi check was done and its okay
so I asked her what about background check and cia and local authorities - she says fbi has been done and thats all thats required. I asked her if it has been assigned to officer she says that she is not allowed to give me that information next I asked her what is the meaning of pending review and processing resumes - she says that it is one and the same thing.

I am sure that there is a difference between pending review and processing resumes - I feel that the human element has come into the picture and that some of the IIO\'s are not fully trained

Hope this helps

Dee Rod

what is your status -
Did u call IIO and dig ?
what is the khabar(info) that u got ?

Man I can\'t stop laughing - we guys call IIO and skillfully try to get information

:)

Approval and stamping done

Hi Guys,
I was a read-only visitor of this site. I got lot of help from you guys and thought it would be good to help some guys. My details are as below :
RD : May 03, 2001
ND : July 06, 2001
FP : Nov 07, 2001 (San Jose)
Message changed to "On 29th dec...resumed"
Approved on : Feb 19 , 2002
Approval letter instructed me to go to San Jose for stamping .Many messages on this board suggested that there is huge rush so I decided to go to SFO. I went there today at 8:15 AM and there were 6-7 people ahead of me. Got stamp for 1 year and was out of the bldg at 10:10 AM.

IIO are not clear....didn\'t get lucky.....

I have a RD of 03/22/2001 and the ND of 04/22/2001. My FP was done on 10/13/2001. The FBI says that the report has been sent but the IIO said that no information was received from FBI but the case is assigned. Can somebody please explaim me what this another system is? I also don\'t understand what it means when they say FBI report is not received but the case is assigned. Can somebody throw some light on this. I really appreciate all the great information that is over here. It is extremely helpful.

Thanks

Paras

CSC has an old computer system - It is not possible for one computer system to hold all the information and to process all information. So in order to handle everything they break it into several systems which update one another. Imagine that there is a system which receives the records from fbi and processes them and updates ur avm and updates the main system. Why do we feel that there is another system ? - The answer is that a number of times IIO have been asked if fbi records were received and the answer was no and then they were told please check again and they checked another system and said yes it has been received and will update our main system in a few days and after a week or two the avm changes to \'fp received and is pending review\'

Now about your case - If Your case has been assigned, it really does not matter what IIO says to your fbi results recd etc etc - The officer is working on it and will process the same in a few days and hopefully you should get an answer within 2 weeks. If that is not the case I request you to call IIO and tell them that the case has taken too long and other friends of yours have got approval who have filed in july. Maybe the IIO requests you to send a fax enquiry or the IIO says that she will do something.

Please follow up and do check up after two weeks.

Please keep us updated.

Good Luck !!!!!!

Here\'s my interaction with the IIO - am interested in your feedback

We visited CSC personally as v were not able to get thru on the phone. Looks like the IIOs on the counter are more inexperienced than their couterparts that man the phones. Anyhoo, when I asked her the status of my case she said that our background checks were received on 1/29 (my AVM says "On 12/29...Processing resumed"), and were clear. I forgot to ask her about the difference between the AVM date and the date she gave me. On one of the postings though, someone had written (based on their own phone conversation with an IIO), that this could mean that the "Processing resumed" date is the date that the FP reports are sent by the FBI to the INS and the other date that the IIO gave me was the date that all other background checks are received by them (maybe a more detailed check done by the FBI).

When I asked her if my case was assigned to an officer, she did not seem to understand what I meant by assigned (or maybe she was just pretending not to understand). When I asked her if she knew when my case would be assigned, she gave me what seemed to be a very std response "you will hear from us in the mail in 120 days". God, it is so frustrating dealing with these guys, I tell you.

Based on the above (and my details in my signature above), can anyone speculate on when I can expect my case to be approved or at least assigned? I plan to visit/call them again in another week or so.

Looks like my signature did not come thru - PD - 05/2000, RD-06/27/2001, ND-08/22/2001, WAC-01-264-#####, EB2, India (Came in on an F, changed status from F to H, back to F and then back to H and now on an EAD - Changed from H to F bcos, 6 yrs were up on H, then became eligible to go back to H (after 2nd F) bcos of 1 yr extension). I never had an interruption of status during all these changes, but I-140 was denied bcos of company financials, but on submitting additional evidence it was approved. Since this may have made my file so thick I just hope that the IIOs who go into the "adjudication room" are not ignoring my file bcos it must be thicker than a couple of telephone books bound together. Anyway I am interested in you\'ll guys feedback. Thanks for taking the time to read this thru.

I can give u a general reply - Currently if you look at the cases - may/june/july rd cases are being adjudicated

Probably more may cases then others - but my guess is within 3-4 weeks your case should be adjudicated and then u can have a grand celebration.

currently 21 out of 73 cases have been adjudciated in pcee\'s june list.

Hopefully ur case will be done in the next 3-4 weeks

Thanks rsrgc

I appreciate your response. Hope u r right and we get the (hopefully) good news soon. I will post an update on thsi board when I hear anything. Best of luck with your GC too...