Dee Rod approooved; RD July 19; Wait for plastic card begins...

Dee Rod

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I had been checking the AVM every night since July RD\'s started getting their approval. Each playing of the same AVM message on "12/27....processing resumed" brought more frustration. Felt like hurling the phone against the wall each time. Can\'t afford to lose the only cordless phone I have, so didn\'t. So, I did not check on Thursday night. Finding myself with time on my hands, I decided to check the AVM again on Friday night, March 15. I could not believe my ears when I heard "This case has been approved..." The rest of the message is still a blur, sounded like blah, blah to me. I checked it a couple more times and then checked my wife\'s #. Her case was approved too. Checked again with deliberate entry of WAC # while looking at the 485 receipts. There it was. Somehow knew that the approval notices would be in my mailbox on Saturday. They were. Wanted to rush over to work and inform you all about it. Can\'t do it from home, do not remember my password. But a weekend\'s worth of partying later, here it is. Plan on going for stamping at Santa Ana sometime this week even though the notice says LA. Got to get my haircut. Gotta look my best for that 10 years enduring photograph on the plastic card. Now the 6 months + wait begins for the plastic card. My details are on PCee\'s site but here they are again :
PD - 10/29/1999; EB3-RIR (That was a time in my company where EB2 was a problem. So, without waiting I chose EB3. Didn\'t lose too much)
I-140 applied 02/2000 at TSC
I-140 approved just a few days before EB3 retrogressed. Company did not inform me of approval until a week later.
1485, AP, EAD details
MD - 07/05/2001
RD - 07/19/2001
ND - 08/29/2001
WAC - WAC-01-270-56XXX
AP - 10/01
EAD - 12/01 (Got RFE for me for copy of I-140 approval notice; Marriage Cert. for my wife)
FP SCHED - 11/24/01 at Buena Park ASC
FP DONE - 11/06/01 at Buena Park ASC
AD - 03/14/2002
The whole process starting from Labor took a little over 2 years and 4 months. About 1 year 4 months of that was wasted waiting for EB3 to become current. All said and done not too bad.
Many thanks to CIBA, PCee, rsrgc/Rjngh2000 and all the others who posted and had what were largely fruitful, knowledgeable and useful discussions. I will be visiting this board frequently. Don\'t know how I will wean myself away eventually. I have become almost addicted to the board. Will post my stamping experience on the stamping experiences thread. Wish all of you a speedy approval.

Hearty congratulations

Tangdi kabab and chicken 65 etc etc done

just a few minutes back posted message to satsri saying that I expect 270-279 to start this week

Congratulations and Good Luck !!

Dee Rod,
        Do visit this board whenever you find time. We like your analysis and postings.

Best Wishes
satsri

No Title

Dee Rod,

Congratulations.

FYI, Do you know that recently some how (around Wednesday) while entering data I made a mistake and entered 03/12 approval date for your record. Then our rsrgc sent me a private message asking me if he missed your approval. I realized my mistake and immediately created another update for summary pages with correction and posted it on Thursday. Actually I wished if your case got approved on 03/12 itself so that I don\'t need to do any update though!

Good luck
PCee

Congratulations!

I also went to get a haircut before the pictures :) Enjoy the feeling of great relief. Good luck, and see you at the after the green card forum. Thanks for all your contributions to the 485 forum.

Dee Rod.. Hearty Congrats.

Enjoy the freedom. We\'ll miss your ideas/posts/suggestions in this board.

Congrats Buddy !!!

BIG Congrats !!! Great News !! I am happy for you. You have always been cheering me up & supporting me. Please keep visiting this board I hope I can let you know my approval soon.
Good luck in future !!!

Congratulations Dee Rod

Your analysis was really Gr8.

My RD, ND and WAC (56XXX) are exactly same as yours. hope we get our GC soon too ..!!

My heartiest congratualtions to you

You have been a great co-waiter on this site.
Good luck on your plastic card too!

Enjoy!
-DS

Congrats, Go to Santa Ana

I went there last friday and it took me about 40 min.
Most of the time about 30 min to get a ticket/token.
You can try to schedule an appointment which might save you
more time ..