Decision cannot be made -- here's my experience

Bmore

Registered Users (C)
Update: Decision cannot be made; Oath Letter Received

I had my interview today with name change. My social security # was wrong on the application but the IO corrected it after I pointed it out. For one of the question, I had answered both yes and no by accident on the application. The IO corrected it and made me sign next to it. It was not a big deal.

I passed the rest of the interview with out any problem. The IO was nice and said I had passed and should receive a letter.

However, the option checked was "Decision cannot be made." Not sure if this is a normal procedure for name change or not? I guess I'll have to wait 90-120 days before contacting them. Any comment, opinions, suggestions are welcomed.

The interview was in Baltimore. I am not worried. I am just scared of all the endless bureaucratic crap I will have to sort through for something that's not in my hands. I just want an Oath Letter and be done with everything. I want to just enjoy the summer and spend time with my family in peace -- nothing to worry about. A cool classic drink of my favorite beverage by the sunset in peace this summer is all I ask! That's all I ask of life! Life is too short for this bureaucratic drama. :(

Thanks for reading my semi-quasi rant. And to anyone else having similar issues, god speed and best of luck to you. Hang in there!

Update: I received my oath letter (10 days after the interview date). Those having issues, just hang in there! You'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience on 03/09 and waiting for a response. I do not know the exact reason but I am assuming it's about my middle and first name interchanged in GC.

Good luck and post something if you here anything from USCIS

Could be anything from name change request to minor mistakes on application that make IO mark decision cannot be made. Don't worry about it if everything else went fine at interview.

I had a similar experience on 03/09 and waiting for a response. I do not know the exact reason but I am assuming it's about my middle and first name interchanged in GC.

I received my Oath Letter. I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

I am in similar situation that I had passed my interview on 05/09 but still waitng for 'name check' result. For more details on the interview day and further follow ups, click my userid and click 'View Forum Posts'