December Mumbai Interview Thread

Hi anand74mo

While requesting an early interview date, did you have to mention any specific reason?

I would appreciate if you can describe how did you get an early date?

I have a situation where I may have to ask for an early date.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

No Title

Hi Guys,

My interview date is NOT confirmed. I think we should get our interview dates by end of next week or starting of the following week. I had requested an interview in the first week of December in the cover letter of my P3 and followed that up with an e-mail. I received a reply from the consulate that they will schedule it in the first week of December. I\'m hoping they keep their word.

The reason I bought my tickets is that the longer I wait, the costlier they get and eventually even if I have to change my ticket (if my interview falls on Dec 31), then it will be cheaper to pay the change penalty.

Anand

How reliable are Consulate\'s operators/emails w/ interview dates?

Bombay consulate received our P-3 on Oct 1st. They said we\'ll have a Dec interview in reply to my 1st email. On requesting an estimate of a specific date, they said (email) 3rd week of Dec. Then I requested an earlier date; to which I received an email that they\'ll schedule in the 1st week of Dec. Yesterday my father-in-law in Bombay was told on the phone that our interview has been set for Dec 27th.

I don\'t know what to believe. It seems these operators/email responders do not want to be hassled w/ these requests to move interview dates, and say whatever they want to ward off such inquiries until the dates are finalized by the 10th/15th of the prior month.

Any comments?? Thanks,

no you dont have to worry abt PDs after getting interview date

once you get a interview date , means that consulate has received the visa number for you that they request from INS. So the meaning of PDs being current around nov 15th is that the applicants in december are current. if the PDs retrogres on dec 15th, then this affects jan interviewees not december ..

hope this helps.
-trishul

No Title

I tried calling for 1 hour 4:30AM to 5:30AM ET , couldn\'t get through,then got Voice Response System...

No Title

I think we shall know our interview dates by Monday-Tuesday of next week. I have asked my folks in Mumbai to call the consulate. Try asking someone in Bombay itself to call the consulate so don\'t have to become nocturnal creatures :)

Website for Interview dates?

Is there any website for checking, December Interview dates in mumbai?

If anybody knows about it, please let me know.

Thanks all.

No Title

Interview Date Dec-18,phone number 3637407 was always busy, but with 3637408 got through easily @ 5:00AM ET. Will call Lilavati for Medical, leaving from NY on 11/24.

Good Luck to everyone

Does this mean Interview dates for Dec are out ? Please let us know if

yours was a special request or you just happen to call to get the interview date.

Thanks,
PR4ME

No Title

pr4me,

Nothing special,I guess every month consualtes prepares the list of interviews in first week and will realse that once visa numbers (cut-off dates) are offically out around 12-15 of the month. Everyone should be able to get the date by calling them or wait for the list sometime next week on their website.

Good Luck

desichet:

probably mumbai consulate does tell u before 15th...

i called chennai yesterday and they aksed me to call back around the 15th nov..