[DCF] Does my wife need to provide evidence of we have been living togehter at all?

ocworker

Registered Users (C)
I wonder for the DCF, during my wife immigrant visa interview, does she need to provide any evidences of we have been living together at all?
the fact is, she lives in her home country and I live in US. we have not actually lived together at all.

We started our relationship 4 yrs ago. We got married in March this year in her home country. I visited her every year, and for the first 2 times, I stayed in hotel. for the last 2 visits, I stayed in her house with her family.

Would it cause any problems (however, it seems logicially to me that we could not really live together because of the geographic issue)?

I know if someone would have to go thru the AOS process, they would have to prove both names are under the same lease / house / car / insurance..etc etc.

What about DCF process?

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
ocworker said:
I wonder for the DCF, during my wife immigrant visa interview, does she need to provide any evidences of we have been living together at all?
the fact is, she lives in her home country and I live in US. we have not actually lived together at all.

We started our relationship 4 yrs ago. We got married in March this year in her home country. I visited her every year, and for the first 2 times, I stayed in hotel. for the last 2 visits, I stayed in her house with her family.

Would it cause any problems (however, it seems logicially to me that we could not really live together because of the geographic issue)?

I know if someone would have to go thru the AOS process, they would have to prove both names are under the same lease / house / car / insurance..etc etc.

What about DCF process?

thanks in advance

Hi OC, for DCF I think it is really stupid if USCIS asks to produce evidence that both of you have been living together (as is the main requirement with AOS), knowing that you and your wife are living in separate countries. My guess is that the main foucs would be on your ability to financially support your wife after she arrives here and ofcourse, her clearing the security checks. Other than that, i think it would be a normal interview and shouldnt have much of a problem :)

ari4u said:
Hi OC, for DCF I think it is really stupid if USCIS asks to produce evidence that both of you have been living together (as is the main requirement with AOS), knowing that you and your wife are living in separate countries. My guess is that the main foucs would be on your ability to financially support your wife after she arrives here and ofcourse, her clearing the security checks. Other than that, i think it would be a normal interview and shouldnt have much of a problem :)

thanks for the reply, and it is what i thought thou.

I read some posts regarding the US Embassy in India would take the finger prints for security check during the interview; i do not know if the Consulate officer would issue the visa on the same day.

I also asked someone who recently tried to get a visa from Taipei AIT. They said their finger prints were taken during the interview, but they approved for the visa on the same day (assuming the case had no problems). However, I am not sure if that person who posted the experience applied the visitor visa or immigrant visa.

Anyhow, my wife is waiting for the interview notice. I consider the immigrant visa for spouse via DCF is very fast. The I-130 was approved within 5 business days after they received the appplication form and documents. They sent the packet 3 right the way.

again, thanks for replying my post.

Correct, normally for AOS is to proof that you have joint bills and things like that in a "joint status". For your case, they focus is in your financial support and when/how you met and how many times you visit her and so forth. If you have your plane tickets or stamps of your passport that will be good and of course pictures/letter and emails.

Good luck,

Damn, my wife is still waiting for pkt3. Our I-130 was approved same day (at new delhi, India) a month ago. I have been trying to get hold of consular section but no luck. No body picks the phone over there.

Good luck with your wife's interview. take any pictures, emails, phone records that you have.

bobbyz said:
Damn, my wife is still waiting for pkt3. Our I-130 was approved same day (at new delhi, India) a month ago. I have been trying to get hold of consular section but no luck. No body picks the phone over there.

Good luck with your wife's interview. take any pictures, emails, phone records that you have.

did u guys get any letter?
my case is similar to u, I got a "choice of contact address" letter and my wife got a similar letter and she has to pay $70 for i864 (but not file i864 yet)

cherr1980 said:
Correct, normally for AOS is to proof that you have joint bills and things like that in a "joint status". For your case, they focus is in your financial support and when/how you met and how many times you visit her and so forth. If you have your plane tickets or stamps of your passport that will be good and of course pictures/letter and emails.

Good luck,

thansk for the advice. idid not think of the letter / email. i sure will do that and send a copy of my plane tickets to my wife for her interview.

micmic said:
did u guys get any letter?
my case is similar to u, I got a "choice of contact address" letter and my wife got a similar letter and she has to pay $70 for i864 (but not file i864 yet)

I have not got anything from the consulate. I would be interested to know what your wife got. I applied on March 31, 2006. Another person that I know who applied on March 30, 2006 already got the visa.

Looking forward to your response. When did you apply and ehat documents you got from the consulate?

ocworker - Sorry for hijacking your thread.