• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Date of birth on certificate not correct

@dafford1z i still dnt knw wat possible solution or answer wud u b lookin 4 2 suit ur question.
In dnt knw hw thns wrks in Ghana but d fact remains dat WAEC is WAEC as long as its still a west africa examination body it is still d same procedure n process dey follow in all west africa countries.
1.go get a sworn affidavit
2.Attestation n NPC
3.statutory of declaration of age 4rm a state high court recognize.
4.WAEC scratch card
5.print d result online
6.get a letter 4rm ur sch wt ur principal s name,stamped,signed,dated, n wt ur sch logo on it.
Just tell d CO wat d WAEC official says n try 2 get a letter 4rm WAEC also as a backup cos u already heard wat dey told u at d WAEC office dat it wud take long 4 ur certificate 2 b ready cos u never can tell wen ur interview date or schedule wud b ready based on dis CN shown 2012AF00026xxx which shown ur interview date might just b around d corner maybe by february/march if i maybe correct.So wud u wnt 2 jeopardize ur interview date 4 a long waitin certificate dat wont b ready 4 nw?these re questions u nd 2 ask urself?my bro just go wt all d relevent documents mentions n u will b ok n also pray 4 God favour n blessin cos so many ex DV winners in dis thread who had one way or d other had scaled thru dis situation or rigor s or senero its d same documents dey presents 2 d CO n dey were granted wt visas so urs will nt b different except u wnted it 2 b by makin thns 2 b more complicate 4 urself.

@tonnyblue it b well wt u.N dnt 4get 2 pray b4 u go 4 ur interview.BEng certificate plus a WAEC scratch card n result printed out 4rm d internet n attestation n NPC n also statutory of declaration of age 4rm a state high recognize n u will ok 4 d interview,God bless u.

@tonnyblue did u mailed or u emailed d US embassy lagosIV@state.gov?cos if it is email u get a fast respond but if is mail den i wudnt b surprise dat till nw u av nt been able 2 get a respond.Email is d fastest way 2 reach n get a reply 4rm dem.Nw if u say u av called d Nigeria embassy n dey say dat u shud nt com but hw do u intend 2 knw if d US embassy in lagos has received ur mail or email even if d man wt huge voice says dat many re absent on d day of interview date dat d embassy would understand dat such applicant wud reschedule 4 another interview date but u still nd 2 b sure if ur mail or email has been reached or received by d ambassy.My bro d embassy still nds 2 attend 2 ur question n u ought 2 get a reply 4rm dem it simple.Ur interview is slated january 5 2mrrw so nw wat do u intend 2 do nw dat u av nt heard or gotten a respond or reply 4rm d embassy n ur wife will b writing her MBBS exam on dat day?but if i may ask who is d primary apllicant is it u or ur wife?ok whether u nor ur wife d fact remains both of u must b present on d day of ur interview.So i guess u called d US embassy at lagos immidiate n explain evrythn,still also make a print out of d email sent n take it 2 d embassy 4 a reschedule,it is better dey b aware of ur reschedule dan dey never n will fixed a new date 4 ur interview.

@kunato pls read back wat @dafford1z said wat dey told him/her at d WAEC office dat he/she shud go n get a letter 4rm he/she sch statin d mistake being made n dat if nded it dat urgently den he/she shud go n swear an affidavit n also d certificate wud take dat long 2 come out.I dnt knw if u re 4rm a west africa country but if so den i guess or u wud understand d mean of error being made in or on certificate n hw long it will take 2 b rectify.Nw It takes over or 4rm 6 months 4 a mistake 2 b amended or rectify on or in certificate but if d error or mistake is 4rm d applicant n nt 4rm WAEC den i guess there s no solution or alternative 4 amendment .Nw b4 u cud b talkin of he/her 2 re schedule he/her interview to 2 or 3 wks in other 2 get he/her certificate but remember we re talkin of over 6 months here 4 he/her certificate 2 b ready.So re u nw sayin he/her shud re schedule he/her interview to over 6 months 4rm nw or wat better or concrete advice wud u give 2 @dafford1z?

Qualification

I talk to a friend who has also won the lottery 2012 but he is very worried and i hope the house will help him on this.. He failed in science and had a d7 in maths and e8 in english. He also had a diploma in business studies.. Since he doesnt not have a credit in english and maths but have a diploma in business studies, will that saves him out ?

Please help me tell this guy something because he is very worried

rhoda

I talk to a friend who has also won the lottery 2012 but he is very worried and i hope the house will help him on this.. He failed in science and had a d7 in maths and e8 in english. He also had a diploma in business studies.. Since he doesnt not have a credit in english and maths but have a diploma in business studies, will that saves him out ?

Please help me tell this guy something because he is very worried

rhoda

@dafford1z, the basic requirement for the DVLOTTERY is just ur HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. Ur friend not having MATHS and ENGLISH is a very big problem. He might be denied his visa if he presents that result. Inrespective of the fact that he has a diploma in Business Studies does not change anything.His Diploma is not relevant in this case cos the CO will focus on his O'LEVEL. He may not make it let me be sincere with u, but if God is on his side, maybe they can wave it, but its 50/50 chance.

Qualification wassce not o'level.

@dafford1z, the basic requirement for the dvlottery is just ur high school diploma. Ur friend not having maths and english is a very big problem. He might be denied his visa if he presents that result. Inrespective of the fact that he has a diploma in business studies does not change anything.his diploma is not relevant in this case cos the co will focus on his o'level. He may not make it let me be sincere with u, but if god is on his side, maybe they can wave it, but its 50/50 chance.

i read a few post and i realize that the least qualification is 5 passes.. And his result is wassce and not o'level so i guess he is on the right channel. I read a lot of articles on the qualifications and it seems he need at least 5 passes including english and math which he had d7 and e8 respectively which are both passess.. I'm i right. ?

His result is wassce not o'level.

i agree.
I mean, think about it. How are you supposed to get a job in the us if you cannot communicate in english?

honestly he can speak english well.. And please his result is wassce and not o'level

Qualification

Obviously then, the consult will make the final decision.

i think I made a mistake earlier.. the person in question had D7 AND E8 in maths and ENGLISH respectively.. and I'm asking if that's a pass for him... because from the articles that I've read, it says 5 passes including english and pass and D7 AND E8 ARE BOTH PASSES..

RHODA

honestly he can speak english well.. And please his result is wassce and not o'level

@dafford1z, very funny bro! WASSCE and GCE are all refer to as O'LEVEL in the general sense. If West Africa, if anybody ask u if u av ur O'LEVEL, they are simly asking u of ur WASSCE or ur GCE whatever may be the case.

U tend to 4get tha speaking English is very quite diff. from writing it and writing English is quite diff. from speaking it. U may want to assume that all it takes is just to write what u speak, but bro, there's more to it.

i think I made a mistake earlier.. the person in question had D7 AND E8 in maths and ENGLISH respectively.. and I'm asking if that's a pass for him... because from the articles that I've read, it says 5 passes including english and pass and D7 AND E8 ARE BOTH PASSES..

RHODA

Well, like what Kunato told u , the CO will give the final decision. For ur record, the 5 passes u are talking about is just an English word used in their own thesis. 5 passes to an American means 5 credit in Africa. This people know our educational system and they know the basic requirement u need to enter the University. If someone had scaled thru with just this passes, then his own wont be an exeption.

@dafford1z u mean WASSCE is nt O/level?den wat s d different btw WASSCE N O/level 4rm ur own understandin cos we re nt talkin abt GCE here nw?

@ovicity wat @dafford1z says abt d 5 credits is right?but only wen u re in d higher institutions or polytechnics or college of education.Ur sch transcript is wat d CO wud use plus ur 5 credits n admission letter.I av so many ex DV winners/friends dat re in d states nw dat had 5 credits while in d their institutions/universities n dey were asked of their sch transcript n admission letter. Even if ur re a registered footballer or signed player playin in a recognise club den wt 5 credits u re ok 4 d interview.But if u re nt in dis categories or institution or being a BSc or MSc or Dr or PhD den i guess it 6 credits 4 a neutral person wt ordinary o/level wt compulsory credits in English n Maths plus credits in any other 4 subjects basically 4rm a sciences or art or commercials line.

@dafford1z pls take note dat WAEC is d examination body conductin exam 4 d senior secondary sch exam SSCE n wt d exmas dey write called WASSCE West Africa Senior Sch Certificate Examination.It is an exam in west africa countries or states conducted by WAEC body.West Africa Examinations Council.

@ovicity wat @dafford1z says abt d 5 credits is right?but only wen u re in d higher institutions or polytechnics or college of education.Ur sch transcript is wat d CO wud use plus ur 5 credits n admission letter.I av so many ex DV winners/friends dat re in d states nw dat had 5 credits while in d their institutions/universities n dey were asked of their sch transcript n admission letter. Even if ur re a registered footballer or signed player playin in a recognise club den wt 5 credits u re ok 4 d interview.But if u re nt in dis categories or institution or being a BSc or MSc or Dr or PhD den i guess it 6 credits 4 a neutral person wt ordinary o/level wt compulsory credits in English n Maths plus credits in any other 4 subjects basically 4rm a sciences or art or commercials line.

@Schoolboy, I will suggest u read dafford1z post very well. He is talking about getting passes in MATHS and ENGLISH and not credits. He said his friend got D7 and E8. Those grades are passes in WAEC computations and not credits. What use is his transcript when he's having defficiencies in his grades? He will never get admission to any University in Africa with D7 and E8 how much more America. That's why we are saying he might have issues with the CO if they discover about his scores.