Dallas Timeline, Family based

Approved :>>

All,

My mother had her interview on 4/16 at Dallas office.

She was sponsored by my elder sister(US ctz)
RD: 05/20/03
Fing. Prt: 02/26/04
Interview: 04/16/04 Got her stamp :)

Interview was easy and they just asked few basic questions. Original green card will arrive in mail 2-6 months.

Here's the bummer. I mailed her passport to our consulate to have her birth certificate made, which she lost, through USPS priority mail with delivery conformation. Till today it shows it left Dallas but no further information available. In short we have to declare it lost in mail and hurry up for the urgent passport(filed report with local police office, get pictures, get form notarized etc. and this time mailed it through FedEx next day. Just picked up the new one (an hour earlier before she has to leave for her interview) from the post office (return mail has be through USPS). :mad: Thanks God she got her stamp on the new paspport, other wise whos knows how long would she have to wait.

So take my advise and NEVER mail your important papers through priority mail, use Express mail or FedEx or UPS. It costed me close to $300 for the urgent passport, but all of you on these boards know quite well that money is the least consideration in our situations. I was so stressed I couldn't sleep last couple of days before her interview. Thanks God its all over.

I have my interview tomorrow also, here's my time line

RD: 07/10/03 Filed I-130, 485, Medical, Adv Par, EAD
Adv Par: 09/08/03
EAD: 09/30/03
Fing. Prt: 02/27/04
Interview: 04/22/04

Lets see what happens, I hope I will get the stamp too. I'll update it soon. Best of luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to your Mom. Please do keep us posted how your interview goes tomorrow. Good Luck. thanks for posting the interview experience of your mom

Congratulations amaq!

I have a question:
I guess her application was filed when she was here on Visitor's visa. Were there any concerns or questions regarding her applying while on Visitor visa, change in immigration intent, etc.? Thanks.

Hi All,

My wife got her interview notice for May End. It took six months from the time of filing. Wow.

Dallas is processing fast. Glad to be living in dallas and kudos to dallas BCIS. They are doing a wonderful job.

dal123

Dallas Interview

All,

I had my marriage based adj. of status interview yesterday at Dallas office. It went pretty painless and short. We didn't had to wait long, the lady offcier was very nice and professional. First she took my index finger print and signature on card, then took our oath.

She was checking paper work and asking basic questions, my SS, wife's birth day etc. Took our 03 tax return, I gave my advance parole and EAD card back (both never used LOL). She also took my I-94 and put stamp on it for "Adjusted to" and put my A# on it and kept it. In the end she explained about being give the conditional adjustment status for 2 yrs and that I have to apply for removel of condition 90 days before the 2 yrs are up and that this is the only time I will hear from BCIS about it and its solely my responsibilty to appply for that removel or else I will be subject to removel from US etc etc.

Finally she stamped my passport and wrote my A# on it, valid till the paspport validity date. She said my GC will arrive way before that.

She did took copies of our joint bank a/c, bills with our names, medical insurance info and our photo ids and put every thing in the file. No questions about marriage photos etc, we had a lot of stuff with she did not asked for any of it, better prepared than be sorry.

Here's my time line..

RD: 07/10/03 Filed I-130, 485, Medical, Adv Par, EAD
Adv Par: 09/08/03
EAD: 09/30/03
Fing. Prt: 02/27/04
Interview: 04/22/04 Approved :D
Total 9 months and 12 days

I would say that I been very lucky to get the process done soo fast and impressed with BCIS staff and their professionalism. It seems that Dallas office service time has improved a lot lately, a healthy news for everyone. Best of luck to all who are waiting and also to those who intends to jump in :cool:

amaq

USC need help with process after K3

Hello Guys/Girls:

I am USC and have filed I 130 and K3 for my foreign national spouse. She will be appearing for K3 Visa interivew tomorrow in her home country. I am wondering if someone from you know what will be next step for me when she comes to USA at the end of this month.

From what I understand she will file for her Work Permit once she gets here and only after that she can apply for her SSN and driver's licence.

I am wondering if she will be able to file for the I-485 right away or will we need to wait for !-130 approval??

Thx in advance..

Hi dal123..
My wife also got the GC Interview for the beginning part of June...Dallas BCIS office has been really doing a great job. It took us also around 6 months from the time we filed our application. All da best for your interview and definitely post an update as soon as you guys are done..
Thanks..

Hi All,

We had the interview today and everything went well. My wife got her green card approved and her passport is stamped. The officer was very professional, courteous and extremely nice.

No personal questions except DOB, marriage date, marriage licence copies, taxes filed for the last three years, H1B papers(my wife is on H1B), lease papers, car insurance showing both our names, health insurance papers showing both our names, current employment letters from both and that is it. She checked the adddress on DL with the one on application and asked for copies of the Drivers License, took away the EAD and advance parole etc and then stamped my wifes passport. The immigration officer mentioned that my wife will receive the green card in the mail well before the expiry date of the stamp in the passport.

The entire process took six months(Nov 25th mailed it - Interview May21 st). Glad to be living in Dallas. I am impressed with their processing speed of the applications and how profeesional the USCIS staff is. Kudos to them.

Good luck to everyone else. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread and kept it alive, lively and well informed for everyone else.

Dal123

Congrats Dal123..

Hi Dal123..
Congratulations for coming out of this with no issues and the stamp on your wife's passport. I read your other post regarding getting the permanent gc in hand. Assuming your marriage date has been more than 2 yrs, I think they say a timeframe of less than 3 months to get it in mail..
We have our gc interview soon coming up and were wondering did your wife change the name (maiden) to the husband's name during the gc interview or did she change it before? I was very frustrated trying to look some earlier posts but the new forum version does not let me do it..do you have any clues there?
Thanks..

Hi jamesbond,

Thank You. My wife as of today has not changed her maiden name and the officer was not concerned at all. We thought the best thing to do is to change her name when she applies for her citizenship. The reason being it is a lot of work now if we do it(go to court, let the indian counsulate know and ask them to change it etc).

i hope I answered your question. All the best for your interview.

Dal123

EAD and AP - san antonio processing times

I will be filing in a months time for AOS based on marriage to a US citizen..any news on time frames at SAn antonio...thanks
I am told its much faster than dallas or Houston

AOS interview expereince in Dallas..

We had our AOS Gc interview and everything went smooth for us..The officer was really jovial, friendly and made us really feel at home :) I got the feeling that they really do their homework well and have a fair idea much before hand if the marriage is a fraud..
The officer took our driver licenses copies..Apt lease copies..health n auto insurance copies, my wife's I-20 copies, the I-94, Employment verification letters. They had misplaced the Medical exam papers which we turned in with our application so we provided the copies of it.She took away the EAD and AP. She did ask some personal questions like where you guys met, how long ago did you meet and since we got marriage in India asked a little about that. Ours was a little wierd case since my wife was on a valid F1 when we got married and I was a gc holder and we had even registered our marriage in India..however, the officer did not raise a red flag about it as the entire time my wife had maintained her own visa status till I applied AOS for her..
My wife got the conditional gc stamp on her passport (since our marriage isnt 2 yrs old) and will apply after 2 yrs to remove the conditions..The entire experience went very smooth and it took us exactly 6 months..The Dallas USCIS staff is doing a great job ..

amaq n all,

my parents were sponsered for 485 by my sis who is US citizen -
Dallas local off:
RD: 01/2003
problem is they got FP call in 03/2004 when they had just left for india, so they asked for a fresh date under medical grounds. but we have not yet heard from INS on a new FP date.

anyone gone through this when FP was requested for a new date?? what needs to be done, please help!! hope they have not cancelled the application??