Dallas Timeline, Family based

EAD and AP- marriage based

Hi,
will be applying for 1-485,EAD and AP 2nd week of April (GC thru marriage, my fiance is a US citizen by birth).
I will file from Texas. How long does it take to get iEAD or EAD and AP. I am planning to visit my parents in india in June/July.

would appreciate ur responses.

Rkg

Hi rkg72

I do not know which local office you are filing to in Texas. Dallas, San Antonio, Houston etc. I can give you soem timelines for Dallas

EAD - it is taking three months from receipt date. If you do not receive it in 90 days you can go the local office early in the office and they will give EAD the same day. My wife went at 6:45 AM and received EAD at 11:00AM the same day.

Advance parole - I131- I heard from the INS office that it is taking 120 - 150 days. We have not received it yet. our receipt date is December first week.

I485 - 15 - 16 months is what INS informed for interview.

Hope this info helps.

Dal123

Got the EAD..

Hi Dal123, class082004, rkg72..
We went to the INS office on 3010 Stemmons Fwy and they gave us the EAD within like 1 hour. how did the fingerprints go , dal123?? We also got the I-131 approved and got the Advance parole form in mail. From whatever i've heard though, it should only be used for emergency...If u travel on I-131, then u come back as a 'Parole' and you loose your visa status..but again this needs more verification..
Laterz

Thanks for all the info -

I called the offices of Sheila Murthy last week. My case is that I married my wife before she got 485 approval.

We got married in Sept 03 and I filed a week later and had a RD of Oct. 04. I got my EAD in Dec 03, FP in Jan 04.

My wife got her 485 aproval in Feb and card yesterday ( 3/16/04). I got my AP last week too.

When I called the law offices of Sheila Murthy and got a consultaion, they said usually my file should have been processed with hers and I should have got the green card at the same time. However, this is not ususally the case - what makes it worse is that it is filed in TSC (Dallas). She said it could take about a year to get my 485 appproval even though I am a beneficiray on her application and she got her approval already.

So - lets keep waiting I suppose .....

Good luck to all of you awaiting your approval

AP issue

my wife came in on AP last Nov. I specifically ask POE officer following question:

can she leave country for sightseeing and come back on AP? Answer: yes

So AP is not for emergency only. I asked officer above question twice. But we still do not dare to use it for tour.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/advisories/advisory.htm

Accordingt he Q2 on this link -
Q2. Who needs Advance Parole?

A2. Aliens in the United States who have an emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad and who have:

So I guess unless its an emergent need - we can't travel.

Then again - I have lots friends who have gone to Europe/ Asia on vacation on AP. Guess this is a grey area

jamesbond911,

The fingerprints went well. It was quick. We got the EAD by standing in the line as we did not get anything in the mail. We went to 8101 stemmons Freeway and stood in the line. We went there at 6:45AM and got a number. Once we were inside then they asked us to fill the I765 again. They called our number and once we reached the window she took the I765 form, copy of the receipt from INS, copy of DL and then put all the information in an envelope and asked us to go to the 3010 stemmon freeway. Once we reached there from that time it took 30 minutes to get the EAD.

We did not get the advance parole yet.

Dal123

1. I am at Alabama, which local office should I file?

2. I do not need a job until 2005, do I need to apply EAD now, or try to wait as long as possible save the application fees?

3. After I have a conditional GC, do still need AP or EAD?

4. Mexico is so close to US, do I need AP to travel to there?

Thx a lot!

PS.
just read from the others
if F-1 want to go aboard, only need go to local office, stay in a line and give some reasons, then AP will be issued at the same day? (another said mail in 30-days later.)

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD and AP- marriage based

Thanks for you responses . ...we live in San antonio..but will be getting married in Houston and will be filing from Houston . ( I am seeking help of a houston based attorney to file for EAD and AP). Is it faster if we file from San antonio...Pl advise.

Thanks RKg

Dal123:

Where should I send my files? Local office - Atlanta,GA, or service center Texas? I am located in Alabama. Will that cost more time if I filed to the wrong place?

Thx in Ad.

approved

hi,

my wife and i went for an interview today. after 15 minuates, her case is approved and her passport is stamped. thanks for everyone's help. here is some details on interview.

1) the officer is very nice. actually all BCIS officers I encountered are very nice.

2) needed doc:
apartment lease, 3-year W2, employment letter. she took the originals and did not return.

car insurance showing both of our names. this is a surprise. i happen to put her name there.

though we mailed medical exam report, she could not find it. i happen to have another copy (not in the envolope). That will do.

3) no photos, no questions on relatives. nothing on our daily life.

4) only question asked apart from those written on the application: how long ago you met him.

5) she speaks little english. a friend played translator. this role is a must since i am not allowed to talk with her at all. not even tell her to sign the document.

Officer is very nice and did not give us hard time. Nothing like those in the movie. but i am super panic. do not watch those movie like "green card". they are not real. no personal questions except (4). very professional.

Thanks again and good luck to you all.

class082004,

Congratulations. Can you please let me know when in April 03 did you apply? Are there any other types of questions did the officer ask?

Dal123

dal123: i think the PD is 4/22. it takes 11 months to finish whole process. as to questions, others are routine such as name, DOB, address. She just read from application. no worry about that.

Dallas Timeline

Received my interview date yesterday...Here's my Dallas office timeline based on marriage to US citizen.. I am currently on H1-B...

RD: 07/10/03 Filed I-130, 485, Medical, Adv Par, EAD
Adv Par: 09/08/03
EAD: 09/30/03
Fing. Prt: 02/27/04
Interview: 04/22/04

Also, my mom is being sponsored by my elder sister(US ctz)
RD: 05/20/03
Fing. Prt: 02/26/04
Interview: 04/16/04

Hope it goes well. I read on this forum that some one got their passport stamped right after the interview, does that mean that their background check has already been done?

Otherwise how can the officer stamp the approval in the passport??

congratulations Amaq. good luck for the interview. please do keep us posted after the interview.

Once the passport is stamped you are a green card holder. All checks have been done. This is what i have heard and also this is what happened for when I got my passport stamped.

Dal123

amaq

Please keep us posted after the interview. please let us know how your mothers and your interview went.

Anyone else got interview in Dallas. Please post timelines so that all of us can benefit.

thanks in advance

Dal123

dallas local office rules

Did anyone submit I-485, I-130 to dallas local office in PERSON? Or did all of you submit by POST. I am applying for AOS based on marriage to US citizen.