Dallas Regional DOL Tracker

limited review

yes it is done at the dol level for RIR cases. I asked my HR to call the dol in dallas and ask for more details on this limited review thing. but they wouldn't tell anything. Right now it is a mystery.

I just called DALLAS DOL. And the lady picked up the phone told me they have already stopped the processing cases. She told me they heard the BPC everyday, and Quote: "As long as we are here, we don't know anything about the future cases' info"(they have stopped the automatic answere system). It seems to me that they are already approaching the stage transferring the caeses to the new contractor????

Anybody thoughts?

Thanks,

This new contractor company, Interject is only taking the TWC cases not the DOL cases.
If DOL has stopped processing cases, then who is processing it? :confused:
The only hope left is on backlog centers.

What about the backlog center? Are they operational yet? I wish they start the center soon otherwise we have to wait another 5 years for labour certification.

I spoke to the lady at the regional DOL today and asked her what was going on with the all dates just stuck at Jan 2003. She gave me the same old story of how there was only one person handling all the cases. And that they have completely stopped processsing all the cases. They are in the process of hiring and training staff for the backlog centers. And she said she couldn't tell me how long this process was going to take and warned me that the whole hiring and training process would be really slow.

My case has been languishing at the Dallas DOL since May 2003. God help us all.

Where is Back log Processing center

Hi,

Anyone could tell me where is the Back Log Processing Center located? And what the latest time will it start to work?

Thanks,

update

Source:

http://www.hooyou.com/news/news092004LC.htm

Watch for Information Updates from Backlog Reduction Centers

DOL is preparing for the Backlog Reduction, which will transfer all the pending cases of Laber Certification Application to two Backlog Reduction offices, Philadelphia and Dallas. Currently, the DOL starting with the Philadelphia and Dallas regional offices. All the pending cases in these two regional offices is being transferred the Backlog Reduction Centers in those cities. The two centers are also sending out letters to the employers and representatives to advise them the applications have been transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers, and asking for information updates.

From the information request letters, the employers are given 45 days to respond the letters. Cases will be closed if the employer failed to respond the letter from Backlog Reduction Centers completely or timely.

(09/20/2004)

My lawyer confirmed that the above mentioned news is very true. Let's all hope that these backlog centers start working real quick.

Some update

Guys ,
I received my labor cert approval form TX DOL last week
my DOL recvd date was 31st August 2002.
So if you guys are anywhere near that and hoping to hear something +ve you might also get approved.
My guess is maybe the so called backlog center is moving ahead ...and is processing federal labor apps also.
Thanks

Congrats!

Hi Augustus,
Congratulations!!!!!
Hope your next stages get approved soon too.
Also can you pls tell what kind of labor was it?
1. RIR/Non-RIR
2. IT/Non IT
3. When and which State Agency did u file from?
Thanks once again for bringing good news in this forum :)

DOL Backlog Elimination – September 2004 Update

FYI… It’s official now!

DOL Backlog Elimination – September 2004 Update
©MurthyDotCom

The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) reported on September 17, 2004 that the labor certifications (LCs) pending at the Dallas and Philadelphia regional Department of Labor (DOL) offices are currently being transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers in those cities. This is to be distinguished from the Labor Condition Application (LCA), which is only required for H1Bs or temporary work status. The LC is filed when an employer processes permanent residence or the green card for an employee or prospective employee.

Is Backlog Reduction a Reality?
In fact, not only is backlog reduction a reality, but DOL has changed the terminology it is using. Backlog Reduction Centers are now being called Backlog Elimination Centers. The new Directors for these Centers are Steve Stefanko in Philadelphia, PA and John Bartlett in Dallas, TX.

How Does Backlog Elimination Work?
As pending LC cases are transferred, the DOL will send letters to employers / sponsors and their attorneys to give notice that the cases have been transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers and to request any additional information, including if the employer / sponsor wishes to continue with the LC processing for the employee/s. The employer must send a complete response to each letter within 45 days or the case/s will be closed.

Make the Response Timely and Complete
AILA is working with the DOL to get a reasonable application of this rule so that the DOL, in its desire to eliminate its backlog, does not reject hundreds or thousands of cases due to employers' failures to make timely and full responses, addressing all the issues. It is important for employers to work with knowledgeable and qualified immigration attorneys to respond effectively so that the case/s will be considered viable.

Rdoda,
My app was applied with the TX state labor in May 02 forwarded to Federal labor in 31st aug 02, it is an IT-RIR app

-augustus.

Letter from BRC

Hi,
Just joined this forum.
RIR EB2 DOL RD 09/2003
Was wondering if anyone has recieved the much talked about "letter" from the BRC at Dallas.
Thanks,
RN

Letter from BRC

The philadelphia backlog center has started to work and many applicants have received letters.
1. What about the Dallas center? When will it start operation and send letters ?

2. The current processing DOL date is Jan 2003. Will they send letters for application received in Feb-March 03 or for everybody ?

Dallas time reduction?

Hi,
My labor was sent to DOL Aug 2004...just last month. How will the backlog reduction help my case....or rather a better qn would be, anyone know how soon for them to clear the backlog up...?

Also, what is PERM and how does it affect the applications already sent to DOL?

Appreciate any input...

Thanks,

Recommended/non-recommended Rir

Hi,

Does anybody help me to fully understand what the severe difference b.t. Recommended and Non-Recommended in RIR category in DALLAS DOL please? Who categoried them as Recommended /or Non-Recommended(by SESA or by DALLAS DOL)?
In case I'm in Non-Recommended category, does it mean I'm in dead water /or hopeless? Does anybody got certified with this Non-Recommended category?

Thanks,

Regular case from Louisiana

filed 3/01
recruited 1/04
extension to recruitment 3/04

Didn't hear from them for a while.

Employer received certified 750 form this week !!

hadron said:
Regular case from Louisiana

filed 3/01
recruited 1/04
extension to recruitment 3/04

Didn't hear from them for a while.

Employer received certified 750 form this week !!

Hadron,
Congratulations !
two questions:
what do you mean by recruited ?
you are implying that the state is processing cases ahead of the posted dates in the case of regular labor certification ?
Thanks,
RN

recruited as in: put ad in paper, received a couple of useless resumes from SWA, etc.
We were also suprised to hear from them in january. We were even more suprised when it didn't languish in the regional DOLl for years. but got approved in probably about 6months.

I might add that it is a health related job, not IT.

(the times SWA's will give you are very arbitrary. We also got a LC for a different job in North Dakota. Processing at the SWA took all but 1 day there !)