Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Got my LC

Hi every one,

I got a call from my attorney that my labor was certified . Thank you for every one on this form for the information provided.

Can any one on this form direct me to the precise I140 thread

My details

EB3/MI/RIR
PD : 04/08/2003
RD : Jun 2004
45 day letter 23’rd March 2005
LC hard copy 09/22/2005

Thanks

another hit

Like the retro in visa cut off was not enough, now mother nature is against us too. Texas is facing one of the biggest threat from hurricane RITA. this gives more reasons to those lame suckers in Dallas BEC to slow down the process.
we cant catch a break. this totally sucks.
:(

sfmars said:
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Include your company name and your name.

Text: please provide me a proof for H1B 7th year extension

Send e-mail from your work e-mail address

You do not need anything else to get it.

sfmars

By requesting for proof of H1B 7 th year extension, I am concerned whether DOL/Dallas BEC will notify the employer, that the individual is requesting for 7 th year extension though I am actually not due for 7 th year right now. I don't want my employer to be notified about this. Can you please clarify?

Thanks

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3
Never made it to Regional

Thiru2000,

There is a separate thread where all your H1B 7th year extension questions can be answered. Please browse through the forum and you will find it just the way you found this thread. Please maintain this thread for BEC related queries so that thousands of users don't have to browse it to find relevant information.

Sorry for being so blunt but I am sure there are many who agree with me on this.

thiru2000 said:
sfmars

By requesting for proof of H1B 7 th year extension, I am concerned whether DOL/Dallas BEC will notify the employer, that the individual is requesting for 7 th year extension though I am actually not due for 7 th year right now. I don't want my employer to be notified about this. Can you please clarify?

Thanks

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3

thiru2000 said:
sfmars

Thanks

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3

Thiru(dan) :D

They will not notify anybody. They don't have time to do that. If they have time then they will spend atleast a few hours a day on processing cases. Most of the time they just sit and scratch each others ass. Thats why they are so slow.

Anyway, i have requested for extension proof six times in that last two months. I got response for all.

no-luck said:
Hi every one,

I got a call from my attorney that my labor was certified . Thank you for every one on this form for the information provided.

Thanks

Now change your user name to "Extremely_Lucky"

did he actually get the hard copy, or he has received the screenshot?

no-luck said:
Hi every one,

My details

EB3/MI/RIR
PD : 04/08/2003
RD : Jun 2004
45 day letter 23’rd March 2005
LC hard copy 09/22/2005

Thanks

late_twenties said:
Like the retro in visa cut off was not enough, now mother nature is against us too. Texas is facing one of the biggest threat from hurricane RITA. this gives more reasons to those lame suckers in Dallas BEC to slow down the process.
we cant catch a break. this totally sucks.
:(

Hi late_twenties,

Do not worry about RITA. Dallas is more than 300 miles away from the coast, it should not ruin our cases. They do not evacuate DBEC as I know.

By the way you case status says RIR, Did you get this information from DBEC screenshot ? Did you case went to Region before to go to DBEC.

If you got a screenshot what field Case Source does say ?

Pending

My PD is Aug 2002 , CAL - SFO
Received 45 day letter in Jan- replied in Feb
Status Now shows 'RIR' from screenshot.

Is there any one out here still waiting like me...with PD 2002
Can we do anything about his..may be a phone number, e-mail of Dallas center..to ask why they are pending..please advice

sfmars said:
I think DBEC does not have strategy for State cases yet, I can guess that based on their strategy for Regional cases, they will take care RIR cases first.
Much less work force will be dedicateted for TR cases.
Cases filed based on the life act will be taken care on the last turn (150,000) if to assume that Dallas has half of them ~ 75,000

If DBEC will continue to work with the same speed and nothing is changed they clear backlog for 10 years. Their speed in July was 1000 cases for 3 weeks. Let's assume that half of 350,000 cases are in Dallas = 175,000, so they need 525 weeks , 1 year = 52 weeks => They need 10 years.
If you subtract 75,000 (life act) from 175,000 = 100,000 cases they need 300 weeks, so it is around 6 years.

I think that BEC has cases filed in 2004 and 2005 more than for any other year (if not to count life act) let's assume 25-30% of BEC cases were filed in 2004-2005 .... you will get the number 4 years.

I would expect some movement in 3-4 years for your case.

Of course it is only my analysis and everything can be changed

This is a rainy day scenario....cant blame what with katrina and now rita...
I dont see much difference between RIR regional cases and RIR SWA cases....
there wasn't much SWAs had to do earlier....just check all papers in order...prevailing wages and boom...off to regional....

The reason DBEC slowed down might be because of this rush to get every case into the system...they plan to do *full* data entry by march 2006...
so 45-day letters will be issued and relied to by june 2006...after that cases will be FIFO. Things should pick up after that....

I am further thinking they'll eventually allow converting TR cases to RIR. Like they did long ago before BECs....

After all they are approving PERM cases in days!!!!

Address Update

Could any of you please let me know if there is a specific email address/phone number for the Dallas BEC to request address updates. My attorney, employer and myself have changed addresses in the last year and a half and are at a point where mail forwarding is no longer provided...

Thanking you in advance.

caliborne said:

Can we do anything about his..may be a phone number, e-mail of Dallas center..to ask why they are pending..please advice

I am also waiting.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Congrats son!
Hope more happiness lies ahead for you!! ;) At least you can go ahead and file for I-140 for now.

I am sending a request for my screenshot and lets see what happens!!

Hi,

did u get the screenshot? if yes, from where (DBEC or PBEC)?

thanks,

calabor said:
This is a rainy day scenario....cant blame what with katrina and now rita...
I dont see much difference between RIR regional cases and RIR SWA cases....
there wasn't much SWAs had to do earlier....just check all papers in order...prevailing wages and boom...off to regional....

The reason DBEC slowed down might be because of this rush to get every case into the system...they plan to do *full* data entry by march 2006...
so 45-day letters will be issued and relied to by june 2006...after that cases will be FIFO. Things should pick up after that....

I am further thinking they'll eventually allow converting TR cases to RIR. Like they did long ago before BECs....

After all they are approving PERM cases in days!!!!

You are correct there is no big difference for SWA and Regional cases. People whose cases went to region before DBEC should be in luck. I think that DBEC gives advantage to regional cases because they have not so many of them and they are organized better. You could have file cases filed in Kansas or Nebraska and in 2 weeks your case is moved to region. The same time your case could be in Indiana/Michigan/Washington and you could stick on SWA level for years, kind of unfair. Anyway the Ratio of Regional and SWA cases is ~ 1/6.

I think you are also correct regarding 45 day letters. By June 2006 DBEC will clear all regional cases and start working on SWA cases based on the FIFO that's why SWA people will not see any approvals till June 2006.

sfmars,
Is this your assumption or BEC actually mentioned it anytime?
If that is the case, regional cases are not in bad shape after all!

sfmars said:
By June 2006 DBEC will clear all regional cases and start working on SWA cases based on the FIFO that's why SWA people will not see any approvals till June 2006.

Address Update

Case Closed said:
Could any of you please let me know if there is a specific email address/phone number for the Dallas BEC to request address updates. My attorney, employer and myself have changed addresses in the last year and a half and are at a point where mail forwarding is no longer provided...

Thanking you in advance.

Take a look at this posting:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1246543&postcount=171

Last edited by a moderator:
caliborne said:

Hi Caloborne,

My PD is June 2002 CA EB2 RIR. My status also still says RIR. 45 days letter replied in Jan 05.

We don't have a luck in atleast getting LC.

Thanks
CAPD02

Last edited by a moderator:
Assumptions vs Official promisses

s_chicago said:
sfmars,
Is this your assumption or BEC actually mentioned it anytime?
If that is the case, regional cases are not in bad shape after all!

s_chicago,

Of course it is assumtion based on indirect knowledge of their speed and current PD of the regional cases getting approval certifications.

As for BECs they do not say anything. They have only one direct strategy to keep people unaware and blind regarding their status, speed and startegy. The only pseudo-official information you can get - through the H1B 7th year screenshot.

What BEC is saying is completely does not come true.

They originaly said (sometime in March) that all cases will be registered in there database by the end of summer and people will get 45 day letter.
I think that even 20% of people do not have their letters on the current moment (only regional cases).

Then sometime in summer they said that by the end of September they will finish entering cases little bit later by the end year, later they said by the end of March 2006.

And before they started to do anything with cases they said:

" We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program's backlog of cases."

(I wonder how they are going complete this goal if after 10 months they have cleared only 10,000 cases out of 175,000)

Only very very naive person continue believe BEC's promises after that.

I got the screenshot

I sent an e-mail to Dallas to ask for the screenshot.. no answer in one week
I sent an e-mail yesterday to Philly.. I got this today:

ETA Case Number: D-05105-xxxxx
Priority Date: 05/03/2004
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
Visa Type: H-1B
Case Received Date: 04/15/2005
Processing Center: Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status: RIR :confused: :rolleyes: I guess I have to wait I dont know how much!!!

I got the 45 letter in May 2005 and Replied it immediatly