Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

activex111 said:
:mad:
Received this information from my lawyer's office. As per him the cut off date for EB3 is going to be JAN 1, 2001. HOLY SMOLY..!! THATS SUCKS...

===========
[/list]Third-preference immigrant visa retrogression. According to the State Department’s September 2005 visa bulletin, the agency will set cut-off dates for third preference (EB-3) professional and skilled workers from India, China, the Philippines and possibly Mexico as of October 1, 2005. The agency is expected to announce that foreign nationals from these countries with priority dates falling after January 1, 2001 will be unable to apply for an immigrant visa or submit an application to adjust status to permanent residence until their priority date once again becomes current. Due to exceptionally heavy demand, worldwide cut-offs in the EB-3 professional/skilled worker category could occur by December 2005, though earlier worldwide cut-offs are possible. In addition, FRAGOMEN has learned through discussions with State Department officials that the “other workers” subcategory of the third employment-based preference could experience retrogression as well, with cut-offs affecting those with priority dates in 1999 and beyond.
[/list]

• Retrogression in other employment-based preference categories. In addition to anticipated cut-offs in the EB-3 category, the State Department is projecting the possibility of visa retrogression in the employment-based first and/or second preferences for foreign nationals born in India and China. These retrogressions may occur as early as October 1, 2005, but are expected to occur no later than December 2005.
    Other employment-based categories are expected to be current for the first six months of FY 2006, but it remains to be seen whether these categories will remain current after that time.
[/QUOTE

Do you have any knowledge where did s/he get this information?
A lot of people are waiting for their PD to become current.

EB3 RIR CA.
PD: Sept. 2002
LC certified: June 16, 2005
I-140 RD: July 15, 2005
I-485:? due to retrogression

I received an email from them . This is a very big immigration firm. Maybe you can find it on their site www.fragomen.com

zurcaled said:
activex111 said:
Received this information from my lawyer's office. As per him the cut off date for EB3 is going to be JAN 1, 2001. HOLY SMOLY..!! THATS SUCKS...

===========
[/list]Third-preference immigrant visa retrogression. According to the State Department’s September 2005 visa bulletin, the agency will set cut-off dates for third preference (EB-3) professional and skilled workers from India, China, the Philippines and possibly Mexico as of October 1, 2005. The agency is expected to announce that foreign nationals from these countries with priority dates falling after January 1, 2001 will be unable to apply for an immigrant visa or submit an application to adjust status to permanent residence until their priority date once again becomes current. Due to exceptionally heavy demand, worldwide cut-offs in the EB-3 professional/skilled worker category could occur by December 2005, though earlier worldwide cut-offs are possible. In addition, FRAGOMEN has learned through discussions with State Department officials that the “other workers” subcategory of the third employment-based preference could experience retrogression as well, with cut-offs affecting those with priority dates in 1999 and beyond.
[/list]

• Retrogression in other employment-based preference categories. In addition to anticipated cut-offs in the EB-3 category, the State Department is projecting the possibility of visa retrogression in the employment-based first and/or second preferences for foreign nationals born in India and China. These retrogressions may occur as early as October 1, 2005, but are expected to occur no later than December 2005.
    Other employment-based categories are expected to be current for the first six months of FY 2006, but it remains to be seen whether these categories will remain current after that time.
[/QUOTE

Do you have any knowledge where did s/he get this information?
A lot of people are waiting for their PD to become current.

EB3 RIR CA.
PD: Sept. 2002
LC certified: June 16, 2005
I-140 RD: July 15, 2005
I-485:? due to retrogression

It was in Regional DOL Chicago

sfmars,
My Application was in Regional DOL Chicago and received a NOF and replied in October 2004. I have the impression that as per DOL there is no application in DOL Chicago after 4/22/05 everything was shipped to BEC. That is what DOL site says.

There are some DOL center which will continue processing cases until 2006 but I don't think that chicago is one of those centers. So plese give me more details about the cases from your employer which you mentioned.

Thanks

sfmars said:
1. Your A and B applications may be not in the BEC. If you have old PD they could stay in the Regional DOL and were not shipped to BEC. They can simply do not have them, so there is nothing to send to you.

We had several such people who desperately expected 45 letters from BEC and then finally got approvals from Regional DOLs.

What State did you file A and B applications from ?

2. BEC could realize that you can not work for several employers and gave you the last one because they may have thought that only your last employer needs proof of pending application to H1 ext for 7th year.

Source:
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/c8...1f79110272451e328525706900635f2a?OpenDocument

India - Work Visa Renewal Applications Must Be Filed in a Timely Fashion

08/26/2005

Due to internal administrative changes in India's Ministry of Home Affairs-Foreigners Division (MHA-FD), work visa renewal applications are taking a minimum of 15-20 days to process. Therefore, Fragomen is strongly advising that all work visa holders work with their Indian immigration service providers to file a work visa renewal application at least 30 days prior to a work visa's expiration date in order to avoid both gaps in status and the possible inability to conduct international business from India.

It only takes a couple weeks to renew a work visa in India. Americans need to LEARN.

My $.02

I agree with Jnpr here.

It definitely looks like a nightmarish news in the first go. But we really need some nightmarish scenarios to happen for bills to go through Congress.
Otherwise if the cut-off date is stuck somewhere in early 2002 and moves 1 month in 3 months - it would be almost equally bad, but wont generate much heat - because it may not look that bad on the face. So it might turn out to be good ultimately.

Anyway - the whole immigration system/process sucks big time.

activex111 said:

===========
[/list]

learning thins.... to justdoit...

whether America should learn from India OR India should learn from America is not the scope of this thread....

As long people learn that getting visa, GC, etc is not a right with in any time frame.... it is jsut a PREVILAGE...

Thanks for understanding....

Maveric

justdoit said:
Source:
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/c8...1f79110272451e328525706900635f2a?OpenDocument

India - Work Visa Renewal Applications Must Be Filed in a Timely Fashion

08/26/2005

Due to internal administrative changes in India's Ministry of Home Affairs-Foreigners Division (MHA-FD), work visa renewal applications are taking a minimum of 15-20 days to process. Therefore, Fragomen is strongly advising that all work visa holders work with their Indian immigration service providers to file a work visa renewal application at least 30 days prior to a work visa's expiration date in order to avoid both gaps in status and the possible inability to conduct international business from India.

It only takes a couple weeks to renew a work visa in India. Americans need to LEARN.

hmmm. As I can see if people can't file for I485, they are not able to change companies. The companies will be good with this as far there is no limit with h1 extensions. So, I would not be so optimistic about congress bill. They probably will change the h1b extension's limit for already filed I140. And everybody, except "foreign alien", will be happy.

WhyThisDelay said:
I agree with Jnpr here.

It definitely looks like a nightmarish news in the first go. But we really need some nightmarish scenarios to happen for bills to go through Congress.
Otherwise if the cut-off date is stuck somewhere in early 2002 and moves 1 month in 3 months - it would be almost equally bad, but wont generate much heat - because it may not look that bad on the face. So it might turn out to be good ultimately.

Screen Shot

friends,

I had sent a mail with subject:Case Status to h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us i.,e Dallas BEC as my Labor was applied from Chicago, Below are the details i sent

Alien Name: XXX
Company Name: XXX
Priority Date(PD): XXX
State where filed : ILLIONIS
File Number: V-IL-XXXXXX

Does any know tell me how many days will it take to get the screen shot, Infact its been 5 days since i mailed ,Also is the above subject and the mail content are correct to get the screen shot,

thanks
DP

I know about this company Fragomen. It's the biggest immigration Law firm in the USA. And, any info coming from them will be 100% true.
I concur with jnpr and whythisdelay. Let's hope and pray that, this news may well prove to the Blessing in Disguise for us beleaguered lot who have forever been waiting for the LC to be approved.

WhyThisDelay said:
I agree with Jnpr here.

Yes, I wish we have one single application form called "Green Card Form", or "Permanent Visa Form", then everybody wait for it to be approved. And it will save trouble for the application to State Capitol->Federal->BEC->CIS->Local Interview->Motion to reopen to USCIS->Appeal to WashingtonDC->Local...

We just have 100 stop signs and wait there but we are all looking for one outcome. Some people are very close to the start point after 3 years, and some people are going to wait 3 more years at a stop sign very close to the end point.

The only difference is the person who's close to the end point has more peace of mind than the person who's anxiously waiting at the start point.

I have some friends who are stuck at name check for 2-3 years, and they don't know how long they are going to wait. Senator/Congressman is not helpful in this case because nobody wants to deal with fbi. They are on a stop sign so close to the end point.

I've already given up the hope for GC since a year ago when I learned BEC and Retrogression, my goal was changed from GC to AC21. However, AC21 looks so far away to me now...

Tax Returns for I-485

I got W2 from my current Employer for 2004. He is the one who has sponser my Green Card I wil be getting W2 for 2005 as well as 2006. But I don't have a W2 from my Previous Employer instead I have 1099 Misc will that be a problem for me when I will file I-485 sometime next year?I will get W2 for 2006 in January 2007.

2003 – W2 No 1099 Misc says self employment Previous Employer
2004 – W2 Yes Current Employer
2005 – W2 Yes Current Employer
2006 – W2 Yes File for I 485 in Year 2006? Current Employer

Thanks

Hi All,
Any idea how the TR cases will be certified by the Dallas backlog center??Do we have to readvertise again...my case was filed as RIR (Jan 2002) received 3-options letter from DOL SFO ,replied in OCT 2004.Now it is in Dallas backlog center with TR ,status incomplete and T-XXXX-XXX as per screenshot received from Philly.
Any body in the same boat.gp111 any input is highly appreciated.
Lost all hopes on getting the labor certified... :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Thanks everybody.

~dask_1

Case status: CLOSED

Hi
Earlier they closed lot of cases due to some issues/mistake. Have any one received any updates on these cases? :mad:

Thx :mad:

jnpr said:
Yes, I wish we have one single application form called "Green Card Form", or "Permanent Visa Form", then everybody wait for it to be approved. And it will save trouble for the application to State Capitol->Federal->BEC->CIS->Local Interview->Motion to reopen to USCIS->Appeal to WashingtonDC .........
I've already given up the hope for GC since a year ago when I learned BEC and Retrogression, my goal was changed from GC to AC21. However, AC21 looks so far away to me now...

What is AC21 ?

How bad could be EB2 retrogression ??

EB2 is expected to retrogress sometime b/w Oct-Dec 2005 for India/China.

But how back could it go, once it occurs ??

Also how many months would the date move every month (in visa bulletin) for this category??

Does anyone have a clue on the above questions from some semi-reliable sources (such as lawyer/ DOL/BEC insiders)??

chicchu said:
What is AC21 ?
AC21 refers to some bill that you can use to change employer. I just turned down a job offer since my labor was just cleared, and I anticipate to stay with my current employer/GC sponsor for many many years.

For LC-2004:

As far as I know, a foreign worker can NOT have 1099. My first employer didn't know that and gave me a 1099 for signup bonus. He had to correct that later when I filed for my tax retun. For your case, it may not cause problems if USCIS doesn't ask for 3 year tax return, or you can only file I485 after 2006. Just my 2 cents.

I have stopped eating non-veg ... I don't even eat eggs (only on Tuesdays). I stopped shaving my beard on Tuesdays too, only in the hope that God will listen to my plight and I'll get me LC soon.