Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

LC Approved

Hi,

My lawyer called me just now and said that my LC got approved. Well I was in a shock for sec coz there is no way that my LC can be approved ( look at my signature for my case details ) I am still waiting for my 45 DL. Then she said that they got my LC approval from SFO DOL. Now why did I get from them, I dont know but am I complaining, hell not.

I lost hopes with this case so was preparing to convert the case to PERM but guess its no longer required. Finally lady luck smiled on me. I hope and sincerely wish all of you get approval soon, its a big relief, the thought of mobility makes you happy.

Gook luck. I will be checking the forums for the next two days to answer if anyone have questions.

One more info, I am from india and ppl who are born after 1970 should have a birth certificate, I dont have so I have to get one. If you fall in this category then be prepared.

Humble question to Icarus...

Icarus,

There are lots of people whose screen shot says as certified..but have not received the hard copy yet. Could you throw some inputs on the mail room status..your answer will benefit many people. Thanks.

volleyball said:
Hi,

My lawyer called me just now and said that my LC got approved. Well I was in a shock for sec coz there is no way that my LC can be approved ( look at my signature for my case details ) I am still waiting for my 45 DL. Then she said that they got my LC approval from SFO DOL. Now why did I get from them, I dont know but am I complaining, hell not.

I lost hopes with this case so was preparing to convert the case to PERM but guess its no longer required. Finally lady luck smiled on me. I hope and sincerely wish all of you get approval soon, its a big relief, the thought of mobility makes you happy.

Gook luck. I will be checking the forums for the next two days to answer if anyone have questions.

One more info, I am from india and ppl who are born after 1970 should have a birth certificate, I dont have so I have to get one. If you fall in this category then be prepared.

Congrats, Good luck in ur next stages .... Hurry up before EB2 gets into trouble

I have one question to you, do you know what happens if there is no name on the birth certificate. ie i have the date, place, mother and father name but no name since nothing was specified in the hospital i have got the affidavits from my parents will this suffice or should i do anything else ?

Labor approved

Hi All,
My lawyer recieved hard copy of my labor approval last week. Attached are my details.

PD (MI): Dec 4th, 2002
RD (Chicago): Jan 21, 2003
45 Day letter: March 28th 2005.
EB3, RIR
Recieved hard copy: Aug 17th 2005.

One quick question, can we file multiple 485's one from EB2 one from EB3 from 2 different companies.? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your support.
- Lakhan.

I am planning on applying before the end of this month of the first week of sep, since my pd is 2002 I should be fine, I think but I will not take chances.

Regarding the birth certificate, I guess you have to have the name in it, it could be your brothers or sisters too. This is my guess and so better get one.

I just called my attorney too and he says not to be worried about it :confused:
He said that in case the application is RFE'd they can adjust the rate of pay at that time but when I asked him whether being RFE'd will delay the case further given the pace at which the BEC's are working, he has no answer.
Any one here got an RFE from the BEC and then evantually got approved pls advise!!
Keeping my fingers crossed
GCOnly said:
Guys,
I contacted my immigration law firm to get a clarification on the "Rate of Pay VS Prevailing Wage" issue, and got reprimanded instead. Here's my attorney's response:

As you know, the Labor Certification
application is your company's application on your behalf. Please be advised
that any wage issues or other company issues in the case would be something
our firm addresses directly with your employer. We do not discuss wage or other
company issues that may arise from employer's immigration related
applications and petitions with the sponsored employees.

As a reminder, and request, please do not contact the DOL regarding the
company's case on your behalf. Such contact can sometimes result in delaying
the adjudication of an application. The email address to which you sent a
request is for employers (and their legal counsel), only, and is only to be
used in the event the company needs proof of the pending status of the
Labor Cert for purposes of extending an employee's H-1B status past the six
year maximum.

Labor Approved Today

I got an email from my employer that my labor got approved :)

Yeah I know it is a big pain waiting 2 years 10 months.

This forumn is helping everyone , and shared good informaiton
Here are my details

PD : Nov 22- 2002
Moved to Federal May 2003
rec 45 days letter : Apr 8 2005
Replied on Apr 10 2005
Case : RIR, EB2, TX
Backlog center - Dallas

Let me know if you need any details.

Once again thanks to you all .

Congratulations!!

Congrats TXLCRIR!! and good luck in the next satges..
Was wondering if you would mind telling us the date your LC got certified on the hard copy. Will help us approximate the mailing speed.
Thanks,
RIR

TXLCRIR said:
I got an email from my employer that my labor got approved :)

Yeah I know it is a big pain waiting 2 years 10 months.

This forumn is helping everyone , and shared good informaiton
Here are my details

PD : Nov 22- 2002
Moved to Federal May 2003
rec 45 days letter : Apr 8 2005
Replied on Apr 10 2005
Case : RIR, EB2, TX
Backlog center - Dallas

Let me know if you need any details.

Once again thanks to you all .

Icarus,

If the process of data entry in the abbreviation form completed for the rest of the cases or not ?

I would like to know when people will start getting 45 day letters again, is it going to happen this year or next year ?

lakhan said:
Hi All,
My lawyer recieved hard copy of my labor approval last week. Attached are my details.

PD (MI): Dec 4th, 2002
RD (Chicago): Jan 21, 2003
45 Day letter: March 28th 2005.
EB3, RIR
Recieved hard copy: Aug 17th 2005.

One quick question, can we file multiple 485's one from EB2 one from EB3 from 2 different companies.? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your support.
- Lakhan.

You can(should) file 485 from 1 employer only. [I dont know a specific reason for this. But I have read this somewhere]

justdoit said:
You can(should) file 485 from 1 employer only. [I dont know a specific reason for this. But I have read this somewhere]

You can file with multiple employers, if either one gets picked on, other gets denied. People do that for the backup purpose as well.

45-letter will not be sending out?

My lawyer told me that EBC will not send out 45-letter. Is it true?

My LC files in MI in Oct. 2003. Never made to Chicago, no 45-letter either. Is it normal?

lcwatcher said:
My lawyer told me that EBC will not send out 45-letter. Is it true?

My LC files in MI in Oct. 2003. Never made to Chicago, no 45-letter either. Is it normal?

lcwatcher,

Did you try to get a screenshot for 7th year H1 extension from DBEC ?

My LC also was filed from MI with PD Nov 2003, although case source says Region as if it came from Chicago to DBEC.

Am I the only one left in this thread with PD 2002??

Hi Guys,

Seems I'm the only person left in this thread yet to receive LC with PD of Nov 2002.
PD : Nov 2002 (RIR, CA)
RD : Nov 2003
received 45 day letter
still waiting for LC..

Any idea how long it can take?

thx

May I get screenshot if I am not in 7-year extension?

Thanks, sfmars,

I would like to get a screenshot, but I am not in 7-year extension. Will there be any consequence if I send them email?

Thanks,

lcwatcher said:
Thanks, sfmars,

I would like to get a screenshot, but I am not in 7-year extension. Will there be any consequence if I send them email?

Thanks,

I do not think so, the consequences can be only if you send multiple requests kind of like monitoring changes of your status.

Since BEC did not provide you even with case number you have right at least to know that your case was not lost and entered there database.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
Please let me know how I can get the status of my LC. My PD is Dec 2002. I don;t have any case number. Anyone suggest me what this screenchot is. I appreciate your help.

We have started seeing approvals (RIR cases) for PD Jan/Feb 2003. Although many RIR cases with PD's 2002/2001 are still pending (partial data entry , no 45 days letter etc.). It is expected that the data entry will be completed in next 2-3 months... 45 day letters sent ... and their replies will start flowing in. So, in the meantime we will continue to see some approvals coming in for PD's Feb/Mar/April 2003. I think sometime in next 2-3 months we might see the approval queue going back to cases with PD's of 2001/2002 (as those are the really old cases), because then only the FIFO based on PD will be established in true sense.

Having said that, it seems cases with PD's later than June/July 2003 will have to wait for a very very long time.

Is my understanding/ projections correct. Am I missing something. Any comments.

DOL Retracts Earlier Position on Multiple Filings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_blues
I have a couple of questions guys. (Can you please direct me to the right thread if this is not where I should post such questions).

My last employer got my LC approved in Dec 2001(EB2 - PD approx dec 2000). I had to change job in Sept 2002. I did not apply for I140 or 485 becoz of some constraints (stupid as they were).

My current employer applied for LC and my new PD is Feb 2003.

My question is, once I get my current LC approved can I use the last PD - dec 2000 as mentioned above?

Also, my category is EB3 now, At my new employer I got a promotion and I have 8 years of experience + MS from a US university. Can my employer file my I140 and 485 in the Eb2 category? What will my employer need now to fill my application in Eb2 category?

Thanks

LC_blues

jnpr said:
One of the shocking news recently is that one-employer-one-employee-one labor policy. The answer is no you can't file another different EB2 labor through the same company. Also, you can't carry your previous PD. You can only carry previous PD if your previous 140 was approved.
But I'm not 100% sure and you should ask your lawyer.

In an update released by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) on Wednesday, August 24, 2005, DOL confirmed that it will reconsider its earlier position to not allow an employer to have more than one labor certification application in process for a particular foreign national at any given time. Accordingly, this earlier position and responses to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the DOL website pertaining to this issue have been revised and indicate that they will post new information in the near future. The update is on the DOL website in PDF format.
©MurthyDotCom
This is not necessarily a guarantee that the DOL will allow multiple filings by an employer for the same employee. There is, however, at least a recognition on the part of the DOL that further consideration of the legal and constitutional issues involved in such an important decision is warranted. This is particularly important if there is a change in the job duties or position that would require a second filing by the employer for that same employee.