Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

komalk said:
I was just curious that:

If the cases get certified Feb 2005 then when should we expect the hard copy? If anybody has the estimated time frame, please share it with us.

Thanks,
Komal

Still hoping somebody might know the answer to this.

Thanks again,
Komal

2 - 4 Months

komalk said:
Still hoping somebody might know the answer to this.

Thanks again,
Komal

Well Komal as per one of the previous posts, the time from one getting certified and receiving final copy is anywhere from 2 - 4 months

gc_us_k said:
Does anybody know what is the case status "Data Review" means.

Check out below URL for the details

Will the cases in "Data Review" be picked up for analysis when the analyst queue come to the PD. Anybody's case has been approved after the status showing data review..

No idea on this

My details:
My PD is in early Apr 03, my attonery replied to 45 day letter in Dec 2004, but
my H1B screenshot shows that case status is "data review".

I am really worried that whether my case will be picked up for review or not when the queue comes to Apr 2003. Is there anything my attorney can do to make the staus change to RIR

My case is 01/03 and if you check the details it is in final review. Hopefully mine should be in certified state now

Thanks in advance.
Check this for some additional information on Statuses:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1224426&postcount=4434

gc_us_k said:
(I am in the same situation..!)

Hi Icarus/gurus, I greately appreciate for your time and for providing extremely valuable information in the DBEC forum.

Does anybody know what is the case status "Data Review" means.

Will the cases in "Data Review" be picked up for analysis when the analyst queue come to the PD. Anybody's case has been approved after the status showing data review..

My details:
My PD is in early Apr 03, my attonery replied to 45 day letter in Dec 2004, but
my H1B screenshot shows that case status is "data review".

I am really worried that whether my case will be picked up for review or not when the queue comes to Apr 2003. Is there anything my attorney can do to make the staus change to RIR

Thanks in advance.
did you talk to your attorney, what is he/she is saying?

per my attorney it will be processed eventually which i don't think so.

Well

This is what my actual question is

I need EAD so that my wife can work
I dont mind if I get the GC later (or much much later)
and this is my first year of h1 !!

So it boiles down to this

Will my RIR EB3 get me EAD sooner?
or Perm EB2?

WhyThisDelay said:
Hold off a little bit.

You might wanna go through another post by kaizersoze in this forum.

EB2 is going to be retrogressed "no later" than dec (probably november). Additionally you will be required to withdraw previous lc application as per the new FAQ released by DOL.

You would definitely want to think over these 2 things, before taking any further steps

Applied for RIR EB3 in march 2005
want to try perm EB2
??!!

Thanks

nisra said:
Well Komal as per one of the previous posts, the time from one getting certified and receiving final copy is anywhere from 2 - 4 months

Thanks Nisra. U and Icarus have been a great help.

Last edited by a moderator:
For GCCOVET

GCCovet said:
Dude,
JustWatching is just doing voluntary work on keeping the tracker updated. And so far, he has done excellent work. I have a suggestion, if you really need day-to-day info, you may download the latest copy and update it yourself on your desktop.

JustWathing, Please keep up the good work.

Regards

Mr GCCovet,

First of all I am not a Dude and second of all my previous statement did not concern u and I don't recall asking for your suggestion, so stop kissing other ppls highnie and mind ur own bees wax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mailroom Backlog

ICARUS

Can you please give us a little more detail on the mailroom situation at DBEC. It looks like it is taking couple of months or so for the original LC to be mailed out after certification.
- Is there any talk about making this process a little bit more efficient?
- How long is it taking the mailroom clerk to send out a certified LC?
- :D , Will it help if those of us who live close by DBEC to come and volunteer :) ???

Thanks

PS/Disclaimer: The last statement was meant as a joke. Those of you who get offended by the last statement, I apologize. Lately, people in this forum are being extremely aggravated on very minor things, and I sure don't want to make any enemies. :cool:

Intimation to Employer/Attorney

In cases,where the Backlog center request responses from the employer/attorney for "existence check failed" etc.,do they inform the employer/attorney ,if/if not they found the respose to be an OK or not after they receive it?

Approval Rir Nov02 Tx

I FINALLY received my approval in the mail. It was certified in June and I received it on 12th aug. Thanks to everyone on this forum esp Icarus!

Hang in there everyone. See you all on the I140/485 forums.

PD Nov 02 RIR TX
AD June 05
Recd Aug 12th 05 :)

jeffdoc97 said:
I FINALLY received my approval in the mail. It was certified in June and I received it on 12th aug. Thanks to everyone on this forum esp Icarus!

Hang in there everyone. See you all on the I140/485 forums.

PD Nov 02 RIR TX
AD June 05
Recd Aug 12th 05 :)

Congratulations jeffdoc97! Is you case an EB-2 or EB-3? My case is from Texas too and I have yet to hear from the BEC after submitting results of recruitment efforts a month ago. The wait is getting more painful to deal with everyday.
:(

DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

The Philadelphia BEC reported in July 2005 that they are receiving eMails requesting the case confirmation screen even when the beneficiary is not in H1B status. As a result, the Philadelphia BEC may be delayed in sending the screenshots for legitimate H1B extension cases. The Philadelphia BEC has requested that the eMail address only be used to request screenshots for proof for one-year incremental H1B extensions only.

We presume that people have been utilizing this eMail address simply to verify that a case has reached the BEC. It is certainly understandable that having cases in an untraceable system creates anxiety and even distrust between employer / employee and client / attorney. There are also times when the filing date and proof of the filing date are vital. This is true in cases filed prior to April 30, 2001, for 245(i) qualification. Thus, people may be seeking the proof of filing for purposes of establishing 245(i) eligibility based upon the labor certification filing. The verification system was established, however, for the limited purpose of H1B extensions while the data is being entered into the system. This restriction should be recognized and respected to help everyone in the long run.

On a related but separate matter, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy suggest that the DOL may wish to consider permitting verification through the eMail address or another system for other genuine purposes for those who need some verification or are anxious about pending cases. Of course, after the DOL issues all the 45-day continuation letters, the need for the eMail address for H1B extensions is eliminated. The excessive demand for eMail verifications is likely delaying the issuance of the 45-day letters and case processing by the BECs, so it is best to cooperate and use the system sparingly for legitimate cases.

RIR EB3 or PERM EB2

kalpssoni said:
Well

This is what my actual question is

I need EAD so that my wife can work
I dont mind if I get the GC later (or much much later)
and this is my first year of h1 !!

So it boiles down to this

Will my RIR EB3 get me EAD sooner?
or Perm EB2?

Applied for RIR EB3 in march 2005
want to try perm EB2
??!!

EAD can be applied only along with or after applying 485. And for March 2005 EB3, there is going to be long time before geting LC approved. My personal opinion is : go for PERM EB2 if you have a clean certifiable case. Even if EB2 gets retrogressed in December still it may be ahead of EB3 as months go by.

Thnx for all the help guys,

The LC i was waiting for got approved, now my lawer have to do a substitution on it.

Approval Notice Rcvd: 8/11/05
PD is 2/21/02
45 day letter rcvd: 2/4/05
45 day letter reply: 2/8/05

They should post the figures

gp111 said:
DOL Concern with Abuse of the LC Verification Procedure

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) labor certification Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) have an eMail address available for requesting a screenshot of the date a pending labor certification was filed. This system was begun so that pending labor certification cases could be confirmed to establish eligibility for H1B extensions beyond the six-year limit. The system is apparently being abused by those sending requests that are clearly unrelated to H1B extensions. This misuse is causing delays for bona fide H1B extension applicants.

Instead of writing this nonsense they should post the facts and figures. What they are doing from the last one year in the Backlog centers.How many LC's were cleared. Why they are not following FIFO. what happened to SWA cases etc. Murthy.com should come out with their figures, how many of their clients got LC's and time lines. This story is the imagination of Shela Murthy.Then nobody will abuse the system.

AnilJ said:
Thnx for all the help guys,

The LC i was waiting for got approved, now my lawer have to do a substitution on it.

Approval Notice Rcvd: 8/11/05
PD is 2/21/02
45 day letter rcvd: 2/4/05
45 day letter reply: 2/8/05

Congrats !!! File the substitution without any delay before they come out with the law prohibitting Labor Cert Substitution.

Gurus.. any comments please?
activex111 said:
The VISA BULLETIN mentions..
----
The Department of State has determined the family and employment preference numerical limits for FY-2005 in accordance with the terms of Section 201 of the INA. These numerical limitations for FY-2005 are as follows:

Worldwide Family-Sponsored preference limit: 226,000
Worldwide Employment-Based preference limit: 148,449

Under INA Section 202(A), the per-country limit is fixed at 7% of the family and employment annual limits. For FY-2005 the per-country limit is 26,211. The dependent area annual limit is 2%, or 7,489.
----
Does this mean that they are going to analyze and determine different limits for FY06?
If similar numbers are released for FY06, we in EB3, are doomed. There are too many cases even before the last cutoff date which was June 2002.
  • With those cases and the newly approved cases from BEC with PD before June 2002, is it possible that the cutoff date might be pushed prior to June 2002?
  • There are too many cases in EB3 waiting (I think somebody had rough numbers in a prev post). For people with PD in 2003, this will take forever to reach their PDs. Do we have any options other than waiting for atleats 3 more years to file 485?

Order of processing

Hi Guys,
Sorry for being a such a novice on this topic, but could you please tell me order in which BEC is processing the cases. My case was filed under EB2 category. My PD is Aug 2001. RD is May 2003. Haven't received 45 days notice, but I noticed that people with much later PD are receiving 45 days notices or even labor cert approvals. Tried reading previous threads, but couldn't find relevant info. Could you please shed some light.

Final Review !!!!

Hello my friend,
I just recieved a mail from BEC and the Case status is showing
Case Status: Final Review

Can someone tell me what does it mean??

Thank you very much.

FInal Review

Even I received the same from the screen shot,.

"Final Review",.

what does that mean,, and can any of the gurus predict like how much time it takes for final approval,..

thanks
Krishna M,