Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

NeelP - Please Help

Dear NeelP,

Congratulations on your LC.

My attorney is trying to PUT my name on someone elses LC (earlier PD and that employee no longer works for the company) before that LC is approved to avoid LC substitution later with USCIS @ I-140 stage (since LC substitution is going to be eliminated sooon)

Can you please tell us the Extension # for finding status? I will have my attorney call that # to make sure LC is NOT already approved before requesting the change to LC.

You can even send me email @ netnerdster@gmail.com

Thanks,

NeelP said:
ZB, mnhrdc & Other Friends,

The Phone # my attorney assistant calls is (214) 237-9111 only, She asks for some extension number (DOES NOT ASK FOR STATUS DIRECTLY As they transfer to VM if does so)

GP111,
I tried calling you yesterday & could not reach you.. I will call you again this afternoon.

My case at Philly BEC ... checking the status

Is there a way to check the status at the BEC. I read sometime back that sending an email works.

Not a chance..

RAYDHAN said:
Congratulations "nogcnolife". Good luck for the next stages.

Guys,
Is it correct to conclude that the RIR approvals that have been trickling in so far, are mostly for cases from the great state of California?

My case is RIR from Oklahoma with PD of Jan 02. I wonder if California is getting some sort of priority over other backlogged states such as OK, AR, MD, IN, etc.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards,
Raydhan

I am from CALIFORNIA, where is my LC? Date as per ICARUS has come and gone..no news at all..

ZB :(

LC approved

Received an e-mail from my attorney that my LC has approved. Being a viewer of this thread, I wanted to share this good news with you.
My PD is August 2002. CA-RIR-EB3

SC_LC :)

SantaClara_LC said:
Received an e-mail from my attorney that my LC has approved. Being a viewer of this thread, I wanted to share this good news with you.

Great News.. COngratulations..

SantaClara_LC said:

When is your 45 day letter replied?

SantaClara_LC said:
in the second week of Feb.

Congrats

Does some of your friends, or Attorneys have recieved any approvals for month of May, July 2002, We havnt seen for these months lately.

SantaClara_LC said:

Congrats. So Dallas is processing 2002 Apps. Mine got transferred from
CA DOL ( PD Nov.2002 ) to Phily BEC ( from some other threads it seems
Phily BEC is processingf 2001 April apps ! ).

I did speak to my lawyer. According to her it is still early days for the Backlog centers to process my LC. She thinks that the special handling cases will (eventually) be handled differently. However they still have not figured out a system to work it out.
I am worried as my spouse is running out of his H1 visa duration and is unable to file for LC/ GC himself. Any idea as to how may days it takes after my LC approval to get spouse's EAD/ work permit. I am very unfamilar with the process.

EB3 to EB2???

gp111 said:
What is the point of applying in EB-2 if the case is not qualified for ?

gp111 and other experts,
I know this is not the most appropriate forum to ask this but it may help others like me as well.

Can someone apply in EB2 category after the labor is approved even if the case was initially filed under EB3 during labor certification?

thanks a lot for your input.

regards,
raydhan

Yes you can...

RAYDHAN said:
gp111 and other experts,
I know this is not the most appropriate forum to ask this but it may help others like me as well.

Can someone apply in EB2 category after the labor is approved even if the case was initially filed under EB3 during labor certification?

regards,
raydhan

Yes you can,But as GP111 told,what is the point in applying under EB2 when it is not qualified....

Form ETA750A clearly states the job description and requirements and Form ETA750B defines the candidate's experience and requirements for the same.

An EB3 classification usually is applied for Skilled and/or Professional kinds of jobs requiring a Bahcelors and 2 years...EB2 is of course for higher education levels.

The key thing to note here is that even though the candidate may be EB2 eligibile, if the position being filled does not need a MS or PhD, then guess what...the EB2 candidate serves no purpose filling even the EB3 position.

In that sense, this is like match making..you gotta find the person who is just the right fit for the job description...it is no use and not applicable to hire an overqualified candidate

Thus, find out if your job description was filed as someone needing a Bachelor or MS or higher..if you initially filed under the Bachelor+2 years in 750B, you cannot upgrade to EB2. :(

QUOTE=RAYDHAN]gp111 and other experts,

regards,
raydhan[/QUOTE]

NO you can not..you can go from EB2 to EB3, but not from EB3 to EB2.

RAYDHAN said:
gp111 and other experts,

regards,
raydhan

Question

Gurus

My spouse is on H1. At any stage in GC process do we need to produce any documents of my spouse related to her status (H1B) like paystud, W2. Any input appreciated

thanx

RAYDHAN said:
gp111 and other experts,

regards,
raydhan

There is no mention of Category in Labor Certification.. If your LC has been filed with requirements of Advance Degree Or exceptional Ability / Masters (or BS+5 years of progressive exp) You can apply your I-140 in both EB-2 & 3.. But if your job requirements in LC is less than that you have to apply in EB-3 only

Labor Certified from Dallas BEC

Recd call from Attorney on 6/16 afternoon that my labor C. was certified. Recd paper mail from Dallas BEC same evening confirming certification. PD May 2002. 45 Day latter sent 1/25/05

EB-2 very likely to retro July 1. Just finished G-325/I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131/I-864 and medicals (I-693).

Best of luck

VAMAX said:
Gurus

My spouse is on H1. At any stage in GC process do we need to produce any documents of my spouse related to her status (H1B) like paystud, W2. Any input appreciated

thanx

Your spouse will be your dependent in GC process right ? You might need her paystubs/W2 to prove her status during I-485 stage ( if USCIS asks for).

mahap001 said:
Recd call from Attorney on 6/16 afternoon that my labor C. was certified. Recd paper mail from Dallas BEC same evening confirming certification. PD May 2002. 45 Day latter sent 1/25/05

EB-2 very likely to retro July 1. Just finished G-325/I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131/I-864 and medicals (I-693).

Best of luck

COngratulations mahap001
Good Luck for next step.

EB-2 cannot retrogress on July 01, 2005 as July Visa buletin is already out.. It is likely to be retrogressed on August 01, 2005