Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks the email was futile

I have sent them an email on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:28 PM to
DFLC Status <status@dal.dflc.us> and the reply was...
Dear Requestor,

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry
mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on
Permanent Labor Certifications. All Dallas Processing Center files are
being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter
will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may
request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will
also be updated.

* Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
* Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
* Incorrect case closures
* H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain
information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the
following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit
the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the
following internet websites:

www.plc.doleta.gov/PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you
will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of
Continuation Option letter.

Your patience is appreciated.

Dallas Backlog Processing Center

JustWatching said:
I don't think your case is lost forever...I along with you am hoping that it's not.

If you look at Chicago DOL cases there is a "hole" as it relates to 45-day letters being sent out for cases recieved at Chicago Regional in June/July '04 so as they say misery loves company. Since you are not the only one that hasn't received the letter I wouldn't worry about it yet. It will come.

When? Is an impossible question for me to answer, I have looked at the tracker data and I can honestly say I have found no pattern whatsoever.

Maybe you should try sending an e-mail status request. At least you'll know that your case is indeed sitting at Dallas BPC.

Good luck.

after LC

I may be jumping the gun on this one, but since I have already spent so much time (about 3.5 yrs) waiting for my LC, I would like to make up for lost time by planning for next step. Does anyone know or can point me to a link that can provide me with some info on what documentation is needed to apply for I-140 so I can start putting all the papers together.

Also have you guys thought of whether its beneficial to apply for concurrent I-140-485 or wait for I-140 to be approved before filing 485?

I apologise if you feel that this is the wrong forum for this and would appreciate if someone will let me know where I should post these question.

Thanks in advance for you input.....

Why showing Philly in the DOL response

Hello, little confused here.
Your case starts with D which means it is at Dallas BEC. But why it is saying Philly BEC in the auto response?
I am in the same situation.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2610
Folks,

I remember some body posted that they got status 'in final review',etc.
It's been almost 5 months i replied to my 45 days letter, so i sent an email(not from hotmail or yahoo) from my H1 company email address.

I got auto response as below, I added my BEC case number in subject and email body. they didnt even look at it.

-SR
TX RIR/EB2
PD 11/2002
RD 05/2003
Replied to 45 days letter in Dec 2004

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Processing Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney(or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information.

For frequently asked questions and status inquiry, please visit the following internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta...reign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet websites:
HYPERLINK "http://www.plc.doleta.gov/"www.plc.doleta.gov/
HYPERLINK "mailto:pERM.DFLC@dol.gov"PERM.DFLC@dol.gov
There is no need to submit multiple requests. The next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.
Your patience is appreciated.
Dallas Backlog Processing Center

Question for Icarus

To the All-knowing Icarus,
I guess some of us are trying to make sense about the labor approvals from Dallas BPC heard and posted in this forum.

Can you please explain why there is such a wide gap between the approvals and how they can jump directly to August 2002 when people from end of 2001 and early 2002 have not received their approvals yet?

Even though you explained last week that the PDs being approved by the COs move back and forth as new cases (with earlier PDs) cut in line, it still does seem illogical since FIFO doesn't seem to be working as it is intended to.

Please enlighten us as much as you can.

Best Regards and have a great long weekend.

Raydhan

SESA or DOL?

First off, thank you to all who are replying to ppl like us who have no clue what to expect and what to plan.

My RIR (EB2) application was actually filed sometime in first week of July 2004 timeframe to the Chicago SESA.

Later in August 2004 I got an email from my lawyer saying that a "receipt notice" had been received which said that my priority date was established as August 16th 2004!

Does this mean that my application made it to the Chicago/Illinois DOL? OR did it never cross the SESA level?

No 45 day letter yet... the last I spoke to my lawyer, she said my app has gone to the Dallas BRC and based on other letters she is receiving, Dallas BRC is currently processing end of 2002 cases! This was as of 2 weeks back.

Can someone please tell me what can I expect based on the dates above. I will really appreciate any response as I am totally confused.

For life_w/o_gc

Hi life_w/o_gc,

Would you mind providing 8 leading digits of your BEC case#? This still leave you in hundreds blanket for safty. We have waiting_forLC (PD : 08/21/2001 (RIR CA) posted that he got T-05140-30xxx, Another P-05130-0xxxx, which shows that BECs are entering SWA cases like crazy now, really encouraging :)

Thanks for sharing.

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi All,

Today I have received from DFLC Backlog Processing Center

my case number T-051xx-30xxx I am confused why this number is

starting with T. Is it for temporary. Can somebody please help me to

read this number and understand it properly. Your help is appreciated.

PD April 2002
EB3 NON-RIR
CA
No 45 days letter yet. :confused:

Freedom Of Information Act

Can we use the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT to find out the status of our applications with DOL Dallas BEC ?
Has anyone asked their lawyers with regards to finding out more info using this act. I feel DOL does not have a choice but to reply . Wouldnt it be better than filing lawsuits etc.
I know for Canadian Immigration you can get CAIPS notes which is again something like FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.
What do you think. Maybe someone can ask Rajiv Khanna about it.

Dallas BEC Phone Number

Hi,

Has anyone called the Dallas BEC phone number?

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
Phone: (214) 237-9111
Fax: (214) 237-9135

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

I called them once and they told me they can release information only to the employer.

Does anyone know what kind of information can be obtained from there?

Thanks a bunch,

Rajib

California SESA PD: March 2003
SF DOL RD: March 2004
45-Day letter from Dallas BEC: Feb 2005

texancanadian said:
Can we use the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT to find out the status of our applications with DOL Dallas BEC ?
Has anyone asked their lawyers with regards to finding out more info using this act. I feel DOL does not have a choice but to reply . Wouldnt it be better than filing lawsuits etc.
I know for Canadian Immigration you can get CAIPS notes which is again something like FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.
What do you think. Maybe someone can ask Rajiv Khanna about it.

Question for Icarus

Icarus,

Do you have any info on how fast Dallas BEC is entering SWA cases? The BEC tracker shows T-05123-89xxx, P-05130-0xxxx and T-05140-30xxx, both T from STATUS@DAL.FDLC.US. Which shows both BECs entered 41K SWA cases in 13 work days (May 3 Tue -- May 20 Fri). Really goods news to us :)

Please confirm our calculation -- May 3, BEC ser# reaches 89xxx, after hitting 99999 and reset to 0, happens around May 10 (proved by P-05130-0xxxx), on May 20, BEC ser# hits 30xxx, that's 11000 + 30000 cases :p Please confirm this encouraging news.

Has Dallas BEC got more ppl work on data entry? Is data entrying done in weekend as well as?

austinjoe said:
Hi life_w/o_gc,

Would you mind providing 8 leading digits of your BEC case#? This still leave you in hundreds blanket for safty. We have waiting_forLC (PD : 08/21/2001 (RIR CA) posted that he got T-05140-30xxx, Another P-05130-0xxxx, which shows that BECs are entering SWA cases like crazy now, really encouraging :)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone for your immediate help. I am sorry I am not confortable to give rest of the digits.

But can say something more, as somebody in his post mentioned that
numbers are decreasing I guess that is what is happening here.

As you asked in the previous post I did email my query <status@DAL.DFLC.US>

here. They replied after one month asking my Company name and
then after another month they replied-----

May 25, 2005

Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the
status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: T-05140-30xxx

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent
Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of
being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and
additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center

I hope this will help.

Thanks once again to all.
Good luck to all of us.

Hi RAYDHAN
As far as I know you are expecting your LC now right as your PD is much before 7/02 I guess.
First I would like to say, I hope you get your approval today or this coming week, so congrats in advance for that.
Second, for your query to ICARUS, I feel the way BEC is working as ICARUS says, I think thats fine atleast we know they are working now. Even if they won't work as FIFO what can we do about it. My PD is OCT 2003, if somebody from 2004 get approved before me what can I do? Nothing.
So relax let BEC do what they are doing (Clearing the Cases) and lets all pray guys that we all get our LC's approved soon.
I think RAYDHAN's and ZB's LC must be in post by now. so we might hear from them any time now.

RAYDHAN said:
To the All-knowing Icarus,
I guess some of us are trying to make sense about the labor approvals from Dallas BPC heard and posted in this forum.

Can you please explain why there is such a wide gap between the approvals and how they can jump directly to August 2002 when people from end of 2001 and early 2002 have not received their approvals yet?

Even though you explained last week that the PDs being approved by the COs move back and forth as new cases (with earlier PDs) cut in line, it still does seem illogical since FIFO doesn't seem to be working as it is intended to.

Please enlighten us as much as you can.

Best Regards and have a great long weekend.

Raydhan

Whyallthis said:
Hi RAYDHAN
As far as I know you are expecting your LC now right as your PD is much before 7/02 I guess.
First I would like to say, I hope you get your approval today or this coming week, so congrats in advance for that.
Second, for your query to ICARUS, I feel the way BEC is working as ICARUS says, I think thats fine atleast we know they are working now. Even if they won't work as FIFO what can we do about it. My PD is OCT 2003, if somebody from 2004 get approved before me what can I do? Nothing.
So relax let BEC do what they are doing (Clearing the Cases) and lets all pray guys that we all get our LC's approved soon.
I think RAYDHAN's and ZB's LC must be in post by now. so we might hear from them any time now.

I hope that you are right. I have been expecting my approval for a few days now. Every morning, I check email for any notification from my lawyer and/or employer for the good news. But nothing yet .. :(

-------------
PD: Feb 2002
RD: June 2003 RIR San Francisco DOL
45-day letter: Mar 2005 Dallas BRC
Replied: Mar 2005

URGENT!! Need info on Labor approval/H1B extension

I am sorry for dragging my issue in this forum. But I need urgent advise....

I need help with understanding the process of extending H1 beyond 6 years. I have slightly over 1 year left on my H1B. I have I apply for my PERM labor now in EB3 category, and suppose I get my labor approved within 1 year. Then can I still keep on extending my H1B?? I cant file for 485 because EB3 is retrogressed.
Please help me understand this!!!

Thanks!!!!

mbmisc said:

I need help with understanding the process of extending H1 beyond 6 years. I have slightly over 1 year left on my H1B. I have I apply for my PERM labor now in EB3 category, and suppose I get my labor approved within 1 year. Then can I still keep on extending my H1B?? I cant file for 485 because EB3 is retrogressed.

Thanks!!!!
Yes You can.
The H1B can be extended when
1) LC was filed before 365 days of 6 year limit & Pending
2) LC filed before 365 days of 6 year limit Approved & I-140 pending
3) LC & I-140 approved , I-485 pending
4) LC & I-140 approved (or I-140 pending) & Cannot file I-485 due to retrogression (in this case you can get extension of 3 years at a time)

hope this helps

Thanks a bunch! gp111!!!
You rock!!

gp111 said:
Yes You can.
4) LC & I-140 approved (or I-140 pending) & Cannot file I-485 due to retrogression (in this case you can get extension of 3 years at a time)

hope this helps

That's very useful info.

gp111 said:
Yes You can.

hope this helps

Nice summary of conditions under which we can file for H1 extension. thanks gp111.

mbmisc said:

Thanks!!!!
From Immigraiton-law.com website: Please refer to its breaking news section of date 05/21/2005 for further details.

H-1B Extension Beyond Six Years During Period of Visa Number Unavailability.
The H-1B extension opportunities are offered by the so-called AC21 Act. It provides for H-1B extensions in two circumstances:
(1) Those whose I-140 petions in EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 have been approved but are unable to file or complete I-485 applications because of the visa number unavailability in his/her case:
(2) Those whose I-485 applications or I-140 petitions or labor certification application have been pending for more than 365 days before his/her H-1B status reaches six (Oops!) years. (Petition or labor certificaton should have been filed before reaching five years in H-1B):

Info needed from Icarus

<My First Post>

I checked with both my attorney/employer - it has been almost four months
since I got my BEC case number, but they have not received my 45-day letter
until now. Neither of them have received a case closed notice due to lack of
response to 45-day letter either.

Icarus:
1. When can I expect my 45-day letter?
2. Is mine likely to be one of those cases where the 45-day letters were
never mailed out? In that case, should I expect a case closure notice due
to lack of response first, then follow it up to get a new 45-day letter, etc?
3. Any chance I can get a 45-day letter in the near future instead of case
closure, etc?

Thanks for your time!

My Case Details:

EB2, RIR (MS+1yr)
PD: July 1st week, 2002
RD: May last week, 2003 (CA DOL)

(Obtained via email during 1st week of Feb 2005)
Dallas BEC Case Number: D-0432x-xxxxx
No 45-day letter yet, No 'Case Closure' notice either until now​

Geeeceee, I am with you

no 45-day letter yet, my attorney said only 15%-20% cases in his office rec'd the letters so far.