Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Hi Icarus,

Any idea if there will be a difference for cases sent to BPC from the regional DOLs versus those that only got to state (SESA) level?
I mean, surely cases forwarded from the DOLs have work already completed by the various regions, so should take less time to process??

Hello, I am new to this thread... My PD is Sept 2004 through Illinois, You have quoted your DOL RD... How can I know my DOL RD , Any idea? My case went to Dallas BPC...Any idea? Thank you!

clx-dude said:
Finally, got one of those '45-day' letters. Don't know if it makes any difference considering RIR and Regular will be put in one FIFO queue. Ofcourse, there is the EB3 retrogression.

Filed: EB3/RIR

IL-SESA RD: 11/03 (15 months back)

DOL RD: 05/04 (8 months back)

45-day: 03/05

Himali,

If your case was filed at IL SESA in Sept 2004 then most probably you don't have a DOL RD. Your case would get shipped to DBPC and you'd get a 45 days letter.

You can send an email to the DBPC in coming months to check if they received your case and if they have a case number for you yet.

Himali78 said:
Hello, I am new to this thread... My PD is Sept 2004 through Illinois, You have quoted your DOL RD... How can I know my DOL RD , Any idea? My case went to Dallas BPC...Any idea? Thank you!

- LaborIL

thanks Icarus

Then RIR cases(Lucky one) moved to Dallas BPC has advantage over Philly because Philly BPC has to clear tons of RIR cases of 2001 cases from NY/NJ/Maryland first. Dallas has oldest cases from mid 2002. I don't see my approval in 2005. :( Anyways thanks for information. Glad to know that it's moving and someone will come out from this hell. :)

Icarus said:
RIR and TR are in separate queues at each BEC, each running its own FIFO, i.e., TR queue(Dallas) will not hold up RIR queue(Dallas) if it contains cases with an earlier LO date. Nor will the queue of either type in one BEC hold up the corresponding queue for that type of case at the other BEC. Also, despite DOL estimates that data entry will continue through 3/06, processing of cases has begun in all phases up to and including certification.

send letter to secretary of DOL

Hi:
It seems our complain and pain means nothing to DOL, They looks pretend to not know our pain and assume we are happy with the big mess of BPC (or back log creating center). Let's take some action and full mail box of secretary of DOL Chao to see what can mean something to them.
WE
PD 06/11/2002
RIR EB2

Worried Engineer wrote:
sent letter to secretary of DOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent the same letter to Secretary Chao today, I print your letter, signed it and sent it, It only take me 30 minutes and 37 cents.
Thank you Wboyi.
WE

Wboyi wrote:

Actually today I send a letter to Secretary of DOL, Elaine L. Chao. Since her e-mail address is not available, I have to send it by mail.
If you go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ , you may find e-mail address of President, Vice-president and … . The e-mail address of President is president@whitehouse.gov

I believe if we, in the same boat of DOL Backlog Elimination Center, should stand up and help ourselves.

Following is what I send:

03/18/2005

The Honorable Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20210

Dear Secretary Chao,

First at all, thank you very much to read this letter. I take this
opportunity to congratulate you on your 2nd term as Secretary of US
Department of Labor.

I am writing to you because I am looking for your help to pay attention to
my situation. That is my Alien Employment Certification which is pending to
the DOL (San Francisco DOL regional office) more than 2 years.

The current progress in San Francisco DOL regional office is very very slow; they started process the application received by March 2003 since last December, now they are
still stay in March 2003. There are a lot of cases was backlogged.
According to this pace, some of applicant may retire before their case is
processed.

Actually there are thousands of applicants like me are undergoing the same
pain, the pain of waiting continue day and day, week and week, month and
month, year and year, some of us have been waiting 4-5 years. I am one of
them. No one tell us how long we have to wait.

Recently I got to know the DOL started 2 Backlog Elimination Center to
handle all the backlogged case. I saw a ray of light at that time.
However 6 months passed, it made me disappointed again. I can’t believe it.
Backlog Elimination Center didn’t speed up the processing at all and create
more backlogs. How many cases they processed so far: Zero. To my
understanding, two more unnecessary procedures were created and cause new
delay. (Blue words are my comments)
(1) Take several months to transfer or input case data manually from
regional office (It is said what Backlog Elimination Center are doing now.
Does it mean the cases are not input in the DOL computer system at all when
the cases stay in the regional office, or nothing happened to those case
during several years, what are they doing?)
(2) Take another several months to send and receive so-called 45-day letter
to verify whether the applicant want to continue their application or not
(It is said that only no more than 0.75% case was withdrawn so far,
therefore this procedure may be eliminated, on the other hand, if the case
was handled timely, this procedure is absolutely not necessary at all)

The most important is when Backlog Elimination Center start to process case?
Backlog is still backlog if no any processing at all.

Furthermore, I have another big concern. It is said that DOL will start a
new program, PREM (Permanent Labor certification Program), to process Alien
Employment Certification and it will make a decision in 60 days once the
application is received. If it were true, that would be a supreme irony for
us, already waiting Alien Employment Certification for several years. Should
we give up current application and turn to PREM? Suppose the average waiting
time is 3 years for each applicant, 300,000 applicants mean we waste 900,000
years. I don¡¯t think it is a fair. Some of us in the same boat will appeal
to Senate, House and President for this issue, 60 days vs several years.

What I request here are
(1) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing to make a
clear definition about current application and PREM, we should have the same
treatment as PREM. Finish current federal labor cases before moving to PERM
or move the backlogged cases to PREM
(2) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination start process case immediately
(3) Please turn your administration's attention to implementing Backlog
Elimination to make a clear process timetable and set up a track system to
let every applicant know the case status

I believe this request is not only for myself also for thousands of
applicants.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Anand_Mishra said:
Then RIR cases(Lucky one) moved to Dallas BPC has advantage over Philly because Philly BPC has to clear tons of RIR cases of 2001 cases from NY/NJ/Maryland first. Dallas has oldest cases from mid 2002. I don't see my approval in 2005. :( Anyways thanks for information. Glad to know that it's moving and someone will come out from this hell. :)
Unfortunately, RIR queue at Dallas is currently working on cases filed in 4/01, so there is not much advantage of one center over another. Majority of cases being processed from this group are TX and CA regional cases.

Thank you Icarus very much for your information!

Icarus said:
Unfortunately, RIR queue at Dallas is currently working on cases filed in 4/01, so there is not much advantage of one center over another. Majority of cases being processed from this group are TX and CA regional cases.

Everybody like me who has been come to this board is extremely happy to see you back here. I truly appreciate your kindness and encouragement. But I do have a question for you, when you said "RIR queue at Dallas is currently working on cases filed in 4/01", were you refering to the PD or RD? Thanks again for your reply!!

04/01 Cases?

Icarus said:

Icarus,
I do not understand how there can be RIR cases from 04/01? Before BEC's, Dallas was processing RIR cases from Jan 03 (Federal). That is when they stopped. My Recieved date at regional was Feb 03 (actual PD AUG 2002).

I thought onece they start processing RIR cases, they would start at Jan 03 again. Am I wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

Makes Sense..

Icarus said:

If you guys look at the BEC tracker in the BEC Tracker forum http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571 then you will see that for Dallas BEC the earliest RIR cases are from APR 2001 (PD) from Dallas DOL.

The cases after that are those with May/June 2001 PD from Indian SWA.

My question to you ICARUS is will the BECs process the regional cases first or they will just process state and Regional cases together ?

If state cases will be processed together with regional then it will take some time to reach the first of the CA cases which should be starting from about Feb-Mar 2002 (PD)... These will be the auto-remand to state cases which came to CA-DOL with RDs of AUG and SEP 2002.

If they do Regional cases first then the queue shoudl move very quickly as there will be negligible number of RIR cases from both Dallas and SF DOl which are before May 2002 (PD), once they touch May 2002 PD thats is when the majority of Dallas and CA regional backlog will start hitting them and it will slow down.

Whatever is the case, we need to see some certifications come out ofthe BEC to track how fast they are working on the queue... till we come to know of the earliest certifications we are not going to know anything real..

One guy here who can expect a certification any day now is scorp29 who has a PD of 1 APR 2001 (04/01/01).

We need to see what happens to him..

Thanks
ZB

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus/Forum Gurus:Data Entry Error:LC Withdrawn, How 2 Reinstate?

DOL responded with LC withdrawal after responding to 45day letter confirming proceed

* recd 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog reduction center ("DBRC")
* Attorney responded with letter confirming "proceed"
* DBRC responded with letter confirming case was withdrawn quoting the very letter sent by Attorney confirming "proceed".

This seems to be an obvious DBRC error.

Currently, working on reinstating case by resending 45 day
letter confirmation + cover letters from Employer/Attorney about error.

*1 Has anyone run into this issue ?
*2 Was case reinstated ?
*3 How long did it take to reinstate case ?

Icarus said:

For lc4gc

Wernt the old problem Texas cases which would be non recommended for RIR have been sent back to TWC ( or other SWA) who inturn sent it to Enterject ?
I dont think the problem RIR cases sat at DOL- Dallas they were "kicked-back" to the respective SWA. According to a posting on this forum someone spoke to TWC and was told these "opened" cases would be sent to BPC on April 22 nd ?
But you are right - once they come to BPC they should be at the top of the list based on PD ? But since they were "problem" cases who knows if they will still be treated as RIR.
Thanks

lc4gc said:
ACS_78,

Old Dallas DOL only processed Clear, NO-problem(or recommended) RIR cases received by Jan03. But they left a lot of so-called problem cases whose RD was way back to 2001. if you check flccenter database, you could find at least 100 cases in 2001(it is RD, not PD, RIR case), 800 cases in 2002 (RD RIR case). the DOL website published timeframe is only for recommended cases. if you looked at immigration.com's archieved labor timetable, you could find it.
since BRC considered of FIFO by PD, I guess more cases from CA are older than TX cases.
and a lot of people who applied LC, such as Chef, cook, farmworker etc. are all waiting in the same line. some of them never surf the website or come to the forum to input their information here.

I am sure Icarus's info makes sense.

IC4GC,
Thanks for the input. I was hoping that as soon as they start processing RIR cases, mine would come up quickly. But looks like I will have to wait for a long time.

Am I dreaming ?? Saviour ICARUS is back....

OKIE GUYS !!! HOPE IS BACK...ICARUS IS HERE.....

WELCOME BACK ICARUS , AND THANK YOU....

Now we will get regular updates and correct updates....

Icarus said:
RIR and TR are in separate queues at each BEC, each running its own FIFO, i.e., TR queue(Dallas) will not hold up RIR queue(Dallas) if it contains cases with an earlier LO date. Nor will the queue of either type in one BEC hold up the corresponding queue for that type of case at the other BEC. Also, despite DOL estimates that data entry will continue through 3/06, processing of cases has begun in all phases up to and including certification.

Today 90 days have past since my employer responded to the 45 day letter from BEC.
How do I/my employer enquire about my case?
DOL DALLAS recieved date Nov 2003.
BEC 45 day letter recieved 20th Dec 2004.

Ok thats good, Now either you can tell employer or your Lawyer to call the BEC (Number is available on many site) and give the details of your case.
Let us know what happen? As this IMP for all of us.
Thank you in advance.

permperm said:
Today 90 days have past since my employer responded to the 45 day letter from BEC.
How do I/my employer enquire about my case?
DOL DALLAS recieved date Nov 2003.
BEC 45 day letter recieved 20th Dec 2004.

ACS_78 said:
Icarus,
I do not understand how there can be RIR cases from 04/01? Before BEC's, Dallas was processing RIR cases from Jan 03 (Federal). That is when they stopped. My Recieved date at regional was Feb 03 (actual PD AUG 2002).

I thought onece they start processing RIR cases, they would start at Jan 03 again. Am I wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

Well, before BEC, or BRC or whatever your call it, DOL did not use PD. Instead, DOL RD was used in the process. PD was only relevant when you file I485. If PD is used for FIFO (though I do not hope so, it seems going that way), it will be the worst nightmare for all of those whse cases had arrived at DOL, especially for those at original Philly and Dallas regionals.

pennwaiting said:
Well, before BEC, or BRC or whatever your call it, DOL did not use PD. Instead, DOL RD was used in the process. PD was only relevant when you file I485. If PD is used for FIFO (though I do not hope so, it seems going that way), it will be the worst nightmare for all of those whse cases had arrived at DOL, especially for those at original Philly and Dallas regionals.

BEC uses PD to establish FIFO not RD. There will be nationwide Queue based on PD at Philly & Dallas so that people applied first get processed first. Don't you think its fair system ?

About, Regional cases getting 45 letters first & SWAs later, that is because All regions sent the cases to BEC first & SWAs are still under process of trasnferring the application. Once BEC receives cases with earlier PD it will go automatically ahead of queue.

Want to reply to BEC's 45-day letter by Fax also. Don't have the number on it. Could someone provide me with the fax number? Thx