Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I believe that you can change job after 140 approval, on the condition that your current employer agrees not to withdraw your 140.

You need to talk to your lawyer to make sure.

frostrated said:
I am not so sure of that. If what I know is true, you can use AC21 only if your I-485 application is pending more than 180 days. Pure approval of I-140 does not allow you to change jobs. But I may be wrong, and I wish I really AM wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are wrong.

You should file I-485 and wait 180 days before change your job.

Read the following....

AC21 allows for approval of employment-based adjustment of status applications through an employment offer other than the one contained in the labor certification and I-140, provided certain requirements are met. Those eligibility requirements under section 106(c) of AC21 are that (a) the I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status, must be pending (unadjudicated) for 180 days or more; and (b) the new job must be the same as, or similar to, the job described in the labor certification and I-140 petition.

-Mjee

s_chicago said:
Y..true...but after 180 days of I-140 approval, you can change your employer and can carry your current PD . And if your employer closes his shop (my previous employer closed their office and went back to india after the internet bubble bursted. I had a PD early 2002 with them!) still you are able to stay and go to a new employer.

congrats

HelpMeGodPlease said:
Hi,

My labor has been approved finally. Thanks a lot for all of your co-opertaion.

Labor : EB2, RIR
State : Applied in Nebraska
PD : Jun 14 2004
Regional : Moved to chicago
RD : Jun 16 2004
Backlog : Dallus
45-Day letter : Feb 1st week 2005
Approved : Recieved a call from my employer on Mar 4th 2006.

Thanks a lot.
Congrats on your approval.Can u share your ETA number.

PD May 24 2004 IL
RD 45 day letter answered in Oct 2005
ETA D-05111-xxxxx approval hope this year.

Yes it is

This is the auto response from them. Which email address did you send to?
bingojohn said:
Here is the response I got! How is it possible, that my application was received at the PBEC, when all Chicago applications were supposed to reach DBEC? Can someone please help me out here?

I just think this is a standard auto-reply, that has nothing to do with my specific case. Anyone who mails them will receive the same reply! Can someone confirm this for me please? I will be extremely grateful.

how long to get a screenshot

I need help !!

Back in Jan 2006, I asked my attorney to get a screenshot since my efforts were unsuccessful. But she says that she has not received any communication to date??!!!???

How did you, my fellow GC applicants get your screenshot? and how long did it take?

I appreciate all help to get THE answer.

State TX/RIR/EB2
Processing Center Dallas BEC
PD Jan, 2004
transfer to DBEc letter - Aug 2005
No news since then.

Under ACT12, if you had your I-140 approved, you can carry your PD and can transfer your H1 to a new employer. The thing is, you need to apply for a LC and I-140 from your new employer which now a days is no problem at all as you get your LC in PERM quickly. And the good part is, you carry your current PD. If you have I-140 is approved you are at least safer than people whose LC is pending.

And for I-485, you need not to apply for LC or I-140 from your new employer, only you need to inform INS about your new job. Which is way better.

Taiwanboy said:
Hi! S_Chicago:
How long can you stay here and keep looking for the new job if your employer closes his shop? Where can you find information about this? Thanks.

s_chicago said:
Under ACT12, if you had your I-140 approved, you can carry your PD and can transfer your H1 to a new employer. The thing is, you need to apply for a LC and I-140 from your new employer which now a days is no problem at all as you get your LC in PERM quickly. And the good part is, you carry your current PD. If you have I-140 is approved you are at least safer than people whose LC is pending.

And for I-485, you need not to apply for LC or I-140 from your new employer, only you need to inform INS about your new job. Which is way better.
Thanks for the answer. I guess my assumption was a little bit different. The EB3 people have to wait for the PD to become current before they can even apply for I-485. My question is, if you are in EB3 and you get your LC and I-140 approved, and your company closes before you file for I-485, can you stay in the US legally while looking for the next job? I thought it was only legal if you already filed for I-485. Thanks! :)

Try lsmith or jluna @dal.dflc.us.
If you want to call them..call 214 237 9111 and ask for Latanya smith or Joe Luna.

kaperuma said:
I need help !!

Back in Jan 2006, I asked my attorney to get a screenshot since my efforts were unsuccessful. But she says that she has not received any communication to date??!!!???

How did you, my fellow GC applicants get your screenshot? and how long did it take?

I appreciate all help to get THE answer.

State TX/RIR/EB2
Processing Center Dallas BEC
PD Jan, 2004
transfer to DBEc letter - Aug 2005
No news since then.

Once your I-140 is approved you can still stay legally in us and transfer your H1 to a new employer where you need to have to a new LC and I-140 filled from your new employer but you carry your old PD.
I am not an attorney. Please read more here about this:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-203014.html

Taiwanboy said:
Thanks for the answer. I guess my assumption was a little bit different. The EB3 people have to wait for the PD to become current before they can even apply for I-485. My question is, if you are in EB3 and you get your LC and I-140 approved, and your company closes before you file for I-485, can you stay in the US legally while looking for the next job? I thought it was only legal if you already filed for I-485. Thanks! :)

Info

uhbiv said:
Try lsmith or jluna @dal.dflc.us.
If you want to call them..call 214 237 9111 and ask for Latanya smith or Joe Luna.

Does this mean we can call them and find out our case status ourselves on this number.

Please have your employer or attorney correspond with them. I'm basically trying to put a face behind the h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us email. They will not respond to us and it is waste of our time.
Chocolate said:
Does this mean we can call them and find out our case status ourselves on this number.

Got labor approval

Finally after 3 years of waiting. My labor got approved

Priority Date: Aug 2004
Sate :IL

Now question is..How risksy is it to switch attorney after labor?
I absolutely hate my attorney .

Thanks for your reply.

naushit said:

Thanks for your reply.

You may wanted to say that your PD Aug 2003 (but not 2004), otherwise you confused people. Your case was closed in Sep 2005 and finally approved recently, right ?

uhbiv said:
URL for screen shot: http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/PBLSInt/
FYI this is the web site that contains everybody's holy grail.[/B][/COLOR]
Do they already started backlog for PERM ?
attachment.php

Perm BackLog System.

Last edited by a moderator:
HelpMeGodPlease said:
Hi,

My labor has been approved finally. Thanks a lot for all of your co-opertaion.

Labor : EB2, RIR
State : Applied in Nebraska
PD : Jun 14 2004
Regional : Moved to chicago
RD : Jun 16 2004
Backlog : Dallus
45-Day letter : Feb 1st week 2005
Approved : Recieved a call from my employer on Mar 4th 2006.

Thanks a lot.

Congrates.

KS case details

sfmars said:
Congrats gc_kab_milega,

Could you tell us when your employer/attorney got certification for your case ? I am interested to know your exact approval date

sfmars,
I got the certified ETA today from the employer
certification date at DBEC is 06-feb-2006
my pd was 26-may-2004.
state KS, EB2 RIR (MS comp sci)

certification method

gc_kab_milega said:
sfmars,
I got the certified ETA today from the employer
certification date at DBEC is 06-feb-2006
my pd was 26-may-2004.
state KS, EB2 RIR (MS comp sci)

Congrats on your approval.My PD is 24-may-2004 and i am still waiting for approval .Dont know how these people are approving cases i think randomly .

naushit said:

Thanks for your reply.

di ur labor go to regional?

Labor Approved

munnu77705 said:
di ur labor go to regional?

Just wanted to share some good news with all of you....

My attorney told me that my labor got approved.

IL (State) RIR June 2004

Btw - the approval letter from DBEC is going to come to my old address and I shall not get it at all. Do I need to have that letter for any reason?