D.a.q :-)

WouldBeCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Ok here is the first DAQ.

If an old parent is sponsored by an US Citizen (for example, I sponsor my 65+ year old mother), when she comes to USA would she be eligible to get Social Security outright?

I think SSA is only for people who contributed 10 quarters. But what if she gets a green card after sponsoring and comes here as a PR and never contributed to SSA. Would she be able to get some money from SSA?

BTW DAQ = Dumb A$$ Question :) Thanks a lot for reading.

WouldBeCitizen said:

If an old parent is sponsored by an US Citizen (for example, I sponsor my 65+ year old mother), when she comes to USA would she be eligible to get Social Security outright?

I think SSA is only for people who contributed 10 quarters. But what if she gets a green card after sponsoring and comes here as a PR and never contributed to SSA. Would she be able to get some money from SSA?

I believe irrespective of the immigration status you should have had 40 points accumulated (you get maximum of 4 points a year based on annual income as filed with IRS)

WouldBeCitizen said:

WBC - I think you have to qualify for the social security points in order to receive any benefits. You can however plug in the data at the tool located on the SSA website... http://best.ssa.gov/ for more accurate information.

Shaky when is your int date?[/QUOTE]

Rahul its next friday. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 2:20 PM man why so late in afternoon, what are they upto? i dont know any single person who's interview was after 12 ' o clock. so i am confused. or tell me anyone whos time was same or close to mine. so i can relax.
man i am going to be PAGAL

shaky said:
Rahul its next friday. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 2:20 PM man why so late in afternoon, what are they upto? i dont know any single person who's interview was after 12 ' o clock. so i am confused. or tell me anyone whos time was same or close to mine. so i can relax.
man i am going to be PAGAL
When I had my interview (11:15 AM) there was a lady who had showed up at 10 AM even though her interview was at 2 PM. She was made clear that she will not be called for interview ahead of time just because she showed up early. They do scheduled interviews as late as 3:30 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
phillydude said:
Really dude? Sighhhhhhhhhh Thanks for this post man. other wise i was thinking why this late. so u mean that lady showed up 5 hours before her interview time.lol
well i think in my case.. its friday. and i think i wont be called in until 3 pm and office closes i think 4 pm. I hope that day they are running busy so my interviewer does not have time to ask me where i bought those sneakers. just fast 1 2 3 interview . hehhehe and on top of that friday, i am sure interviewer would have weekend in their minds , so i expect him/her to be in cool mood. GOD HELP ME>

WouldBeCitizen said:
What else you want me to be after? You? LOL

yeah Mr citizen. U can say that.. because u are all done and relaxed man. I remember ur fire when ur wife got oath notice and u didnt..LOL and from that day to ur oath letter arrival day u sounded spicy hot.lol I can imagine, for example u being stuck in * name check * pending situation. khe khe khe.

OH and from ur experience i learned , i wont ask my examiner when my oath will be. because this question really offends them u know.

shaky said:
Really dude? Sighhhhhhhhhh Thanks for this post man. other wise i was thinking why this late. so u mean that lady showed up 5 hours before her interview time.lol
Take it easy bro, this WouldBeCitizen is a bad influence.. ;)

shaky said:
... and from ur experience i learned , i wont ask my examiner when my oath will be. because this question really offends them u know.

That is something good to note. Yup, do not ask and show your authority. Be mellow and accept the other person across the table as Authority. Frankly I tell you my case was just a dumb a$$ sitting on the file JUST because I asked. Then one day I went to INS office and asked 'why sit your ass on this?' and then it moved fast! Next month I got everything.

It is all sorta ego equation.

phillydude said:
That it easy bro, this WouldBeCitizen is a bad influence.. ;)

You sound like sour grapes bud :) Ask the moderator, WBC is the BEST influence. Moreover the WBC has an immigration God in his pocket. Ask me about it (and it will speed up your case. Huh?)

:eek: :D :eek:

shaky said:
OH and from ur experience i learned , i wont ask my examiner when my oath will be. because this question really offends them u know.

It depends on how you ask the oath question :D . You can probably say something like, when do they normally schedule oath ceremonies for people after interviews... Good luck.