CSC quick email response

srohit

Registered Users (C)
I got the response in just under 6 hours. So unlike CSC. :rolleyes:

It says-
Applications are undergoing secuity checks and will be adjudicated once these checks are over. Please contact us again after 90 days.

----Officer's name----
Division 12
I-485 Unit

So I guess, this 90 days is just a buzz-word.

I mailed them this morning, on a follow up of 6 week old fax inquiry.

thanks,

I am still confused. What checks are they talking about?
Shouldn't the checks happen once they get our fingerprints? For a lot of us who have expired FP's don't they need to redo our FP's to start the check ing process again...:confused:

Originally posted by last_gasp
I am still confused. What checks are they talking about?

last_gasp,
as I understand these new checks were crafted after 9/2001, announced 06/2002, implemented 11/2002 and include name checks, background checks and NSEERS checks (erstwhile performed by custom checks).

If you try understanding INS and their work-style, all you get is confusion. :confused:

So don't worry about that, just hang in there- one day at a time.

Is there any printed information anywhere which tells you in detail what type of checks are done before approval ? How do you know about NSEERS etc.,?

Originally posted by mango_pickle
Is there any printed information anywhere which tells you in detail what type of checks are done before approval ? How do you know about NSEERS etc.,?

mango_pickle, I vaguely remember that I read this news in June2002 in some news paper and then I read about it in detail on immigration.gov, do not seem to find it now.

Name checks and background checks are done in a group of state and federal court DB and NSEERS check is done against DB maintained by custome enforcement.

thanks,

I sent an email yesterday late afternoon, and just got a reply a while ago.

I will request your file and place it in line for current adjudication.
Pls
allow 90-120 days for a response.

Thank you.

Officer Rili
Division 12
I-485 Unit

RD: Sep 2001
ND: Sep 2001
RFE Replied: July 2002
2nd FP Done: May 10, 2003