CSC I-485 **Approvals** in JUN 2004.

140_takes_4ever

Registered Users (C)
Please add any new CSC I-485 approvals to this thread. Post only approvals to this thread so that it can be used (kind of data/summary tracking) to see recent approvals.

Please help maintain this thread:
If you see any CSC I-485 approval any where on this board please post it to this thread with all the info (if it is not already posted to this thread). Please follow below guidelines while posting.
1. In the subject line, give it running serial number, member name (that got approved), and the subject line.
2. Entire text of their approval message (cut and paste including headers)
3. Please also provide a Link to that aproval thead/post (it helps a lot in maintaining summary as well as users can goto that thread to ask questions).

Also refrain from any other discussion (apart from just posting CSC I-485 approvals) in this thread so that we can keep it clean.

Links to summary pages:
PCee Mirror
PCee Summary Tracking (pceegcee.tripod.com)
Rupnet Tracking ([url]www.rupnet.com) [/URL]

Links to previous approval threads:

CSC I-485 **Approvals** in MAY 2004.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in APR 2004.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in MAR 2004.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in FEB 2004.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in JAN 2004.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in DEC 2003.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in Nov 2003.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in October 2003.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in September 2003.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in August 2003.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in July 2003.
CSC I-485 **Approvals** in June 2003.

Thanks for your co-operation and help.

#1, panacea, Approved! WAC02100xxxxx (2 apps)

Our applications were approved on June 1st according to the emails and online status. The message was a real sight for sore eyes.

Labor: EB2, applied: Jan 2001, RD: Mar 19 2001,
approved: Apr 16 2001
I-140: RD: July 30, 2001, approved: Dec 7, 2001
I-485: RD: Jan 29, 2002, ND: Jan 31, 2002
Ist FP: Done Feb 29 2001 San Francisco.
(early FP, actual appointment Mar 28)
2nd FP: Done May 20 2004, San Jose.
(early FP, actual May 28 2004)
2 APs, 2 EADs.

I was introduced to this forum by a friend who had just got his approval around the time we filed for our 485. I've been a very sporadic visitor since then, checking status occsionally. Its been a real morale booster to see posts and especially approvals!

Here are a few takeaways from my experience:

* Both my husband and I were fortunate to have the support of a really nice HR person who encouraged us to start the process early. We could have started a few months earlier which may have made a big difference in 1-485 application dates. I sent in my labor application in Jan, my husband sent in his Labor in March. While mine got approved in 4 months, his was still still stuck in Labor till end of last year (after which point he moved jobs on EAD).

Moral: Start as early as you can.

A few of our friends delayed because of various reasons - some were not sure if they wanted to stay in that particular company for long (hey those were the tail of the good times, we hadnt seen the horrors yet ), some because they wanted to get married first, others didnt realize it would be such a long process. Utimately, it doesnt matter. You should always start sooner rather than later. If you have change jobs, its fine. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

Another note on Labor from my lawyers: be descriptive about the job position without being overly specific about the exact job you are doing right now. Like use the detail to specify the duties of a software engineer (which can be applied to many software positions) instead of being
very specific about this exact position. The idea is to emphasize on your skills. This makes the labor application a little harder to write, but it will help a lot when you have to change jobs if you need to later on.

* For new I-485 applicants:
While there is promise of quicker adjudication in the
near future, dont rely on it. If you can, do
consular processing. A friend who applied the same time
I did, got aproved in CP within 6 months, while I waited
more than 2 years for AOS.

* We were fortunate not to have major hiccups along the
way -- but that was not because the lawyers did not
make mistakes, but rather because we always tried to
anticipate and correct proactively. Also, its basically
your case, and its always in your best interest to take
care of the details yourself.

* Make copies, ask for copies of approval notices, scan and
keep both soft and hard copies around for all documents.
After we started scanning and sending documents via pdf,
there was a significant improvement in how fast the various application filing processes were. Make soft copies of all your docs, transcripts, graduation certs, health records, I-94s, I-20s (if you have em), H1-B
approvals ... And make sure that not only do you have
all that your lawyer has, but also make sure your lawyer
has all that you have too - like fingerprint receipts (after completing your fingerprints), AR-11 copies etc.

* Try to keep a good realtionship with your HR. This was
critical when we wanted copies of our Labor and I-140
approval notices. The lawyers were reluctant to give
those to us, but my HR contact was extremely helpful.
I know this is useful as some folks had trouble with their
documents getting lost at various stages, and they were
stuck helpless.

* I moved jobs twice. Once because of an acquisition (almost
two years after my I-485) and once by my own choice. My
lawyers (who kept changing) used AC-21 in both cases.
This was not an issue. And, for each move, we made sure
that the new lawyers had the complete set of documents
with them.

* We moved residence last year. Both our workplaces moved
about 30 miles away and we wanted a shorter commute.
Both of us submitted AR-11 within 10 days of the move. We
sent copies of the AR-11 to our respective lawyers, who
sent in another note to USCIS about the move for specific
applications ie. our lawyers sent in a note saying, this
AR-11 was filed, this affects case WACxxxxx please update
your records. They did this for every pending application:
I-485, AP, EAD etc. We then received "receipt" notices
from USCIS to the new address informing us that the
Address on record has changed for application WACxxxx.
We also received fingerprint notices and EAD, AP approvals
to the right address. We did not face issues with AR-11.

* Fingerprinting: We did our FPs early both times. For the
first time, in SF, we got it done in the very first try. For
the 2nd FP, in SJ, we tried 3 times. The person in the desk
was very polite, she said lots of people are trying to do
early FP, they keep getting bursts of people every day - so
today there are already folks with appointment waiting, so
not possible but feel free to try again later. The third
time was the charm, @ 3:15 on a Thursday In both cases,
FBI finished the processing the same day. I got the number
for FBI (FBI Finger print check: (304) 625 5590)
from this forum (thank you). I used it only the second time.

* While the wait was very long and uncertain, I think USCIS
has made some improvements along the way: I was very glad to
have online case status check, the email notification system
and the new steps to start electronic filing of some
applications. The H1-B premium processing was a boon when I
had to change jobs. Some of my friends who started a little
later than me were very excited about concurrent filing and
the new AC21 rules. I think that though they havnt really
picked up a lot of speed in adjudication, at least they have
improved their infrastructure quite a bit. Some older folks
I know said that during their times, GC took atleast 5
years, very often 6-7 and they had much less communication
from the department than we have now. I know we should not
stop asking for even better standards, but for those
waiting, please be encouraged by the signs of improvement,
instead of being discouraged by the long wait times. And try
to focus on things that are under your control: like
spending time with your families and not letting this wait
take over your life. The difficult part is the labor and
I-140, the approval record on I-485 is very high. So try not
to stress yourself about it. Campaigns and petitions are
great, they are actionable steps. Just feeling helpless and
frustrated only makes the wait more stressful. I know a
friend who tackled his frustration by going out for a run or
taking his family out everytime he felt stressed about the
I-485. He is now quite the athelete, and has many fun
memories about the last few years

* Finally many thanks to everyone in this forum for sharing
their knowledge. I know havnt visited often enough to know
many of the active contributers, but even I know about PCee
and kashmir And many thanks to Rajiv Khanna for setting
this forum up.

* Good luck and best wishes to everybody.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128675

#2, GCGCWhereRU, Finally Approved !!!

Atlast after going through a long journey and not seeing any light in the tunnel, there came the approval (for both my wife and me). I have been going through the USCIS site more than six times a day and have been logged on to this site for more than 5 hours a day.

Special thanks to PCee, Kashmir, and others who have done unselfish work for keeping all of us informed about the status.

Now my details...

My company is based out of California.
When we started my process, we was in NC.
Labor filed on March-2001 and approved within 20 days.
I-140 filed sometime in April-2001 or May-2001 (while we were in NC) and got approved in Dec-2001 (We were in NJ).
Got our medical done in NJ (Dec-2001/Jan-2002)
I-485 had the ND and RD of 3/4/2002 (We were in TN, but we had given my friends NC address). We changed our address to Atlanta (another friends address) and got accepted on 6/1/2004.
1st FP done on APR-2002 (at TN) and 2nd done on JAN-2004 (at IL).
No RFE. Same employer.

Today morning as usual I ventured into the USCIS site and still got the same message, but around Noon (EST), the status changed to Approved and I got emails stating the same. Though I did have some error messages on the site to look at the status (errors like Null Pointer and Servelet error). But alls well that ends well.

All the remaining waiters I will keep you all in my prayers and hope you all get the approval soon. Just hang in there and have faith in yourself and things will be alright. Best of Luck.
2nd FP: JAN-04
No RFE.
AD: 6/1/04.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128685

#3, duke_of_ca, wac-02-062 / wac-02-068 approved

Hi folks,

Our I-485s have finally been approved on June 1st. We got the news from our lawyer, who received approval email from USCIS this morning, and also confirmed from the on-line inquiry . It must come out this morning because I did not see this update yesterday.

Here is our milestones:

I485s recvd on Dec. 19, 2001 (WAC02062xxxxx and WAC02068 xxxx)

1st FPs done on April. 2002

2nd FPs done on April. 2004

RFE generated on April 15, 2004
---- for principle: 3 years tax returns, pay stubs, current address proof, EVL, I140 copy (bcoz they can not find it and I-140filed at another service center)
---- for derived: proof of maintaince of status (F1), marriage proof(birth certificate of son, medical coverage), transcripts, address proof, EAD copies (there is an EAD gap and we have to show I-9 to prove no employment during this 9 days’ gap---last year the derived fully used EAD and did 2 full-time jobs and one self-employment job—certainly create some burden on proving this )

RFE replied/recvd on May 19 and May 25, 2004 for the principle and derived

----the principle applicant resigned from the sponsor company A on May 28, 2004
----the principle applicant started new job in another state with company B on June 1st, 2004

I485 appvd on Jun. 1st, 2004

We faced a very difficult time at the beginning of this year because the principle’s job was at risk and the derived also tried to graduate and find job (H1B cap reached February 04). Fortunately we handled this well and ride it out ultimately. We believe that the resignation and new job starting are well-timed before approval so that there should be no suspicious issue for our future immigration procedure.

We are happy to see this!!!

I am an occasional visitor to this forum, and the information provided by others, like silly man, I140 take 4 ever, bitterman, Kashmir, PCee…., helped us to ride out the difficult time during this long period. I hope my posts about issues regarding to F1-filing I485 were helpful for some of you. It is interesting to note that not all the immigration law practitioners know this grey area very well ).

We also thank for Rajiv’s providing such a wonderful forum for all of us.
Best wishes for all who are still waiting.

Duke

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128735

Case approved for me and my wife. God is great. I am still shocked and dazed. Will come back later and talk to you guys friends.

I thank each and all for all the contributions and support.
I NOW SURELY WILL PRAY GOD FOR ALL THE OTHERS WHO ARE VERY NEAR TO APPROVAL AND YET NOT THERE and also to those who are waiting desparately.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On June 2, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

#5, Itisi, 03023xxx APPROVED

Just to share the happy news with the forum.

One thing worth noticing: My case was touched on 05/20, 05/28 and 06/01. but online status never changed, no email notification either. But the approval notice arrived in mail. So the online status is not 100% accurate. For those people whose case is touched, expect good news soon.

RFE received 03/04
2nd FP received 04/04
Approved 05/04

Good luck to all,

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=128904

Case Approved!! WAC-02-085-*****

Friends! It is my turn to share the tears of Joy with all of you.
A few minutes ago my wife check the mail and we had 2 approval notices. It's been 2 Years + 5 Months of Wait for AOS.

We did early finger printing in Houston and our status changed in 5/4/2004. Then on 6/1/2004 the online status changed as well but the message was still about the results of the finger prints. The online status has not changed yet.

I'm an EB2 case. I did not change sponsoring company.

My lawyer sent an fax inquiry 2 weeks ago. Not sure if that had any effect.

I want to thank everybody in this forum. It has helped me keep my sanity and even if some times one may feel some of the campaigns may not help I thing they really did. It has also helped me feel usefull to participate in the middle of incertainty.

This also comes in good timing since my wife just got pregnant 6 weeks ago so we'll have a big party.

Thanks to Kashmir, 140_takes_for_ever, and all the senior members! And Rajiv for providing this space.

I'll post my stamping experience later.

I wish all the rest expedicious adjudication and keep you in our prayers!! It will come!! Don't put your life on hold because of a stupid paper.

March 2003 RD I-485 approval

EB3
Concurrent I-140/I-485 RD: 3/6/03
I-140 Approval: 6/11/03
I-485 Approval: 6/3/04

#9 needgc123 : wac-02-077 approved

Approved ( mine and my wife's ) : As per the INS website, also received an email about the change in case status ( from RFE Recvd to Approved)

wac-02-077-xxxxx
wac-02-077-xxxxx

RD : 12/31/2001
ND : 1/4/2002
RFE Issued : 5/12/2004
RFE for W-2s for 3 years, EVL and employer's ability to pay
RFE Response Recvd : 6/1/2004
AD : 6/4/2004

3 APs and 3 EADs

AC-21, switched jobs, same/similar job duties

Thanks to those who contribute in this board.

Touch dates 4/14, 5/11 and 6/7. Even though my case was approved on the 4th, the status was updated only on the 7th

Last edited by a moderator:
#10 gc0299 : WAC 02 - 099 case has been approved!!!!!!!!!!

I just have found my approval notice in my mail box!!!
My case was approved in June 3, 2004.
My update dates were : 5/04, 5/11, 6/01, and 6/04.

Thank you very very much to all, especially to the great people who did so much for us like Rajis. S. Khanna, Leila Lehman, and Kashmir. Now I run to call my people to tell them that after so much waiting, finally I made it!!!!
This is the greatest day, I wish you all fast approvals and a great life in freedom!!!

#11 gmayd - approved!!

Got approved finally.
Here are the details:
WAC02059xxxxx
1st FP 4/2002
2nd FP 2/2004
1st RFE 2/2004 (Employment letter, employer tax return, my w2 and tax return for 3 years)
2nd RFE 5/2004 (Employment letter and experience letters in original from pevious employers)
Approved 5/28
Stamped 6/7

#12 gc_thirst : Approved WAC021815****

Hi,

I wanted to share the good news that my case got approved, however got an RFE for my wife's case. Waiting for the notice to see what for the RFE is raised.

This forum really helped us to see where we are.

I would like to thank everyone and particularly our BIG BOSS RAJIV , Silly Man, kashmir,140_takes_4ever who is helping this forum to a great extent.

Here is some info about my case.

WAC021815****
Applied my 3rd EAD and AP and waiting for approval
NO RFE for me
RFE generated for my WIFE's case.

Thanks & Regards,

485 got approved.ND:- May-05-2003(WAC03163XXXXX)

485(self and spouse) got approved.(WAC03163XXXXX)

ND: May-05-2003

Checked the online status.It feels great.
Thanks for the members who helped.Good luck for those waiting

Approved!

I got approved last week. Here are some details

1-485 filed: 1-17-2002
I-485 RD: 1-28-2002
1st FP done: 3-3-2002
RFE recvd: 3-30-2004 (3 yr w2s and birth certificate)
2nd FP done: 4-9-2004
REF replied: 5-5-2004
RFE recvd by INS: 5-11-2004
case approved: 6-1-2004

I got my passport stamped at SF office this monday. It was an in and out deal. I reached the office at 1:40pm and came out at 2:30 with my passport stamped. Email me if you have any question.

# 15 WAC02100**** Approved !!!! AC21, Higher salary than LC

Oh my. Can't believe it. Returned from Disneyworld last night after 5 days of not checking my status and found that the magic email had arrived at 8.03 am EDT 8th June, saying we had been approved and the notice had been sent out on the 7th June.

Just cannot believe it. Lawyer used AC21 as hubby was working for the same co, but at a different location (CA to NJ). W2 was more than 100% greater than salary mentioned on the LC. Did not offer an explanation as to why it was different ( I was a bit nervous of not enclosing paystubs as extras, but lawyer insisted that CIS do not care that salary is greater).

56 days post RFE, Level 1 and 2 fax inquiries, phone call from CIS on 5/27 saying file was going to officer

So, this part of the journey ends - time to "join the queue" for citizenship in 4 yrs 9 months.

Bless you all and approval vibes all round *_>*^><*

spirit approved

WAC 03 022 Approved

RD & ND : 10/29/02
RFE 1: 3/10/04 (generated - EVL, W2 & Taxes)
RFE 1: 3/25/04 (received by USCIS)
FP 2: 4/7/04 (generated)
FP 2: 4/20/04 (received by USCIS)
Fax Inquiry: 5/20/04 (included I-140 Approval, I-485 receipt, Fax form and letter indicating specific pending dates etc. esp close to 60 days since RFE response received)
RFE 2: 5/21/04 (generated - photos)
RFE 2: 6/7/04 (received by USCIS)
AD : 6/9/04

Just a note: As there seems so much speculation on the online email registration system. The online system worked as it is supposed to for me. I received two emails each time it was updated when my fingerprint results were received, when RFE was generated and when RFE was received by USCIS. There was usually a few hours delay since the touch time change to when the email was received by me. The touch date changed sometime late yesterday, but the email was sent out this morning.

Good luck to all.

spirit

#17 QsGC: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaproved!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

My case has been approved. I am very happy today. Hope your cases get approved soon too!!

Good Luck.

:D :D :D :D
WAC-03-017-XXXXX
AD- 06.09.2204
2ndFP- 04.30.04
2nd RFE - 05.25.04

#19 willgetmygc: Wac-02-194-***** Approved

Folks,

Finally our I-485 got approved on June 9th. Received email and even
online status page is updated.

Thanks for everyone for their support and I wish all those waiting
will get approved as soon as possible.