CSC Dec 05 & Jan 06 I-140 Tracking

EAD approved but not received

On 3/7 CIS says they mailed the EAD documents to us. Neither myself nor my wife have receivd them (after 14 days). On the CIS website it says to call them to verify address if EAD hasn't arrived after 14 days, so I call CIS yesterday. After 30 minutes waiting loop I finally get someone on the phone who informs me wait until after 30 days (14 days would only be in case I had moved after filing the EAD). What a joke! It doesn't say that at all on the webpage - it clearly says to call if you haven't received them. Too bad also, that person said she wasn't able to look into my file - she could just see the status - 'documents mailed on 3/7'.....
How can I get to speak to a competent live person at CIS?
Also, here is another joke - if your EAD gets approved but you don't receive it, you apparently cannot apply for interim EAD anymore....- meaning wait could be much longer then. Looking at this it would seem better if EAD was still pending....

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD: Last updated date (on USCIS webpage for your case)
FP: Finger printing
AD: Approval date
RD: Received date
ND: Notice date
RFE: Request for evidence
NOI: Notice of intend to deny (not good)
dude123 said:
I would highely appreciate, if any one could explain what are all these LUD, FP etc dates.Thanks

My Signature

Perm EB-3 Approved Nov. 2005
I-140 ND: 22-Dec-2005 (CSC)
AD: ?

I-485 Long way to go.

On March 21, 2006, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

my I140 was filed in Dec and i see a update stating that the case was transferred to Texas processing center.

transferred to TSC

My I140 ND is dec 8, 2005. I got an email saying it was transferred to TSC since they have the jurisdiction on this case.

485 to VSC?

My I-140 was transferred to TSC too. I got LUD this afternoon.

Vikes, how do you know your 485 was transferred to VSC? My LUD on 485 was not changed. Mine is concurrent 140/485. Don't know what will happen when my 140 is at TSC and 485 is at nowhere?!

also I-140 transferred to TSC

Here's what they wrote on my I-140 status:

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On March 21, 2006, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in TEXAS SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Labor: Priority Date 09/04/01, EB3

I140:
Reciept Date
01/26/06

LUD
03/21/06 - Transfer to TSC
03/24/06 - ??
04/18/06 - On March 29, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER....

Approval Date
04/19/06

485: Waiting

arouncoumar said:
Labor: Priority Date 09/04/01, EB3

I140:
Reciept Date
01/26/06

LUD
03/21/06 - Transfer to TSC
03/24/06 - ??
04/18/06 - On March 29, 2006, your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER....

Approval Date
04/19/06

485: Waiting

Congrats! so you don't have a I486 pending...
it really looks like there is a pattern in the I140 approvals lately, all those people don't have a I485 pending,...

Concurrent needs FP first?

I guess I-140/I-485 concurrent filers need to complete FP first and should see I-140 and I-1485 processed at the same time. Looks like a dream?! If that's the case, God bless us all.

I just completed my FP. Wait for a blessing coming soon. I saw 01/26 even Feb case (non-concurrent though) got approval. Ours should be soon. But I wish it's concurrent.

funny also got my FP done today 5 months after I filed...

but I got a LUD on my I485 saying it would take between 850 and 900 days to be approved now...completely nuts...

sorry to dampen your enthisiasm

dabu said:
I guess I-140/I-485 concurrent filers need to complete FP first and should see I-140 and I-1485 processed at the same time. Looks like a dream?! If that's the case, God bless us all.

I just completed my FP. Wait for a blessing coming soon. I saw 01/26 even Feb case (non-concurrent though) got approval. Ours should be soon. But I wish it's concurrent.
I filed concurrently on 10/7/05,completed FP on 10/30/2005.The papers were sitting sitting nicely at CSC(hope they didn't use them for toilettory) and then comfortably transfered to TSC(they also need something for their rest room right).Like my case there are 100's of papers filed during the first week of oct'05.

srignram said:
I filed concurrently on 10/7/05,completed FP on 10/30/2005.The papers were sitting sitting nicely at CSC(hope they didn't use them for toilettory) and then comfortably transfered to TSC(they also need something for their rest room right).Like my case there are 100's of papers filed during the first week of oct'05.

yep. same for me. but in my case pd is not current. hence it doesnt mean anything.

on another note it is interesting that USCIS is advancing dates for PD for India and China each month and they havnt started issuing 485s yet. Unless, because I have not been hanging out at I 485 forums, I have missed all the action. :)