Crossing the Border again after denied entry

LS511gixxer35

I'm sorry if this is a repost but I cannot find a search on it.

My wife is trying to cross the border again after being denied entry at Pearson airport in Toronto because of a one way ticket. She will be using the Visa Waiver Program again to visit this time. She has a round trip ticket from Buffalo to San Francisco, pay stubs, an itinerary to Hawaii for a week and credit cards. Will these items be sufficient enough to cross? Or should she cross at the the Pearson airport to SF? Should she say that she's visiting her husband or just family and friends and going on vacation? I spoke to another member on this forum and it brought up many more questions. Thanks for feedbacks.

C

well i know this was posted almost a month ago and she probably already wemt through......but yeah that should be enough stuff. I was denied b4 because I had a one way ticket and I could not prove to the customs officer that I had a reason to return. so when i crossed the next time, i brought pay stubs from work and the officer gladly let me through :) he even told me that he likes it when ppl come prepared so i'm sure ur wife had no problems at all!

my wife was just denied entry because they said she was going to visit and she was staying here for 2 months and they did not let her threw they finger printed her and made her go under oath and she had a round trip ticket she just had lotta luggage because when i was there i left half my stuff and she was bringing it back for me also she had job in halifax at pizza hut and she had her bank acct
she was only going to be here for 3 months
and they told her at the border that she would need proper documentation to let her threw and they told her to file for i-130 and 2 forms g325a
that takes sooo long i can't go into canada because they told me the same but that i need to process my papers and that next time they would not let me in becasue i would need immigrant visa
i am a usa resident and applying for citizenship this month what should i do
i can't go and she can't come
and while i process citizenship it takes like 6 months to get citizenship and then like 6 months to process her with a i-130
that is a total of one year that i can't go and she can't come so now is this fair is there a law for this
apart one year or so
that is not right
what can i do !!!!
i want to be with her at least for 1 month
can she come with out her son at least hey she will have her son in canada that should be anough reason to come back to canada

So let me see if I got this right.
(1) You were refused entry into Canada on your GC since you have a Canadian wife
(2) Your wife was refused entry into the US since she has a GC holder husband
(3) You will be eligible for US citizenship this month

This is what I would advise you to do. File an I-130 for your wife immediately. Submit N-400 as soon as you are eligible. Nest time you visit Canada, carry your wife's I-130 filing receipt. This will help convince CIC agents that she will be moving to the US, and they should not fear you staying back in Canada. As soon as you become a US citizen, upgrade her I-130 petition and apply for an immigrant visa for her through the Montreal consulate.
Good luck!!!

Triple Citizen & Other Gurus-

I have a schedule citizen test but if I reveal my passport and due to lot of stamps for entery/exit on US side I am sure they will not allow me to apear in test.
Will that be ok if I tell them that my passport is lost?

SA7797,
Did you honestly mention all your trips outside Canada? If you did, then you have nothing to fear. At the most they might tally a few passport stamps with your application form.
Now if you misrepresented facts, then you have committed perjury. In that case I cannot advocate any action to cover your tracks. Sorry.