Crazy RFE

eeshwar

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
got a crazy RFE for my I 485. I was in a US School from 1997 – 1999 and did M.S. in computer engg on F1 Visa. During that time I worked part time as Graduate Assistant (20 hours per week) in my school. In 1998 I worked as Intern under part time Curricular Practical Training program for a company A for 4 months which is approved my school’s International student office.

Now, as part of the RFE, USCIS is asking evidence that “My employment with Company A (year 1998) and my employment in school (part time) is approved by the NSC”.

On back of my school’s I-20 it is typed and signed by International Student Advisor that “I am eligible to work for Company A for one semester (4 months)”. I am thinking of submitting that as evidence. When I worked for company A (part time CPT, 20 hours/week), I was on F1 visa and I did not had any EAD.

My question is, will that be sufficient as evidence or do I have to go to my school and get a letter from International student advisor stating that I was eligible to work during that time?

Is there anybody got the similar RFE or in similar situation.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Eeshwar,

I believe your I-20 should be good enough. As a part of your 485 checklist you should have mailed your I-20 Front & Back at the time of filing. I did the same at the time of my filing.

Hope this helps,

Chaks

EB2- Concurrent I-140/I-485 (Attorney filed I-485 after receipt of I-140)
I-140 RD: Sep 03
I-485 RD: Oct 03
I-140 :- Approved- April 2004
EAD2- Valid till Oct 05
AP2 - Valid till Oct 05
FP1 (Self)- May- 04
(Spouse)- June -04
LUD: May 25th 2004/June 14th 2004
I-485 AD ?????????????? :confused: :mad: :(

My wife had the same RFE. She submitted her I20 as an evidence and her case was approved immidiately.

Psinha
--------------------------------------
EB2 RIR
I485 ND - Dec 2002
I485 AD - Nov 2004

eeshwar said:
Thank you all for the reply

eeshwar,

If it is not a major inconvinience, I would still submit a letter from int'l student advisor along with i-20. why take a chance?

goodluck!

- ab