CR1- denying entry at JFK

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am US Citizen since 2010. Got married in India, Dec '11. Filed the I-130. Finally the visa, CR-1, was granted after 16 months. In these 16 months, the marriage has been a struggle. I've requested her to not come here asap till we figure out something but it looks like it may not happen.

As a last resort, could I somehow ask the immigration people at JFK not to let her in the country next Fri as she is planning on arriving? Besides ruining my record, what could be the possible consequences for me from the immigration people for doing such a thing? Thank you.

Seriously? Why would you do such thing? Let her in, divorce if you will and move on... Unless you enjoy making other people miserable :( do no harm, just move on.

Why would you want to do that, even if you disagree with her.
She would have spent a lot of money to come here and would have expectations to work things out.

If you blocked the entry, I am sure this would further deteriorate your personal life situation.

In future if you divorce and have anotehr marriage and apply for immigration benefits, I am sure this incident and visa application would be very well scrutinized.