CP versus I-485 AOS

jmishra

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, what are the pros & cons of doing Consular Processing vis-a-vis going for I-485 Adjustment of Status ?

No Title

Just go to consular processing forum and read some of the posts. For CP right now they are requiring Police Certificates For India. This could actually complicate the process, also right now it will take 6-8 months to get a interview instead of 4-6 months before.

The portability provided by AC21 does not apply to CP

If you lose your job before the consular interview, you will need to begin the GC process all over again.

Jim

CP for countries that makes the "list"

Hey,

It is very unfortunate for me that my nationality is from a country that makes the "list" even I\'m not a muslim. I have opt for CP but I\'m a little bit worried since my nationality is from a "questionable teerorist support" country.

Does anyone out there got there CP interview successful and who from the list of country listed by State Department to be in the "list"?. Is it better to go AOS instead?. My lawyer said it\'s really not much problem/ off course he is unsure (as always). Am I worrying unecessarily?.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks.

Malaysia and New Procedures at NVC?????

I\'m from Malaysia.

Somemore I heard there\'s a new pocess at NVC that requires them to review all documents for packet 3 and 4, hence increase waiting time. Someone at CP thread said that this new process only applies to case from India and vietnam. Anyone care to comment on this new process??

With things like this makes me wonder if I should just go ahead and do AOS?.

Thanks