CP In Guang Zhou, China

Thank you very much Kkimm !!!!!!

Dax

Originally posted by kkimm02
Dax:

I know this reconfirmation letter is a big headache, what makes it worse is that they sent it to your lawyer, my lawyer wouldn't gave me the letter but just said they send it back, at about the same time, I had sent my self-drafted letter back, by Fedex and Fax...

When I spoke with NVC rep, I was told they received from the lawyer, so I guess mine didn't help at all.

I was told if your address is in the US, they will send this letter no matter if you have a G-28 (lawyer or agent).

The letter should include your case no.(which you can get from NVC), and your INS case number, your name, and dependents names, and your address.

good luck!

Progress at GZ

Based on the information I gathered from different sources so far, I have come to the following conclusions about the situation at GZ at this moment.

1. It will be a permanent procedure that all the approved applicants for an immigration visa to go through a namecheck before a visa could actually be issued.

2. GZ takes consideration of the people already in US and will do the namecheck for them prior to scheduling an interview hence eliminate the delay after a successful interview

3. However, the exact time to complete such a namecheck is unclear at this point simply because that GZ and DOS just started this new clearance. A reasonable estimate would be 3 to 6 weeks, which is quite similar to the old clearance. I will post the progress on my case as it is currently going through this clearance.

4. I am not able to find similiar procedures being implemented at any other consulates, such as Moscow or Cario. It's very hard to understand why GZ has been chosen as a testing consulate since Chinese has never posed any security threat to any country throughout the history of human being.

5. A new clearance has been implemented by DOS for all the student visa applicants. To be specific, all the consulates now are required to use an online system to confirm each applicant with the resposible education insistutue before a student visa could be issued. This will result a delay for all the student visa appliants from all over the world.

6. Keep the hope up, maintain a good character, and do good. Remember: you can't predict but you can prepare.

Thanks for your information.

It seems to me there is a big backlog for recently implemented "name-check" issue at GZ, and it might take
longer for people in the US to get an interview.

I don't think that China has been singled out for this kind of security procedure, but I would rather guess lack of facilities (like computers have access to the "database") and trained staff are the cause.

the fact is

GZ has been chosen to test this new clearance for immigration visa.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the factors you mentioned. The exact reason why GZ has been chosen, I belive, is only to be known to very few people at the Department of State. I don't want to speculate on that...

It is also unlcear, at this point of time, when they will make this check standard for all consulates as they did to student visa.

Need Help on DS-230 Part I

I need help on DS230 Part I

22) List below all employment for last ten years ?
- On Location do I have to write down
whole address or city,state & zip only ?
- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
Do I have to write down only month-year or mm-dd-yyyy?

25)List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the US.
Guys I am confused what I have to write for my wife.
she came with me on H4 & she went India for short visit
and then came back & still on H4.
Do I have to mention in Point # 25?

*Lot of place there are dates like FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)
Do I have to only month and year or full date i.e. mm-dd-yyyy?
* Also Location means Do I have to write down whole address or
City/state/zip/country.

Please help on this as i am in process of filling DS-230 Part-I.

Thanks

Dax

answers

- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)

--->
City and state should be fine. I did put down the entire address, but ppl had no problem with only city and state.

Month and year is fine.

--->
Yes. All visits to USA should be listed.

City/state/zip/country.

--->
Same as answer 1.

Thanks

Re: answers

Thanks a lot !!!! ?You vincentforever always give answers of my questions !!!

These will help me a lot !!!!

Dax

Originally posted by vincentforever
- FROM/TO(MM-YYYY)

--->
City and state should be fine. I did put down the entire address, but ppl had no problem with only city and state.

Month and year is fine.

--->
Yes. All visits to USA should be listed.

City/state/zip/country.

--->
Same as answer 1.

Thanks

Update from Depart of State

"Press Statement
Richard Boucher, Spokesman
Washington, DC
September 24, 2002

Visa Security Reviews

Since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the State Department has been engaged with other U.S. government agencies in an extensive and ongoing review of visa issuing procedures as they relate to the security of our borders and our nation. As a result, some visa applicants worldwide have been subject to additional background and security checks coordinated with the U.S. law enforcement and security community. Applicants were informed when their applications were subject to delay.

As a result of improved interagency and automated procedures, the Department of State last week sent authorization to consular posts worldwide to issue visas to more than 10,000 visa applicants following mandatory security reviews. Many foreign students, business people and other travelers whose visa applications have been subject to the security procedure known as "Visas Condor" will now see speedier visa adjudications.

"Visas Condor" is a program under which posts abroad submit names of visa applicants subject to further analysis by appropriate U.S. government agencies. In the future, these security reviews are expected to take less than a month from the time of visa application.

The primary responsibility of consular officers is to carry out U.S. law and to ensure that applicants to whom they issue visas will not pose a threat to the safety and security of the United States. This must take precedence over other considerations in adjudicating visa applications. There is no automatic entitlement to a U.S. visa. All visas are subject to the requirements of U.S. visa and immigration law.

The Department of State does everything possible to meet the legitimate needs of prospective travelers to the United States, consistent with our security responsibilities. However, individuals who do not build in ample time before their planned travel date to obtain a visa may be inconvenienced.

[End]

Released on September 24, 2002"

Good news!
Looks like things are moving!

Hi Folks,

Let's keep this thread alive.

From my understanding, the CP will take 7 months or more after I140 approved. Is that correct?

Any updates from GuangZhou?

vincent did you contact GZ recently?

you case has been pending for more than 1 month after the new procedure, did you have some reply from GZ on the time frame of security clearance?

Visa fee

Hi, everybody

My wife is Chinese, and she has won DV-2003. (I am from Europe, that's how she qualified). We likely will be going to Guangzhou to have our interviews next year. I've noticed from their web site that the immigration visa issuance fee is RMB559, while everywhere else in the world is $335. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

georgep

I think you misunderstood something here.
The 559 RMB is for issuing you the visa, and the $335 is for processing your case. As for most of the people, $335 should be submitted to National Visa Center.
I am not quite sure abut your specific situation, so it may be different.

Re: Visa fee

Is your wife from China - Mainland? I guess Mainland is not eligible for the lottery. If not, I guess you need to pick up another consulate other than Guangzhou such as HongKong.

Take care.

Originally posted by georgep
Hi, everybody

My wife is Chinese, and she has won DV-2003. (I am from Europe, that's how she qualified). We likely will be going to Guangzhou to have our interviews next year. I've noticed from their web site that the immigration visa issuance fee is RMB559, while everywhere else in the world is $335. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Did anyone received approval recently in Guanzhou?

hi,
I am thinking about doing a AC 140 in Guang Zhou and my lawyer told me that recently there is no approval from that consulate. I wonder what is the reason for this situation. If it is a delay caused by paperwork then it should be fine.

dejun

direct consular filling with Guangzhou

Does anybody know if you can file Direct Consular Filling for I130 petition for parents if you are a US citizen? I searched the BSCI website, the following is what they mentioned:

"Immediate Relative Immigrant Petitions (Form I-130):
Immediate relative petitions are accepted from U.S. citizens with proof of residency within this consular district only. Additionally, petitions are only accepted for visa categories that are current. Petitions must be filed in person by the petitioner and/or beneficiary(ies). Please see Frequently Asked Questions for additional information. "

It is unclear to me if that means GZ consular office accept direct filling of I130. From what I gathered from reading other post, direct consular filling would be much faster than filling I-130 with one of the service center (NVC in my case). If this is possible, I guess I can make myself live in China for a while to qualify the residency within GZ consular district requirement.

Thanks,

-Angela