CP in Chennai how long for Parents ?

Jen,
We called the 800 number for the SS office. They looked up on their system and said they had no record of any application for my wife, told us to go to the local SS office and apply again. So we drove over, waited couple of hours and applied. Now we wait a couple more weeks :mad:

It won't be long azguy. For my Mom when we went to the SS office to apply for SSN we got it within 3 or 4 weeks.

Notice from USCIS

My Dad got a notice from USCIS that they've received the immigration packet. It says if he doesn't hear from them within the next 30 days, he can contact USCIS customer service. This notice has a A# printed on the top.

Az - Did your wife get this notice preceding the GC itself? If you did, do you remember how long after getting this notice did she get her GC? Thanks.

Jen,
I think that the notice you are referring to is the Welcome notice. My wife did get the Welcome notice approximately a couple of weeks after she arrived here. For some reason (probably a glitch), she received 4 such notices during that week. She received her GC about two weeks after the notice.

Thanks much, azguy for the prompt response.

Yes, it is the Welcome Notice. Hoping to get the GC or some other info from USCIS in the next two weeks.

I can't begin to say how useful this forum is, at times like this, when some one has a question. Once again, thank you!

Received GC

Really happy to share the news :)

My Dad got his GC y'day. Much like az's wife, he got the card within one month of arrival. No word on the follow-up medical test yet. I'm hoping to be less paranoid about this issue now that he has received his GC ;)

It's funny he got another Welcome letter y'day in a separate envelope.

Good luck to Jyo & Visaapp for the rest of the process.
Thanks everyone for being so helpful thro-out the process.

Jen,

Congratulations! Yes, you should forget about follow-up medical test. :)

Thanks. Still waiting for interview date. Mumbai is behind in psting Feb schedule on website.

Great to hear the good news, Jen. Congratulations! You can stop worrying now.

Thank you for your wishes. This forum has indeed been an immense source of information, and support. I am now waiting for my mother to safely arrive here in Feb.

Visaapp, hope your parents get their interview appointment soon.

Congratulations Jen ! Looks like your worries are finally over.

Jyo and Visaapp, good luck to you and parents.

GC interview in Bombay consulate

Rcvd a letter mid Nov'06 that my parents paperwork got forwarded to Bombay. No interview letter from the Bombay Consulate yet. Any experience out there for somebody from Bombay who has gone through this process??

Thanks!

hawk123 said:
Rcvd a letter mid Nov'06 that my parents paperwork got forwarded to Bombay. No interview letter from the Bombay Consulate yet. Any experience out there for somebody from Bombay who has gone through this process??

Thanks!

We are in similar situation. We did not get interview in Feb. I was surprised. I did some investigation and found that atleast a few cases that were transferred after ours got interview in Feb but at the same time some cases that were transferred in Oct are getting interview in Feb also. Anyway, I sent an email to Mumbai consulate and they replied saying that they hope to schedule our interviews in March.

Hopefully, we all will get interviews in March. Keep us posted.

Seems like Mumbai is somewhat inefficient/haphazard compared to Chennai. Jen, AZ, Jyotsna all got their interviews in Chennai about 2 months after transfer of case.

AZ and Jyotsna, thanks for your wishes.

VisaApp, Jyo & AZ -

Thanks very much guys, for all the support and wishes. We're slowly trying to come to terms with no medical test, after the initial (dumb) scare. :)

VisaApp - Like you said, you must keep following up with the Mumbai consulate about the interview. Keep sending them enough emails and someone there would remember and probably schedule your parents interview. I don't know if this is pushing it too far (and only if you want to do it), but what about the possibility of getting the name of the person who's responsible for scheduling interviews and following up with him/her directly. Oct cases getting interview in Feb, seems like undue delay.

Jyo - Good luck with your Mom's arrival & processing at POE. Feb's getting closer and hopefully ev'thing would be easy for her.
Please keep us posted.

az - Any news on the SSN yet?

Jen and Az,
Thank you very much for your wishes. Since my mother is flying British Airways, with the imminent cabin crew strike, things are very uncertain at the moment. I'm hoping for the best. Will let you know how it goes.

jenimmi said:
VisaApp, Jyo & AZ -

Thanks very much guys, for all the support and wishes. We're slowly trying to come to terms with no medical test, after the initial (dumb) scare. :)

VisaApp - Like you said, you must keep following up with the Mumbai consulate about the interview. Keep sending them enough emails and someone there would remember and probably schedule your parents interview. I don't know if this is pushing it too far (and only if you want to do it), but what about the possibility of getting the name of the person who's responsible for scheduling interviews and following up with him/her directly. Oct cases getting interview in Feb, seems like undue delay.

Jyo - Good luck with your Mom's arrival & processing at POE. Feb's getting closer and hopefully ev'thing would be easy for her.
Please keep us posted.

az - Any news on the SSN yet?

Jen,
we haven't received the SSN yet. We had applied about 3 weeks ago. My wife had called them about a couple of days ago, they told her they had just mailed it, so we should be getting it anyday.

Please help...Newbie...Chennai IV for mother

Folks.

I have sent in the I-864 and the $380 to NVC

Now for DS-230 part I...what should I prepare?
What do I need from my mother...I want to make it ready...like photos....signature on the form...etc. Please help me out here.

Regarding PCC...can I start the process now....my mother received her passport two years back.

I do not have a marriage certificate or birth certificate for my mother...
What should I do?

Dan

Folks.

I have sent in the I-864 and the $380 to NVC

Now for DS-230 part I...what should I prepare?
What do I need from my mother...I want to make it ready...like photos....signature on the form...etc. Please help me out here.

If you can download the form on a two-sided sheet like the original that NVC sends, you can use it to get your mother's signature beforehand.

Regarding PCC...can I start the process now....my mother received her passport two years back.

Sure, you can get the PCC from the passport office and the local police station, since they are valid for a year.

I do not have a marriage certificate or birth certificate for my mother...
What should I do?

Your mother does not need a marriage certificate. To replace the birth certificate, she will need a non-availability certificate from her place of birth, and two notarized affidavits from relatives older than her.

Mother arrived yesterday

An update:

My mother finally arrived yesterday on her immigrant visa. She had a totally uneventful entry. Her sealed envelope was taken, her passport was stamped for a year, and her index fingerprints were taken. The officer said that she will receive her green card in the mail within six months.

Our ordeal is finally over. Thanks to everyone on his forum who were with me through this process, especially Jenimmi, Azguy and Visaapplicant.

Good luck to everyone who is still in the midst of this long process!

Jyotsna

Thanks Joytsnar.

I will start the ground work.

One more....regarding medical....my mother does have a history of immunization records...any suggesstion?

Secondly, what is the probability of her visa being rejected. Her tourist visa was rejected 4 times...any things I should be aware of? thanks dude.

entry to US

An update:

My mother finally arrived yesterday on her immigrant visa. She had a totally uneventful entry. Her sealed envelope was taken, her passport was stamped for a year, and her index fingerprints were taken. The officer said that she will receive her green card in the mail within six months.

Our ordeal is finally over. Thanks to everyone on his forum who were with me through this process, especially Jenimmi, Azguy and Visaapplicant.

Good luck to everyone who is still in the midst of this long process!

Jyotsna

Hello Jyotsna & all~

Congratulations on your moms safe arrival. I have been following this thread closely for quick reference , though my consulate is in Manila. My parents are comming here Early April, first time immigrant... i was worried since they never been abroad and their english is very limited. I am wondering if they will have a hard time at the port of entry. Are they subjected for interview or things like that? Due to my current situation I wont be able to travel so they have to come alone.... thanks for any input

Abby