Copies of Passport

worldmonitor_1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got an RFE from VSC for clear passport copies. Can I scan, print and send them. or Do I have to use Xreox machine to make copies...

Thanks
World

Last edited by a moderator:
worldmonitor_1 said:
Hi,

I got an RFE from VSC for clear passport copies. Can I scan, print and send them. or Do I have to use Xreox machine to make copies...

Thanks
World
copy all pages[including blank] of pp and send it to VSC

worldmonitor_1 said:
Hi,

Thanks
World
----- if it is for I-485 then go to Staples or Kinko and get Clear copies of your passport first page that has your name, DOB, photographs, passport# and all the pages that have US visa or US entry stapms and the last page that has your father name or spouse name or monther name on it ( they dont need copy of Blank pages and it will not hurt if you send) FYI you needed to send copy of passport pages when you filed your I-485, I hope you missed it or your lawyer did not attach PP copies with I-485

Last edited by a moderator:
ginnu said:
FYI you needed to send copy of passport pages when you filed your I-485, I hope you missed it or your lawyer did not attach PP copies with I-485

Is that on the form's instructions? I never sent anything more than the passport number and had no problems at all.

TheRealCanadian said:
Is that on the form's instructions? I never sent anything more than the passport number and had no problems at all.

I believe they check for all countries visited from the passport so they may require all pages of pp. :confused:

jacquelina said:
we had to send all pages from current and previous passport ( we had a US visa on old passport too)
absolutely. I also sent all pages from new and old pp for my and my spouse applications.

Thanks for the responses. When you mention "we had to" send in the passport pages, was this a USCIS requirement or an attorney requirement?

TheRealCanadian said:
Thanks for the responses. When you mention "we had to" send in the passport pages, was this a USCIS requirement or an attorney requirement?
I'm not sure if USCIS requires all pages of pp. My attorney dosen't send applications without all pages. They say USCIS checks for all visas in the pp so all pages in pp are required.

My Question

My Question was, whether I have to make Xerox copies (or) scanned and printed ones are Ok to send....

Did anybody send Scanned and printed copies as opposed to Xerox copies...

Thanks
World

Scan and print or Xerox, the outcome is the same. All you have to make sure is that the output is clear, the photo is not too dark or too light, all Visas are clearly legible. How you do it is upto you. In my view, scanning is time consuming and results may vary so a good xerox machine at staples or kinkos should do the job.