continuous residency

Chicagodesi

Registered Users (C)
continuous residency(N-400)

I have a questions for all the experts out there....
There are quite a few posts about continuous residency.
If someone leaves USA (US doesnt stamp passport) in June and then when he comes back in December, his passport gets stamped i.e. ENTRY DEC 2003. If there is no EXIT stamp on the passport, how will they verify the time spent outside the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stamp in Passport

Wow JoeF I never knew that it was OK not to get your passport stamped. Back in 1998, I re-entered the US and my passport was never stamped.

I was worried that in my upcoming interview, that missing stamp might destroy my continuous residence...so I can just tell them my passport wasn't stamped? I think I will take the other proof I have (all itineraries, no boarding pass though :() just in case...

This begs another question...when I go to the interview, are they going to look at the last 5 years from my interview date or my priority date. If they are looking at my interview date, I don't even need to worry about the 1998 trip (since we are in 2004 at this point)...

Thanks!

Ratrat

4 years and 1 day

I guess my question is, when they look at your eligibility, they will include the 1 year elapsed from PD to Interview?

So If I have my interview in March 2004, will they include the time from March 2003 (PD) to March 2004 (Interview) as part of my physical presence and continuous residency requirements?

Or do they only look at eligibility until the March 2003 date?

Thanks!

Ratrat