contacting senators:

gheewalabhai888

Registered Users (C)
May be try something different this time. Please post if you have contacted your local senators and received any results or no results.

I contacted my local Congressman (Seattle) and here's his email response. I have been in communication with him clarifying that I am looking for him to confirm that a problem exists rather assure me that he will do something about it.

-Aravind

Dear Aravind:

I received the additional correspondence that you sent to me regarding your adjustment of status case.

I receive regular reports from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) Northern Service Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. These reports generally give an accurate estimate of the expected processing time than you will find on a Notice of Action. The most recent report, dated December 8, 2003 indicates that they are working on employment based adjustment cases that were received there on or before August 27, 2001. Accordingly, since your case was received on November 27, 2002 it may take 15 months or more before CIS decides your case. As you may know, reports containing the current processing dates for pending immigration petitions are now available at http://www.uscis.gov on the CIS web site.

As I have indicated in my previous letter to you, I understand that immigration delays place a difficult burden on immigrants and their families as well as businesses. At a recent meeting, CIS staff indicated that it remains their goal to adjudicate all petitions in 180 days or less. Clearly, the information indicated above regarding current processing time shows that CIS if far short of this goal. At the same time, with regard to an individual case, it would not be possible to ask CIS to take any one case out of order ahead of all the others waiting in line. If your case goes beyond the current processing date, however please do not hesitate to contact me.

Could you give the name for the Congressman?

I'm also from Seattle. Could you give the name of the senator?

"At a recent meeting, CIS staff indicated that it remains their goal to adjudicate all petitions in 180 days or less."

Yeah, but they forgot to mention that this will happen only after March 24, 2076.......

Originally posted by ganapath
I contacted my local Congressman (Seattle) and here's his email response. I have been in communication with him clarifying that I am looking for him to confirm that a problem exists rather assure me that he will do something about it.

-Aravind

Dear Aravind:

I received the additional correspondence that you sent to me regarding your adjustment of status case.

I receive regular reports from US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) Northern Service Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. These reports generally give an accurate estimate of the expected processing time than you will find on a Notice of Action. The most recent report, dated December 8, 2003 indicates that they are working on employment based adjustment cases that were received there on or before August 27, 2001. Accordingly, since your case was received on November 27, 2002 it may take 15 months or more before CIS decides your case. As you may know, reports containing the current processing dates for pending immigration petitions are now available at http://www.uscis.gov on the CIS web site.

As I have indicated in my previous letter to you, I understand that immigration delays place a difficult burden on immigrants and their families as well as businesses. At a recent meeting, CIS staff indicated that it remains their goal to adjudicate all petitions in 180 days or less. Clearly, the information indicated above regarding current processing time shows that CIS if far short of this goal. At the same time, with regard to an individual case, it would not be possible to ask CIS to take any one case out of order ahead of all the others waiting in line. If your case goes beyond the current processing date, however please do not hesitate to contact me.

This will probably do no good, but how about telling the gentleman from washington (Is it Mr. McDermott by any chance?) that the current processing date is an absurd metric used by INS to stonewall inquiries as evidenced by the fact that it has not budged from Aug. 2001 for the past year and half.

What a lark!:eek: :eek:

i said exact same thing to my lawyer, when (s)he sounded like the official spokes person of the BCIS!
just 'n fair

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I am surprised that Ganapath has already corresponded twice with the senator although his notice date is Oct 27, 2002 and knowing well from the information on this forum that cases in Jan-Mar or so are being approved currently.

The senator appears quite polite although he does not think he should do anything about it. Or, may be that's what makes him a politician.

The Senator is Jay Inslee.

The reason I contacted him was not for personal reasons. I know from the RD that I have a long ways to go. But I contacted him as part of mailing the petition to congressmen across the country on behalf of all members of this Immiration portal. The more members of the Congress we contact and make them aware of the sorry state of affairs at BCIS, the more the chances they will bring this issue up in their next session.

-Aravind

Try giving him or other senators

you have contacted a copy of "rupnet" printout. And ask them to attach with their correspondence with the NSC. There are real cases that are getting adjudicated from March April 2002 at this moment. It would be interesting to read the replies from them. They may say each case is different, but, if they say that then, we can send them with some "compiled" LIVE cases that proves
them wrong, and reveal, who is standing on a line and who is jumping out of the line,

" it would not be possible to ask CIS to take any one case out of order ahead of all the others waiting in line. "