congratulation letter?

davli024

Registered Users (C)
the case worker from my senator's office emailed me and confirmed my GC approval. and also she said:" if you haven't received congratulation letter, you will receive it soon"...

what is this congratulation letter? should I receive one? I never heard of it, the only thing I received is the approval notice.

any inputs? Thanks a lot!!!!!

Congratulation letter, indeed a Congratulation letter, getting GC is a very very big achievement you ought to get a congratulation letter.

Originally posted by davli024
the case worker from my senator's office emailed me and confirmed my GC approval. and also she said:" if you haven't received congratulation letter, you will receive it soon"...

what is this congratulation letter? should I receive one? I never heard of it, the only thing I received is the approval notice.

any inputs? Thanks a lot!!!!!

Was the senator of any help? If so, details, Plz.

If you received your approval notice, then the letter you will receive is a congrats letter from the senator's office.

Re: edison,

what is the welcome letter than? should I get one?

I heard that usually you get that with your card or with approval notice. In what way does it matter? Is it worth to welcome a person to US formally after being in this country for so many years. Just ignore the welcome /congratulation note.

Welcome letter?

what is the welcome letter than? should I get one?

After interview and approval on July 22 there was no communication from INS other than an approval letter from the local INS office to facilitate passport stamping. On 10/10/03 we recd a welcome notice from INS with a new EAC# for aplication type I181. We recd the same welcome notice again on 10/12/03. Both these stated that it would take about 3 weeks for us to receive the plastic card. Received the plastic card on 10/14/03.
The funny part was that the ND for this welcome notice was 05/10/2003 and RD was 07/23/2003. I was interviewed & approved only on July 22nd so how can ND be 05/10/2003. Beats me!! Never try to analyze INS.

Here is the online message for the I181 application

Receipt Number: EAC031835xxxx

Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 9, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.