confusion

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i've a very basic question.

I am from EB3 india priority date in 2003. I had my first fingerprint taken in february 2005. I was expecting to go for finger printing again in february 2006 and waiting for finger print notice. Today i talked to my lawyer and he told me that for GC application you give finger print only once. You don't have to renew your finger print every year the way you renew your EAD and advance parole. Is it correct?

Gurus please reply.

Thanks

programmer76 said:
Hi,

i've a very basic question.

I am from EB3 india priority date in 2003. I had my first fingerprint taken in february 2005. I was expecting to go for finger printing again in february 2006 and waiting for finger print notice. Today i talked to my lawyer and he told me that for GC application you give finger print only once. You don't have to renew your finger print every year the way you renew your EAD and advance parole. Is it correct?

Gurus please reply.

Thanks

Dear Friend,
I was told that the FP expires in every 15 months and Since I filed my 485 (Jul'03), I have FP'ted 2 times...so..you may like to question the same the your Lawyer.

Thanks

bangla babu,

I asked my lawyer this. my lawyer told me that after the first finger print your file is moved to other place in system. If in this process there are some problems or if your file is corrupted then only they call you for second FP. May be 1 out of 10 cases a person is called for second finger printing.

Other folks please respond and put some light on this.

Thanks

I have heard that FPs expire every 18 months (1.5 yrs). I have done FP in Nov/2004 and am expecting the notice anytime. I have been on this message board long enough that I know that lot of people have take repeat FPs until there GC was approved.

programmer76 said:
bangla babu,

I asked my lawyer this. my lawyer told me that after the first finger print your file is moved to other place in system. If in this process there are some problems or if your file is corrupted then only they call you for second FP. May be 1 out of 10 cases a person is called for second finger printing.

Other folks please respond and put some light on this.

Thanks
I'd recommend being very careful with this lawyer and use him only if he costs you nothing. USCIS schedules second FP on routine basis after first FP expire.
You can look for statistics how many people got second FP at various trackers, including ones at this forum.
I personally got two + one biometrics after approval notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if lawyer says whatever he wants to! Its BCIS who will issue notice and if you have taken in feb 04 its not yet 15 months. ....

Hi folks ,

thank you all for your valuable feedback. I think you folks know about these issues better than my lawyer. He is not my lawyer but i've to deal with him beause he represents our company. when i asked these finger print questions before answering me he did use these words.." you might be knowing about these issues more than me but here is my answer!"
can you believe it??!!!

After reading your replies my understanding now is that bcis won't send the second finger print notice before the first one expries. am i correct? Or there might be some cases where bcis sent second FP notice just after couple of months after first finger prints have been taken?

If by any chance a person misses a finger print appointment because of lost mails or whatever reasons what happens to his case? I read my first finger print notice and it saysthe case will be abandoned in case finger print appointment is missed. Is there a way to resolve this issue just in case you miss your finger print appointment?

Relax

Both you and your lawyer will get FP notice. So, even if you miss, he will know and inform you. So, relax and let USCIS send you the FP notice if they think it expired.

TXasian said:
Both you and your lawyer will get FP notice. So, even if you miss, he will know and inform you. So, relax and let USCIS send you the FP notice if they think it expired.

Programmer 76:
At the top of that you need not to start worrying in advance. If BCIS will need your FP, they will send you the notice, just follow their instruction. If you have stable mailing address and you have not moved much from one place to another, you will get the notice as and when issued to you. Be optimistic. Good Luck

Or there might be some cases where bcis sent second FP notice just after couple of months after first finger prints have been taken?
They requested biometrics to be taken on 9 month after previous (2nd) ones in our approval notices. The first biometrics clearly didn't expire; it was the same procedure... Probably they just wanted recent photo for plastic.

USCIS typically issues first FP(biometrics) notice shortly after receiving the case. When they actually starting to work on it they can discover that FP are obsolete (older then 18? months) and request the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone.this forum is great. I wish lawyers (especially my company's) also visit this so that they know what this is all about!

After reading all the replies my conclusion is that after the first finger print expires they can call you again for second finger printing but its up to them whether to call you or not.

I will appreciate if gurus can reply this last question.

If by any chance a person misses a finger print appointment because of whatever reasons what happens to his case? I read my first finger print notice and it says the case will be abandoned in case finger print appointment is missed. Is there a way to resolve this issue just in unfortunate circumstances you miss your finger print appointment? Or you lose your GC battle because you missed a finger print date?