• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Confused

drsabry

Registered Users (C)
The answer to my question can probably be found somewhere in the FAQ but I'm too confused.

I got my green card thru the DV program February 2006.

I should be gettimg married during July 2007 to a Egyptian citizen who doesn't have any type of visa to the US.

How can she come to me? When can I apply for her green card? Can this be done before marriage?

How long will it take her to come to the US with any kind of visa?

Since you already have a GC, you can sponsor her after marriage for a GC. However it will take 4-6 years before she will get her GC. Since she will be married to a GC holder, she will rule out other non-immigrant visas, except H-1B and L-1A/B, while awaiting her GC.

What if she gets a B1/B2 Visa now, before we get married? Will she be able to enter the US with me and stay until she gets her GC?

If not and we have to wait for the GC for 5 years, how will she be able to enter the US? I heard something about the V1 visa?

What if she gets a B1/B2 Visa now, before we get married? Will she be able to enter the US with me and stay until she gets her GC?
theoretically, she could enter on B1/2. She could also be turned away at the border, since she is married to a GC holder and that alone shows immigrant intent.

She cannot stay in the US legally until she gets her GC. B1/2 status is only good for 6 months, extendable once for another 6 months (wouldn't recommend it). She needs to maintain her non-immigrant status for about 5-6 years (or until you become a citizen) before she can apply for adjustment of status.

2 Questions here:
1. How else can she enter the states to live with me, if she shouldn't use a B1/B2 and the GC takes 4 years???

2. Will they ask at the border if she is married, if her husband has a GC?

1. How else can she enter the states to live with me, if she shouldn't use a B1/B2 and the GC takes 4 years???
H1 or L1 are the only options pretty much

2. Will they ask at the border if she is married, if her husband has a GC?
they may, and she can't lie. It's better to be turned away on a basis of a suspision of immigrant intent for a short time, than to be turned away for lying to the officer with a life-time long ban.

U.S. Citizenship

The answer to my question can probably be found somewhere in the FAQ but I'm too confused.

I got my green card thru the DV program February 2006.

I should be gettimg married during July 2007 to a Egyptian citizen who doesn't have any type of visa to the US.

How can she come to me? When can I apply for her green card? Can this be done before marriage?

How long will it take her to come to the US with any kind of visa?
If you wait a few more years, you can apply for U.S citizenship and then sponsor your wife as the wife of a U.S. citizen. The immigration path will be much quicker for her then. In the meantime, get married and enjoy marital bliss and the immigration stuff will fall into place.