Confused: Please Help

vsaxena

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am looking for an advice. I am confused whether I should apply for my 2nd EAD and AP or not.

I am currently working for H1 (valid till 19th Jan 2010) and have NO plan for using EAD. My current EAD and AP are valid till 7/17/08.

My priority date is current as of Jan 1st 2008. I am EB3 ROW (using cross chargeability). Recently I received an RFE for my I485 (employment authorization verification) and have submitted response on 4th March 2008. After submitting the response to RFE I have received soft LUDs on the following dates.

3/5/08
3/6/08
3/17/08
3/18/08

Now there is a chance that I may see approval very soon but you never no especially dealing with USCIS. It may be delayed for some unknown reason.

Even though I don’t have any plan to use EAD card but if need to travel them I need the AP. I have used my first AP recently.

Should I apply for EAD and AP? It is going to cost about 1.5K for me and my wife.

Can I Apply EAD after 2-3 months? But this may cause an GAP in two EAD cards. Is it an issue?

Can I just apply for AP to cover the emergency?

Please help me.

VS

#1 Should I apply for EAD and AP? It is going to cost about 1.5K for me and my wife.

PERSONAL DECISION. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY, DO IT. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT FUTURE MAY BRING.

#2 Can I Apply EAD after 2-3 months? But this may cause an GAP in two EAD cards. Is it an issue?

NO.

#3 Can I just apply for AP to cover the emergency?

YES.