Confused - Help me make the decision!

dreamon24

Help me!
I am just about to apply for GC (mostly in EB2 perm - BE+ 7YR EXP. I am on L1B)
I browsed lot of websites/forums but there seems to be no consistency in information. I know its hard ( almost impossible) but can anyone guess how many years Minium & Maximum it will take to get my GC (assuming everything is approved and all that).
I read a lot about Priority Date - I guess you cannot apply for I485 untill your Priority Date becomes current.
BUT BUT is it always always true in all the cases? or are there any unexplained exceptions?
If minimum time is 4+ years - I am out of it - I dont need a damn GC! Please help me make the decision!

Help me!
I am just about to apply for GC (mostly in EB2 perm - BE+ 7YR EXP. I am on L1B)
I browsed lot of websites/forums but there seems to be no consistency in information. I know its hard ( almost impossible) but can anyone guess how many years Minium & Maximum it will take to get my GC (assuming everything is approved and all that).
I read a lot about Priority Date - I guess you cannot apply for I485 untill your Priority Date becomes current.
BUT BUT is it always always true in all the cases? or are there any unexplained exceptions?
If minimum time is 4+ years - I am out of it - I dont need a damn GC! Please help me make the decision!

Based on the current visa bulletin, you would have a 6 year or so wait (assuming you are from India or China). You need to be careful though since these times change month to month. If you had applied in the EB-2 category six years ago (in 2003) you most likely would have had a green card in 1-2 years. Sometimes priority dates leap forward rapidly and sometimes they go backwards. Just because the priority date is 6 years back this month does not mean it will take six years for you to obtain a green card.

Jim Mills
941-323-3711