conditional PR moving coz of job

bolapr

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got my conditional GC in sept 09 and finally after a long time I got a job but this job is in another state couple of hours from where I live now. My wife(sponsored by GC) has a great job here from many many years and she does not want to move. So I will be the only person moving. However she suggested I stay at her mother's vacant house when I move for my job. So my question is if I move how is this going to affect me when I try to remove my conditions next year? and what are the things I need to do so I don't face any complications when I apply for removal of condition. Please advice. Thanks

bolapr,

The primary goal when filing I-751 is to establish a bonafide marriage. Moving away from your USC wife doesnt necessarily mean you'll fail to establish such evidence, but it will raise some concerns with your case, especially for the fact that you've had your GC for only 5 months. Immigration could be understanding (especially at the present economic situation) but also could get very complicated. It's a case-by-case scenario.

When i went for the AOS interview with my wife, we had almost no evidence except for pictures and some affidavits, and we lived in separate states because we were still students. However, the IO was (Praise God!) understanding enough and saw that our graduations were aligned together. It also helped that we come from the same cultural and religious background.
So as i mentioned, it's a case-by-case thing. Just make sure you have PLENTY of solid evidence to make up for separate residence. Financial matters are equally important, if not more important.

Everything is going to remain the same our finances such as joint bank accounts, joint lease, heath and car insurance, utilities etc..the company also has my present address so my pay stubs will have my current address. Also, the house that I will be living in already has all the utilities in my mother- in- laws name. So the only way USCIS will know is if I tell them that I'm living there. So I really don't know what I should do or how it works. Also, we are planning to file joint taxes the following year. talking about taxes can she claim me as dependent when she files her 2009 taxes this year?

Everything is going to remain the same our finances such as joint bank accounts, joint lease, heath and car insurance, utilities etc..the company also has my present address so my pay stubs will have my current address. Also, the house that I will be living in already has all the utilities in my mother- in- laws name. So the only way USCIS will know is if I tell them that I'm living there. So I really don't know what I should do or how it works. Also, we are planning to file joint taxes the following year. talking about taxes can she claim me as dependent when she files her 2009 taxes this year?

Anyone had similar experience? If so how did you guys work it out? Moderators, seniors appreciate if you have any suggestions or advice for me. Thanks