Concurrent TN visa question

tnvisanewbie

Hi everyone,

I wasn't able to find the answer to this question and was wondering if anyone else with concurrent TNs or other relevant knowledge can help? I successfully applied for a concurrent TN visa at a land POE today. I made sure to specify I am still working for the old employer and I want this to be an additional new job (concurrent) and I verified 2x with the officers that it's supposedly concurrent. I was a little hesitant though because the officer I had seemed new and called someone over and they both kind of didn't know how to answer my question and said they haven't seen people do concurrent TNs before but just basically yes I got the stamp for the new one so it should be ok. I checked my I-94 history and I see a new number (so I know my new 2nd job went through), but was wondering if there's a way to verify my old I94 (from my 1st job that I'm still with) is still valid? I have the old number as well but can't find a way to look it up. All the buttons I click through on the I94 website only show the 2nd (new) job's I94 number/details.

Thank you for any help!

Thanks for your reply nelsona! How would I tell if they "took it away" now that the i94 record is electronic? If I check my i94 status right now, I see the information for my 2nd (new) job only. I don't know if the website just shows limited information/one of the valid records though. Does anyone else who has concurrent jobs on TN see the information from both jobs on their electronic i94 record? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply nelsona! How would I tell if they "took it away" now that the i94 record is electronic? If I check my i94 status right now, I see the information for my 2nd (new) job only. I don't know if the website just shows limited information/one of the valid records though. Does anyone else who has concurrent jobs on TN see the information from both jobs on their electronic i94 record? Thanks in advance!
Hi,
I have concurrent TN’s and have the same exact question. I asked the officer if there is a way to see my 1st job info, she said she has no idea about it and asked me to call USCIS for more info.
I went thrice for TN. I quit my 1st TN and now have both 2nd and 3rd. I asked the officer about the 1st TN visa, I told her that I no longer work there and wanted that TN to be cancelled and all she did is crossed the stamp with pen and nothing in the system.
Hope this helps.
Thanks!

The I-94 you give your employer when you were hired is still in the system, and should be in your possession. That is how YOU and your EMPLOYER know.

Thank you for your responses! Good to know Arravv, so it seems like if they didn't cross out the stamp from my original entry on my first TN visa, it's still "valid". @nelsona is there a way to reverse check an i94 number for its validity? I do have a copy of my I94 number from my 1st job, but that one isn't reflected on the electronic I94 website anymore.

AS I said, if you have a paper copy of the I-94 (you had to give one to your employer), there is no further need to check its validity online.

I've never shown my paper I-94s to my employers. All they see is the I-94 number that I've entered on the I-9 form I fill out + the downloaded PDF.

for safety sake, whenever I get a new I-94, I keep a copy from the USCIS website, in case the paper version they give at the border disappears.

@tnvisanewbie @Arravv @grant2 @nelsona

Did you found a solution yet to see the electronic i-94 of the other TN (first TN)?

I have the same question and am in the same situation.

I have 2 concurrent TNs. While applying for the 2nd TN, I did mention and officer understood the complexity of concurrent TNs (and asked him not to cancel my first TN).

USCIS i-94 website only shows the most recent TN. When I recently crossed the border automatically the latest one got used (I have Nexus).

For my past TNs, it was a card - but then they stopped issuing the card and it started becoming electronic i94. I do understand from my past research that we do not need to cancel the TN once we stop working for a job. However, when we apply for a new TN (from the old job to the new job) and we are stopping the work in the old job then that TN gets canceled. It gets canceled in the system by the office issuing the new TN for the new job and the officer usually does not do anything to the stamp of the TN.

I wanted to know if anyone has found a solution to how do we know if the first TN (in case of concurrent TNs) is still valid.

Hi, I went to get my TN for concurrent employment at the southern border today, the officer gave me one I-94 and said they dont know how to add two employers and said one I-94 is good, if I have any questions need to call USCIS.

did anyone above found the answers for the concurrent employment, as the I94's are now electronic?

appreciate any update, thank you in advance.

Hi Nelsona thank you for the reply, I don’t have two I 94,s just one electronic, should I use the same for both employers?

You were issued one with your first TN, no? That is a real I-94 and your paper copy is proof.
Now you have the second one. 2 copies, two TNs. What shows up on line is not your work authorization, the paper copy is.

Thank you, I am starting two jobs at the same time and I have given one I94 electronic, my question is should I give the same I 94 to both employers as my old paper I94 is not valid anymore

i went with two job offers for fulltime and part time, officer said they dont have anything for concurrent and said to use one I-94 which is electronic

Well, then, just go with what the officer told you. Present the I-94 to each sponsor. The fact that it is issued on the day you got each TN helps.

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to apply for Concurrent TN status to work part-time for an additional employer at a CBP Port of Entry within the US? For example, there are Ports of Entry at many international airports in the US where CBP officers work.

Here's the scenario:
Mexican individual with TN status and valid visa issued for a full-time job with employer A seeking to add an additional employer B for a part-time job as a College Teacher at a Port of Entry with CBP.

I've read about successful Concurrent TN cases where an individuals add a secondary employer. For example, a Mexican Graphic Designer in valid TN status with valid visa traveled outside the US (to Mexico), re-entered by land the next day, applied with CBP officer at the border and obtained a secondary I94 for employer B. Is this online possible by land?

Thanks in advance,

Sorry for the typo, I meant to ask: *Is this only possible by land?

To be more explicit, in this scenario is it required to depart the US? I’m wondering whether I can simply go to a port of entry at a nearby international airport without departing the US.