Concurrent Filers (140/485) CSC-TSC: Waiting for 140 Approval

You will get it soon, too!!

azamani123 said:
Congratulation DocPC!

I am still waiting ... I hope, I can also get these emails!!! soon.
Thanks man, I know how painful it is to wait. Hang'in there!!

DocPC

Congrats DocPC! I am sad and very glad to see another member leaving this forum. Azamani123, maith, and the three other people that are still waiting, don't loose patience, we should also get our e-mails soon. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Redfox1 said:
Congrats DocPC! I am sad and very glad to see another member leaving this forum. Azamani123, maith, and the three other people that are still waiting, don't loose patience, we should also get our e-mails soon. ;)

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Texas

the dates for 140 has started moving ahead after a long time. does this mean that Texas is now handling applications which were submitted at TSC and has stopped processing applications which were transfered to CSC??

LUD means Last Update Date,
It can be found by loggin into your account on the online case status service, and then looking at your applications. An LUD of 5/22/2006 means they did something to your file on May 22 2006. Usually it means they moved it from one place to another.

azamani123 said:
there is no news and it is not moving at all.... more than 8 month for I-140 ??!!?!?! :( :confused: :mad: :mad:

Is it possible that we are stuck in namecheck?

I have heard that people get stuck in namecheck during 140 also... I dont know if it is true.

Are you troubled by H1B or Green card laws in US? If yes, ask your representative in House of Representatives to support SKIL Bill! The SKIL Bill will take away the retrogression pains!!!

Its easy to do!! The link given below helps you in doing that. It automatically lists the name and address of the member of House of Representatives based on your US address and it even has a sample email ready for you!!

http://capwiz.com/aila2/issues/alert/?alertid=8903206

The form is provided by AILA - American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Details about the SKIL Bill can be found here:
http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/skil506.pdf

This bill has already passed in the Senate as part of Comprehensive Immigration Reforms (CIR) and was presented in House of Representatives on June 30th.

I don't know man... but whatever it is, it is baaaaad :mad: :mad:
and my lawyer says that becasue on March 29th the case was transfered from CA to TX so we should wait until the processing date reaches to the March 29th :confused: :mad: :confused:

ahaly said:
Is it possible that we are stuck in namecheck?

I have heard that people get stuck in namecheck during 140 also... I dont know if it is true.

azamani123 said:
and my lawyer says that becasue on March 29th the case was transfered from CA to TX so we should wait until the processing date reaches to the March 29th :confused: :mad: :confused:
Hmm.. my application is a NIW application. Hence I can contact USCIS on my own and I have done so around 10 times. Each time they tell me that they cant initiate an inquiry before 180 days from the date of transfer. I am not sure if the date in Service Center is the correct marker to follow.

statuc check?

I am new to I-140 (CA, RIR, EB2). Can anyone tell me how we can check the status of pending I-140 application? Does it have to go through the company's attorney?

svrabbit said:
I am new to I-140 (CA, RIR, EB2). Can anyone tell me how we can check the status of pending I-140 application? Does it have to go through the company's attorney?

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Use your receipt number found on your USCIS receipt. You can also create an account and they will e-mail you when there's an update on your case.

You can also log into your account 5 times a day to check the status, although based on my personal experience this does not speed up the process :rolleyes:

Confused

Hello there, can someone explain to me the meanings of the following?

PD
ND
FP
LUD
and any others that you might think useful?

I just filed the 1-485 and i-140 concurrently in June 2006 ( EB2), I had my biometrics done yesterday (7/25/06). Am interested to find out the general times to actually receiving the greencard.

Thanks very much!

I140 approved but online status not updated!

azamani123 said:

Azamani123 and the remaining 5 ppl...

So my lawyer initiated an official inquiry for my I140 (RD 11/02/05; ND 11/30/05) and found out that my I140 has already been approved on Jun 12th, 2006 :)

However the online status hasn't been updated, neither have they or I received the approval notice...

So some person that was in a hurry just approved it and left it without actually reflecting it in the 'public' system... :( :(

SInce we are all around the same NDs, I suspect something fishy like that with all of our cases.. So try to find out..

Hope all of your approvals come through soon too!

I also asked my lawyer to request inquiry. he just called them. how yours request inquiry? did they gave written notice that your case has been approved? or just over the phone? please let me know. they said to my lawyer that becasue they recieved on March 29th (to TX), we have to wait another 2 month and then request an inquiry (now they are proccessing Feb 2006)

maith said:
Azamani123 and the remaining 5 ppl...

So my lawyer initiated an official inquiry for my I140 (RD 11/02/05; ND 11/30/05) and found out that my I140 has already been approved on Jun 12th, 2006 :)

However the online status hasn't been updated, neither have they or I received the approval notice...

So some person that was in a hurry just approved it and left it without actually reflecting it in the 'public' system... :( :(

SInce we are all around the same NDs, I suspect something fishy like that with all of our cases.. So try to find out..

Hope all of your approvals come through soon too!

Over the phone

azamani123 said:
I also asked my lawyer to request inquiry. he just called them. how yours request inquiry? did they gave written notice that your case has been approved? or just over the phone? please let me know. they said to my lawyer that becasue they recieved on March 29th (to TX), we have to wait another 2 month and then request an inquiry (now they are proccessing Feb 2006)

THey told my lawyer over the phone that my case was approved. There's contradictory information abt the rule as to when to file official inquiry. The 6 months rule is what one rep had told my lawyer but another one said that the original ND is what should be looked at even though the case was transferred.
My lawyer had mailed a letter to the INS to start the official inquiry.

Wow, this is interesting. Congratulations Maith! Did you receive an update on 6/24 like most of us?

BTW, how reliable are the customer service people over the phone? The reason I ask is back in May, I got an update of 'the document we made based on the approval or registration of your case was mailed...'. I called USCIS, and a lady told me this means my case was approved. But since then I received all the mass updates and no approval notice. I checked online and people are saying this simply means a change-of-address, and I did do that a few weeks earlier. So seems like the lady was wrong.

Or maybe she was not...

Hello there,

mine is
===
CA-EB2-India/ labor sub

I-140 RD 3/9/2004

1ST RFE - 11/15/2004
2nd RFE- 06/2/2005
LUD changes on I-140
04/01/2006
07/25/2006
07/27/2006

BUT i dont know what happened on these LUD changes dates. as the message never changed.

Could anyone share your experience if this means something .

thanks

LUDs were on 06/13 and 06/24

Redfox1 said:
Wow, this is interesting. Congratulations Maith! Did you receive an update on 6/24 like most of us?

BTW, how reliable are the customer service people over the phone? The reason I ask is back in May, I got an update of 'the document we made based on the approval or registration of your case was mailed...'. I called USCIS, and a lady told me this means my case was approved. But since then I received all the mass updates and no approval notice. I checked online and people are saying this simply means a change-of-address, and I did do that a few weeks earlier. So seems like the lady was wrong.

Or maybe she was not...

Yep ur rite, the customer service reps pretty much know what we see in the online status. I believe my lawyer spoke to an immigration officer and not the customer rep..

maith said:
Yep ur rite, the customer service reps pretty much know what we see in the online status. I believe my lawyer spoke to an immigration officer and not the customer rep..
Congrats maith!!

What was the BCIS address that your lawyer mailed the query to? Do you know?

If the 140 was approved, why havnt you received the approval notice? Will you receive it now?

Also I had a LUD on 27th July. Who all besides freebird have received 140 LUD on this date?

Last edited by a moderator: