Company not ready to do I-485

chinnu2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My current lawyer is not ready to take up my case to file I-485 due to schedules cases are more to file before this window Aug 17th closes.
I am advised to do the work with external lawyer and the communication to be redirecting to my current lawyer. i am wondering is this feasible to go. And is what kind of documnetation is required for the new lawyer to file the I-485 from current lawyer.

I appreciate all your responses ASAP.

Hi,

My current lawyer is not ready to take up my case to file I-485 due to schedules cases are more to file before this window Aug 17th closes.
I am advised to do the work with external lawyer and the communication to be redirecting to my current lawyer. i am wondering is this feasible to go. And is what kind of documnetation is required for the new lawyer to file the I-485 from current lawyer.

I appreciate all your responses ASAP.

You do not need lawyer, do it yourself. You just need employment verification letter from your current employer simply saying that your position is still open and your current salary. In this case everything is under your control.

All other papers you have to do yourself.

Lawyers just only collect everything together what you give them in the folder and send it to Nebraska, simultaneously sending bill statements to you or to your company to pay for their "services".

There is one other bad thing, it is G28 form which they require you to sign, since it is signed by you, all USCIS documents regarding your case go directly to your lawyer but not to you, and you are in the favour of your lawyer to get any info about your case status.

Why the caompany wants everything to know about the case status

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. I have another question, that is G-28 is mandatory for I-485 signed by the lawyer.
Why do my company wants all the information to redirect to them if they are not ready to do any process in I-485.

Thanks a lot.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply. I have another question, that is G-28 is mandatory for I-485 signed by the lawyer.
Why do my company wants all the information to redirect to them if they are not ready to do any process in I-485.

Thanks a lot.

Some CEOs and top management have kind of paranoia thinking that if any external communicatuons happened not thru their corporate lawyers or at least contractor's lawyers, their business will go down, or at least their competitors got benefits for sure.
They simply want to control situation, based on my opinion.

Most of them consider their own employees as potential traitors and do not trust them.

Do not take it seriously, it is my own opinion only

Last edited by a moderator:
Is labor certificate is important

Hi,

I need to know the answer for the
a. new lawyer wants to see the labor certificate to send the I-485 packet. Is it really required to the new lawyer.
b.Is G-28 is must to go with I-485 packet.

Please let me know the answres for the above two.
And also let me know what else documnets is required frim employer, attorney .
i appreciate all your responses.
thanks

It is a legitimate request from your new attorney to verify your LC; You know your case is not fraud, but he needs to verify the information to be sure. It is reasonable. Also he needs the LC approval for I-140.

I don't think G-28 is required by USCIS, but it may be required by your employer or attorney. So you need their permission first.

Either one of your attorneys should be giving you a list of documents to prepare already. You can Google i-485 checklist for references, but each law firm has different requirement and you need to get clear directions from them.

My company lawyer didn't ask me to sign G-28 to file I-485. And he filed AOS, AP and ED for me and my spouse. We already got receipt notice and given finger print, so i can assume tht G-28 is optional.

PS. Yes i got all the notices from UCSIS and i faxed the copy of those documents to my lawyer for his record.

Thanks

Hi Guys
thanks for all your suggestions and encouragement. Atlast i filed 485 with company hired lawyer. i beared all the expeses.

Thanks again.

If anybody other than you is filling out the forms, then that person needs to sign the form also.
If it happens to be filled by an attorney, they ask that you authorize them to do so. And form G28 is used to that effect both by the attorney and the USCIS.