College while waiting for AOS

nicklahs

I wonder if anybody can answer a couple of questions.
We are about to file for a K1 visa and, as I understand, after the marriage we'll have to apply for AOS. How long does it usually take?
The second question is - While we wait for AOS, can my fiancee enroll into college? Will she be considered a resident student and pay tuition fees as a resident student?
Thank you

Yep.
Youll be able able to attend college no problem...however, youll need to look at your states/colleges specific guidelines as to whether youll be able to get instate tuition....most states, as far as Im aware, require that any resident must have lived in that state for a minimum of 1 year before they can get instate tuition (the same way a US citizen just cant move to the state of their school of choice for a month before school starts, and then claim in-state tuition)....therefore there must be an established period of residence for x amount of time.
Now whether your fiance would be considered as having to pay out of state fees or international fees is another different issue and something that Im unsure about. All I know though, is that come the next college year Ill have been living here for 13 months and so will finally be able to afford to go back to college paying instate :)