Cleveland Interview Experience

qa90

Registered Users (C)
It was an excellent day. We reached around 10:30AM, interview was 11:20AM, IO call me around 11:40AM went through any changes update, and application questionaries, then asked 7 question from sample questions set. Reading and writing was just two simple sentence from sample set. Then finally IO told that congratulation you passed the test. Now waiting for Oath.

RD: 3/8/08
ND: 3/10/08
FP: 4/02/08
Interview: 06/06/2008, I just completed 5 years on GC on 6/5/2008 (as I got my GC approved on 6/5/2003)

Guys just hang on. you day will be soon.

Regards

COLOHIO you did your FP in Columbus and interview in Cleveland? why in two diff cities? Also someone pls post their interview experience in OH?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
My mother had her citizenship interview on 07/15/2008 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Upon reaching there, she was shocked to hear that they did not have her file at the Cincinnati center. So we requested that interview be taken based on the application copy we have and the IO agreed. Interview went fine and she passed the questions as well as English tests. The IO congratulated her at the end however said that decision could not be made that time as he did not have her original file(including application,etc) at that time and she would be notified by mail. He did not mention whether decision is pending or she will get oath letter.
We are worried as per the status of her application now. Did anyone have similar experience? Please help.

Thanks

Hello,
My mother had her citizenship interview on 07/15/2008 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Upon reaching there, she was shocked to hear that they did not have her file at the Cincinnati center. So we requested that interview be taken based on the application copy we have and the IO agreed. Interview went fine and she passed the questions as well as English tests. The IO congratulated her at the end however said that decision could not be made that time as he did not have her original file(including application,etc) at that time and she would be notified by mail. He did not mention whether decision is pending or she will get oath letter.
We are worried as per the status of her application now. Did anyone have similar experience? Please help.

Thanks

Sometimes the applicant's file doesn't get transferred from the service center for some reason. The reason for the decision can't be made it that they still need to wait for file to arrive from the service center and then consolidate it with the results of interview. It's anyone's guess how long it will take for the file to be transferred, so just make sure to keep inquiring via Infopass every few weeks if you don't here anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Thanks

Bobsmyth explained it very well. And I also urge you to contact them via InfoPass if you don't hear anything in the next 30 days to check the status. I would stay on top of them regarding this, as they have to make a decision within 120 days after the interview by law. You don't want your file to arrive and have sit on a shelf collecting dust.

COLOHIO you did your FP in Columbus and interview in Cleveland? why in two diff cities? Also someone pls post their interview experience in OH?

Yes, I had my finger print taken at Columbus and interview in Cleveland. Furthermore, IO said if I go through final approval, my oath ceremony would be in Toledo.

Although distance from both Columbus and Cleveland is almost the same, my county falls within Cleveland DO jurisdiction. But I was surprised when the finger print notice came for Columbus DO. I thought since my finger print was taken in Columbus, my interview would be in Columbus too. I was surprised once again when the interview letter came for Cleveland DO.

Anyway, my interview experience in Cleveland DO was a good one. IO was friendly. She only asked for my passport and greencard and went over the N-400 items. Asked 8 questions for the civic and history test. I got all 8 correct.
Simple sentences for english test.

COLOHIO,

Same situation here. IO told final background cheeck and then oath. My interview was in June 6th(although PD 3/10/08, FP 4/1/08), Toledo is my Oath place. I just got Oath letter for Aug 15th. So you just wait for Sep date. I hear that will be a big oath approx 80 people.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations on your oath letter!!! Good luck with your oath! If you are from India, August 15th is India's Indepence Day too!

Interview questions I was asked

Could you remember what are the questions they have asked you?

Here are the questions I was asked (not in the order):

1. How many stars are there on our flag?

2. Who is the first president of the United States?

3. What is the Constitution?

4. How many amendments are there to the Constitution?

5. What is the minimum voting age in the United States?

6. What is the name of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to America?

7. What is the name of the President's official home?

8. What are the two major political parties in the United States?

I was asked only 8 questions. I got all 8 correct.

Yeap,

Its an excellent day, on that day my father/grandfather became citizen of India Aug 15th, 1947. Now another Aug 15th I am going to citizen in US. WOW.

I wish I could citizen on 4th July, unfortunately that was cancel suppose to be on Put in Bay

So hand on there Sep is your turn. Its not in TOLEDO, I think in Holland, OH