• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Clearance

hish

Registered Users (C)
Today I went to the embassy to follow up my case as per advise of visa officer…
They checked there system and informed me that the clearance has not been received yet form Washington ..

visa officer :{come back next week same day same time}
:confused: :(

you are not the only one. The problem is that if your clearance (name check) is not ready by Sep 30, you will not get your visa.

why are they so slow..is not u.s. a center of high-technology? what kind of database they have? in many countries of europe it takes only few hours for criminal check-up...for instance in Turkey, you can get it in 5 minutes..

I think they have so many different government and state departments working very independently from each other and every time they request info from each other, it takes so much time for authorization...
in other words bureaucracy sucks
I guess I will have to wait as well if my number ever bcomes current?

you guys must be nervous. I really hope they hurry up and you can get your visas.

Some countires like Turkey do very fast criminal check and give clearance, 'no criminal report'. Although reciprocity table says different, some countries like Russia don't give the criminal report..

why are they so slow..is not u.s. a center of high-technology? what kind of database they have? in many countries of europe it takes only few hours for criminal check-up...for instance in Turkey, you can get it in 5 minutes..

I think they have so many different government and state departments working very independently from each other and every time they request info from each other, it takes so much time for authorization...
in other words bureaucracy sucks
I guess I will have to wait as well if my number ever bcomes current?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hish,
Same situation to me. My embassy is Tokyo and i am from Bangladesh. My interview was held on August 06 but no result yet.
By the way, may i know ur interview date, embassy and native country?

Best of luck.

Hi Hish,
Same situation to me. My embassy is Tokyo and i am from Bangladesh. My interview was held on August 06 but no result yet.
By the way, may i know ur interview date, embassy and native country?

Best of luck.

my interview date was on 23july.....i went back to the embassy on the 5th aug...
by the way one of my native country freinds attend the interview on the same embassy on the 3rd aug and he recived the visa today..

Dear Friend,

I got my clearance today and get touch embassy tomorrow .

I appreciat all my friends who share all information and give me moral etc

It was really hard to wait for something good,

I Feel renovenance now.

Hope all friends who r waiting for the clearance will be come out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dv2008 Any Second Letter Yet Nigeria

Hi guys, has any one got the second letter yet from Nigeria, one guy from Nigeria said he has been given his interview date,by going to the embassey:confused:
Tolu