Clarification Required - H1B Petition approved only till Oct '15 - Currently Stamping is on hold

ananlaks

Hi All

My H1B Work permit Petition had got approved on Oct 2014 and I appeared for the Interview on 24th Dec 2014. The VO Officer in Chennai had issued Blue Color 221 G - Slip and asked me to submit the document as email.

I did it on 14th Jan 2015. and on 9th Feb 2015 I got one more 221 G, this time in White Color asking for a detailed project description.

I had sent in the Reply for the Second 221 G, but still the status in the website shows as "Additional Admin Processing" and has the Latest updated date as 9th Feb 2015.

Considering the Fact that the USCIS would be starting to accept the petition for the coming FY, and though I can understand that there is no deadline for the Consulate in approving the response for 221 G - thought to check with you, on the possibility of speeding up the process here.

Also, as the Work Permit is approved only till 15th Oct, 2015 - what could be done further if the stamping is getting delayed. Is there is any chance for applying for extension in a short span of time, once the Visa is stamped and I start to work with my Sponsor.