CL_Asylee's Citizenship Interview

Cl_Asylee

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Short Version: I had my interview today. I passed the English, U.S. History and Government tests. However, the decision will be made only after March 16 (My Residence's 5 year anniversary).

Looooooong version::D

My interview was scheduled in Buffalo, NY (2 hours 30 min from my home) at 2:30 p.m. I got at the office at 2:18 p.m. and handed my letter.

The IO called me at 2:45 p.m. The IO was a lady, very serious but very helpful, patient and willing to listen.

First thing was the swearing thing. Second, she asked me the 6 questions:

1. What is one power of the federal government?
2. Name one right only for United States citizens?
3. How many amendments does the constitution have?
4. Why did the colonist fight the British?
5. Who makes federal laws?
6. What is the highest court in the United States?

She asked me to read: Which state has the most population. And to write: California has the most population.

Then, she started checking point by point in the application. I interrupted her to ask if I can add a hyphen between my two last names, she said sure you can. Then she filed and printed a form with the name change and I signed.

Then, she confirmed with me home addresses and employment, trips out of the country. Then, the yes/no questions very quick until question 27: Have you ever been ordered to be removed, excluded or deported from the United States? I originally wrote NO, but she said that since I was referred to an immigration judge for my asylum case she will change it to YES and wrote below: removal proceedings. She continued with the yes/no questions.

Then, she made me sign part 13 (signature at interview) and part 14 (Oath of allegiance). And she told me if I have any question. I asked if I can choose date and location for the Oath, she said my oath will be on my town on April 15th and I told her there will be an oath on March 24th in another city which is 1 hour where I live. She checked and told me she can schedule me there but did not promise anything since she will make the decision after March 16th and maybe there will be not place for the oath in that city.

Finally, I asked when I would get the decision and oath letter and she said right after my 5-year anniversary. She walked with me out at 3:05 p.m. So, all the interview process took 20 min. This is it!

Thanks all the members who read and answered my posts and helped me out with so many things. I promised after my oath to post again and name all the forum members that helped me and even the ones that are my friends now.

I am very happy that everything went smooth today. :D

P.S. I did not go back to COP and was not asked by the IO if I did.
P.S.2. If you have any question I will be happy to answer.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM.

Congrats :D

I'm sure everything will flow through just fine as soon as it passes your 5 year anniversary! At least we're one step closer to the final part of the journey! Hopefully you'll get an oath letter for Syracuse! Good luck with everything :D

oh my god...i was waiting the whole day, to be honest i was a little nervous!!! and finally when you post the information i was out getting a bite to eat! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! i hope you enjoy every minute of it!!! welcome to the citizenship of the USA, I sent you a big, big hug!!!!!!

Congrats!! a month or so to go before you are set free!!

Thanks Want. You have been so helpful during all these years.

Question: I should expect any LUD from now until I got my approval and or Oath letter?

My last update was on Feb-2-2010.

I'm sure everything will flow through just fine as soon as it passes your 5 year anniversary! At least we're one step closer to the final part of the journey! Hopefully you'll get an oath letter for Syracuse! Good luck with everything :D

Thanks Danimee, I hope we can have the oath together.

oh my god...i was waiting the whole day, to be honest i was a little nervous!!! and finally when you post the information i was out getting a bite to eat! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! i hope you enjoy every minute of it!!! welcome to the citizenship of the USA, I sent you a big, big hug!!!!!!

Hahaha why you were nervous? Thanks for you kindness. Cuando aplicas?

Hi All,

Short Version: I had my interview today. I passed the English, U.S. History and Government tests. However, the decision will be made only after March 16 (My Residence's 5 year anniversary).

Looooooong version::D

My interview was scheduled in Buffalo, NY (2 hours 30 min from my home) at 2:30 p.m. I got at the office at 2:18 p.m. and handed my letter.

The IO called me at 2:45 p.m. The IO was a lady, very serious but very helpful, patient and willing to listen.

First thing was the swearing thing. Second, she asked me the 6 questions:

1. What is one power of the federal government?
2. Name one right only for United States citizens?
3. How many amendments does the constitution have?
4. Why did the colonist fight the British?
5. Who makes federal laws?
6. What is the highest court in the United States?

She asked me to read: Which state has the most population. And to write: California has the most population.

Then, she started checking point by point in the application. I interrupted her to ask if I can add a hyphen between my two last names, she said sure you can. Then she filed and printed a form with the name change and I signed.

Then, she confirmed with me home addresses and employment, trips out of the country. Then, the yes/no questions very quick until question 27: Have you ever been ordered to be removed, excluded or deported from the United States? I originally wrote NO, but she said that since I was referred to an immigration judge for my asylum case she will change it to YES and wrote below: removal proceedings. She continued with the yes/no questions.

Then, she made me sign part 13 (signature at interview) and part 14 (Oath of allegiance). And she told me if I have any question. I asked if I can choose date and location for the Oath, she said my oath will be on my town on April 15th and I told her there will be an oath on March 24th in another city which is 1 hour where I live. She checked and told me she can schedule me there but did not promise anything since she will make the decision after March 16th and maybe there will be not place for the oath in that city.

Finally, I asked when I would get the decision and oath letter and she said right after my 5-year anniversary. She walked with me out at 3:05 p.m. So, all the interview process took 20 min. This is it!

Thanks all the members who read and answered my posts and helped me out with so many things. I promised after my oath to post again and name all the forum members that helped me and even the ones that are my friends now.

I am very happy that everything went smooth today. :D

P.S. I did not go back to COP and was not asked by the IO if I did.
P.S.2. If you have any question I will be happy to answer.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM.

Congrats Cl_Asylee, You'll get your oath letter another week or two. All your misery is over.
Atique.