Citizenship Thru Self Or Spouse

FWIW here are my thoughts on this case.

1. Under the "rules" of AC21 - which are actually very ill defined - you don't technically ever need to work for the GC sponsoring company because the GC is issued on the basis of a FUTURE JOB OFFER, which USCIS expects you to take up once you receive your I-485 approval. So long as your I-485 takes longer than 180 days to be approved, you are free to switch employers as long as the job is substantially the same as the original offer. (I could see how a change of job title might be a problem here.) What is not clear is whether you had a duty to notify USCIS at the time of the job change.

2. Just because USCIS did not immediately recommend your N-400 for approval does not in any way mean you will automatically be denied. From what I've ready here, its not unusual for some IOs to tick the "a decision cannot be made" box even when everything is in order. All cases get reviewed by a second officer before final approval, so maybe you just need to wait and see.

Good News!!!

I GOT MY OATH LETTER N-445 TODAY!!!
Here are the details
Oath Notice 3/27
Recvd 3/29
Oath date 4/26 in LA

Thank you all for the info provided and wish you good luck.

I GOT MY OATH LETTER N-445 TODAY!!!
Here are the details
Oath Notice 3/27
Recvd 3/29
Oath date 4/26 in LA

Thank you all for the info provided and wish you good luck.

Congratulations reddyrx

I am sooooo happy for you. More than just my feeling, the past experiences on this board were leading me to say you will get an approval.

rajmash, I know you have been following this post along with AC21 discussions, this example is yet another positive reinforcement that USCIS is liberal on Employment related GC petitions (i.e. if one leaves the employer too soon after the GC petition or does not work from them at all).

Thank You

koolvik7 and boatbod

Thank you very much for the info you provided and good luck to you.

yes I hope.... the same

i guess as more and more cases go thru the proceedings - we will have a better idea.

good luck to all

Congratulations reddyrx

I am sooooo happy for you. More than just my feeling, the past experiences on this board were leading me to say you will get an approval.

rajmash, I know you have been following this post along with AC21 discussions, this example is yet another positive reinforcement that USCIS is liberal on Employment related GC petitions (i.e. if one leaves the employer too soon after the GC petition or does not work from them at all).