Citizenship Notice - Permanent Immigration file

kapilk1173

Hello everyone,

I had my naturalization interview yesterday. I was able to answer all questions successfully (civics, english etc). At the end, the officer said that my immigration file was missing some documentation and he has to wait for it to arrive to approve my application. I asked if there was some documentation that i could provide, but he mentioned nothing from my end was needed.
He handed me a Citizenship notice mentioning that no further action is needed from me and they are waiting for 'complete permanent immigration file'.
He said it could take upto 120 days and if i do not hear by then call USCIS 800 number to find out what is going on.

Does anyone why the file could go missing? Would i have to wait 120 days for an approval? Anyone having similar experience?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

kk

Interesting..does he means.information related to your Green Card?.
did you ask what is it means?

What does that even mean by 'complete permanent immigration file'? Sounds like a bad explanation for something these IOs needs to have done before the interview. They run out of time and do it later. Hopefully you'll get your notice soon

He could have delayed your interview if he was sure that your complete file will not be there on interview date. Consider yourself lucky.

Just FYI
USCIS has 120 day to make a decision on your case after that you can Sew them , you can contact CIS Ombudsman office now ant create case with them

it happens sometime that they don't have your complete A file. so, don't over stress about it. My advice follow up in a month or two.