Citizenship Interview

jagadishg

I received a letter for interview but not sure whether interview and Oath take place at the same time and location. My local service center is Newark. Getting conflicting info that it can be either the same day or different. How can I make sure in my case?
Please suggest.

Jagdishsg

Congrats ! I doubt the interview and oath take place at the same time these days, but i can be wrong. However it should not matter and you should be happy if both take place on the same day.

Please post your timeline .... MD/ND/FP/Interview date etc ....

All the best !

Sanj02

No Title

thanks Sanj02 for your quick reply. I am sure one of my colleagues had everything the same day in 12/01. Again I heard from another friend of mine who had these 2 months apart. Please let me know about your dates and if you find any additional info.
My dates are
06/25/01 Priority Date
10/??/01 Receipt Date
01/??/02 FingerPrinting Date
04/24/02 Interview Date

No Title

thats great if both are done at the same time, well doing is believing.
Dates are follows,
12/17/01 PD
02/26/02 FP
??/??/?? Interview date
Will update when any further info is received.
By the way was your friend also from Newark ? and any idea what type of questions they ask at the interview other than the Civic test ?

Sanj02

No Title

yes both of them are from Newark, One guy said he was asked 4 questions and needed 2 to pass and not sure about the other.

Sanj02 - The Interview depends on the place where you are from !!!!

Sanj02- The interview call, depends on the local office to which the Service transfers your information. N-400 always goes to the Service centers and there after they send it to the local office. I inquired the office which is not my local office but near to the place where I live (that is funny!!!) but the INS office showed me the computer screen and said we do not have any info about you. And later on I got my Interview from my real local office. It is better if you drive down to your local office and inquire which might initiate the process(if you are lucky). I guess San Antonio in Texas is the fastest local office (from 1 of the old mails posted here in the chat).
thanks

More timelines

Can post the timelines for your friends also, This way we can see what the average wait is.

sanj02

I am from NJ, mu local INS office is Newark.

Application :01/02/2002
Receipt : 01/22/2002
Waiting for FP

INTRODUCTION

Greetings. I have been given the privilege to assist with these groups. Please note, that I will not interfere with the public nature of this forum other than to provide help when needed and to maintain proper decorum.

Homa Naderi
Case Manager
Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, P.C.